Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

Mar 21, 2011

Hello!

I met with Mario Seg on March 14/11. He represented himself as the Hotel U's Corporate Lawyer and did not have any ID or even a business card to prove it. Earlier he presented a business card to a Canadian couple, as the Hotel U's Corporate Representative. Mr. Seg seems to be the new head of fraudulent scams to mislead unsuspecting tourists and Members. He has requested $7,800 for existing members to switch from Belaire to the Hotel U. If, you do not, all he can offer is the raining season from May to October. When the name Allan Dale and Michael Hightower of the VMG were mentioned, he said he had never heard of them. What crap, since I was just at the resort in Dec in which I questioned the Hotel U rep. (Michelle) about these two crooks, and she knew they were acting agents to sell for them? Profeco warned us about the Vacation Management Group as they were based in Los Vegas and out of the grasp of Mexican Law...how convenient. Mr. Seg has also thrown a new scam in to his bag of tricks. We bought in Dec. 2008 with Belaire taken over our Timeshare property in PV as part of the contract. We have a 2 year email paper trail to indicate our effort. Mr. Seg says that we owe him an additional $40,000 since the contract has not been fulfilled. The meeting ended abruptly after we produced the evidence and that Profeco is now involved on our behalf. The October 2010 Newsletter indicated construction to begin in October. Absolutely nothing is happening. The Newsletters are as phony as contracts being bought back. The Canadian Consulate is well aware of the fraud at Belaire/Hotel U when we filed our complaint. They told us that our money is all but gone unless lawyers get involved. I do not understand why the Mexican authorities allow this fraud to continue and to destroy the reputation of Puerto Vallarta as being a nice place to visit.

Paul C.
Mar 31, 2011

did you every get any money back due to Perfecto's aid? Paul

Paul A.
Mar 31, 2011

Profeco is useless.They can only recommend not demand anyone to do anything.The belaire lawyers are laughing all the way to the bank.I feel no one will get their money back. I posted here plus sent an email to ramon. in Canada that I had an attorney willing to take our case dpfor $3000 to start.He was willing to find out if belaire had any money to sue for but I received only one response of someone willing to go forward and take the next step.Noone is getting their money back unless they fight for it in court.Profeco is certainly not the answer.We have decided to take it as a tax loss if we can.

Richard K.

Last edited by richard211 on Mar 31, 2011 05:47 PM

Mar 31, 2011

as i thought...

Paul A.
Apr 03, 2011

The sad thing is Profeco seems to not have any authority whatsoever. They are just mediators. They give Belaire a fine, but it seems that no agency enforces this fine. Mexico does not seem to respect its tourist industry.

Patti B.
Apr 13, 2011

Hi, Have you had any luck with the class action lawsuit idea. We live in Canada and are interested to hear what we can possible do. Thanks for any info.

Patti B.
Apr 24, 2011

We have a Petition Letter for all us who are willing to sign. If you agree to the Petition we will forward to the Mayor of Puerto Vallarta with copies to PROFECO, Canadian Consulate, US Consulate, Department of Tourism and Association of Developers and Promoters of Timeshares. Send me your email address and I will send you the Petition

Gerry loraineandgerry@shaw.ca

Gerry B.

Last edited by gerryb46 on Apr 24, 2011 02:31 AM

Apr 24, 2011

please send us the petition. paularf@optonline.net thanks.

Paul A.
Apr 24, 2011

prattgfta@juno.com please send a Petition.

George P.
Apr 24, 2011

I would be willing to sign a petition, could you please send me one also.

Jim M.
Apr 24, 2011

Jim I need your email address

Gerry

Gerry B.
Apr 24, 2011

send us the petition. our e-mail address is agerein@yahoo.com

Anthony A.

Last edited by anthonya93 on Apr 24, 2011 02:03 PM

Apr 25, 2011

send us the petition, our email address is clpeddie@shaw.ca

Carrie P.
Apr 25, 2011

Email address for Jim is jamesmoor90@gmail.com

Jim M.
Apr 26, 2011

Is there anyway I can get in on this petition without using my computer? I can barely figure out how to get my e-mail.

George P.
Apr 27, 2011

Yes, I would certainly be interested in collaring these people and stop them from scamming more money from other people so send me the petition.

Mark A.
Apr 28, 2011

marka397 wrote:
Yes, I would certainly be interested in collaring these people and stop them from scamming more money from other people so send me the petition.

George, send me your email address,

loraineandgerry@shaw.ca

Gerry B.
Apr 28, 2011

marka397 wrote:

Mark send me your email loraineandgerry@shaw.ca

Gerry B.
Apr 28, 2011

prattgfta@juno.com

George P.
May 03, 2011

gerryb46 wrote:
We have a Petition Letter for all us who are willing to sign. If you agree to the Petition we will forward to the Mayor of Puerto Vallarta with copies to PROFECO, Canadian Consulate, US Consulate, Department of Tourism and Association of Developers and Promoters of Timeshares. Send me your email address and I will send you the Petition

Gerry loraineandgerry@shaw.ca

We would be happy to sign your petition as well. Our email is soneil0662@rogers.com.

Carol O.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.