preview the new redweek.com!

belaire golf resort and spa

Forum: Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

page 23 of 42

«prev page   1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 42   next page»

Message Author

loraineandgerry@shaw.ca for class action

joan659 wrote:
We are Canadians scammed by Belair AKA "U". How can we join this class action?

2 years ago
Dec 18, 2012

Class Action email loraineandgerry@shaw.ca

1 year ago
Dec 19, 2012

How can I join the suit? Thanks!

1 year ago
Dec 20, 2012

The vida vacations was created to force owners in to upgrade, every time you attend a members update, they find a problem about your current contract and thats why :

A ) YOU CANT GET IN B ) YOU DONT GET A RENTAL CHECK C ) DONT HAVE A REAL STATE ATTACHEMENT

If you read on your contract cover page clausule number 5 it sais that:

5.-I understand that Company and/or its affiliates have developed (and may develop in the future) other resort brands, real state developments, entertainment venues, tourist attractions and/or other developments, alone or in conjunction with independent companies. This contract relates only to the resort identified in Recital IV of the contract , obligates only the Company that is a party to the contract and does not confer on Member any rights with respect to any such other developments. The contract does not impose on such affiliates or on any independent companies (or their affiliates) any obligation to Member. I hereby confirm that no representations or promises have been made to me with respect to any such other developments and my decision to enter into this contract has not been induced or influence in any way by any expectations regarding any such developments.

In other words, you purchase a contract ( Mayan Palace, Grand Mayan; Grand Luxxe, Etc) but you are only tittle to that it doesnt matter if you have a real state ademdum, becouse MAYAN ISLAND IS A INDEPENDENT COMPANY THAT THE ONE YOU PURCHASE FROM. Even the new Santuario (Santuary) if the company wants to charge you for attendint their shows...they can do it.

If any vida vacation owner is interested in getting 100% of the money back i can help you do it, i work directly with The Registry Collection and The Mexican Federal Goverment. The Only Thing that i will need its your permision to proceed and attached another "lie to" member in the Law Suit Hold Agaings Vida Vacations.

No money is neccesary, no cost or obligation to any person.

1 year ago
Jan 22, 2013

I contacted PROFECO over 2 years ago in attempt to recover my losses with Belaire. This Mexican agency that was created to protect the consumer is a complete joke and embarrassment! It is sad to say, that all is true about the corruption in Mexico. I have attached the final correspondence for all others to read. This comes after the 5th scheduled meeting with Belaire/Hotel U staff in which they didn't show up. The only action now is to pursue the Mexican courts in a Class Action Suit against these fraudulent criminals.

Regarding your complaint against RESORTS INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION, S DE RL DE CV, we would like to inform you that during the last hearing, the legal representative of the company did not appear. For this reason, suppliers were fined for not appearing even though they were notified properly; the amount of the fine was for the amount of $12,000 pesos. In this regard, we would like to inform you that this authority does not collect the fines, since it is a faculty of the local authorities where each provider is located.

We want to inform you that since the conciliation procedure has reached its limit and the company has not appeared to the hearings in which they were notified, your file was closed as a concluded matter and your rights were left intact in case you decide to take the matter before the Mexican Tribunals, the above in accordance with the article 116 of the Federal Consumer Protection.

Thanks,

Jorge Pérez ESQ.

Department of Conciliation

Services for Foreign Residents

1 year ago
Jan 23, 2013

I'm currently in Mazatlan and have met with my Lawyer regarding my case with Belaire/Hotel U. My Lawyer advised me that Belaire/Hotel U did not attend either of the two PROFECO hearings and were fined 20,000 pesos each time. To the best of my knowledge, PROFECO has no ability to enforce these fines and they go unpaid. Apparently, the legal process requires that you proceed through PROFECO first before the court system will hear your case. My Lawyer advised me that my documents are currently with the translator being translated from English to Spanish. Once again a requirement necessary to be presented to the Mexican Court system. At least that this what I'm being informed by my Lawyer. These documents are to be presented to the courts next month. To the best of my knowledge, in Mexico the Lawyer you hire presses both civil and criminal charges. Criminal action is not undertaken by the Crown here in Mexico. Yesterday I was contacted by email by an organization claiming to be "Juridico Providencia Fraud Investigation Unit of Mexico". When I Googled this name it came back blank. They had my email address, the legal names of both my wife and I as well as my cell phone number. Their email was followed up the next day by a phone call. They claim they are an arm of the Federal Government and that they raided Hotel U and obtained boxes of documents with many of the existing contracts. They go onto say that for $1,500.00 they will collect your funds paid to the developer. They went on to advise me that PROFECO does not have the ability to impose fines and that English documents do not require translation into Spanish in order to be presented to the court system. I find both of these statements very difficult to swallow. I plan on visiting the PROFECO office tomorrow here in Mazatlan to determine if they do or do not have the ability to impose fines and I will confirm the translation part as well. I believe it is very safe to assume that this Juridico Providenia Fraud Investigation Unit of Mexico is yet another arm of Hotel U. How else would they have access to all my personal information? Based on what I hear from PRFECO tomorrow I will meet with my Lawyer once again to clarify any discrepancies. I'm still curious how the class action suit is proceeding? Anybody have any accurate details on this matter?

1 year ago
Feb 13, 2013

would like to know more.

1 year ago
Feb 13, 2013

I agree that Juridico Providencia - Fraud Investigation Unit of Mexico is most likely in cahoots with the people of Hotel U. I also received a call from a Mike Fisher of the that company who said that they had the stolen funds from the original owners. He emailed to me an info sheet, Confidentiality Agreement and Signature Form to be part of the restitution. The 3 forms are identical word for word, except for the address and signature, as those received from the Mexico Advocate Team last November. Both firms are in Guadalajara and claim to have our money.

Avatar for malcolmm30 malcolmm30

1 year ago
Feb 18, 2013

I would be interested in proceding with action against Belaire as long as there is no cost involved. My email is nmfvice1@msn.com.

1 year ago
Feb 18, 2013

Ditto - got the same phone call today from Mike Fisher. I am skeptical also. If they have our info documents and money and really care and want to do their job, give us our money! I will gladly THEN reward them with a cut...after that!!!!

1 year ago
Feb 18, 2013

Just to let you know that I phoned Belaire in S. USA somewhere (apparently their USA office. I was informed no work is being done on the resort, nor will there be in the future. There is no money to pay owners for a buy back, and there will not be any money in the future. The man said "too bad".

1 year ago
Feb 20, 2013

Michael Fisher called again today and said that breaking news was on the website for Vallartauno ,a news source, about the fraud with Bel Air/Hotel U and it's breaking open wide ...so said Michael Fisher. It names John Kerrigan and Jonathan Tomasello and many others. Then I called and spoke with someone from Hotel U and was told that the Hotel U group is still up and running but no work will be done through the end of 2013 ...taking the rest of the year off. Very interesting...

1 year ago
Feb 21, 2013

Read the article in Vallartauno and it amazes me that the government allows these crooks to continue operating around numerous resort areas and over the Internet. The whole mess makes me think that the chances of collecting a dime from these crooks is remote. I trust that the lawyers of the class action suit are doing their best but the problem is they are honest and abide by the law and the crooks don't. Since the government doesn't give a crap and particularly don't want to give up the graft that they get, I don't see much happening beyond a possible judgement that will be almost impossible to collect.

These crooks are affiliated with drug lords and criminals that hide their ill-got monies. The best we could hope for is that they will be criminally charged and sentenced to prison, but even that is not very likely.

One of these jerks was caught trafficking meth in Washington state. He was sentenced to prison but got the sentence reduced to probation and was let go. They have our money to hire expensive lawyers so even when they are in the US they can commit felonies and then get a "get out of jail card".

When will our government get involved? When will our own government stand up for it's own citizens who are being ripped off by foreign entities that have the support of the Mexican government?

My wife and I will never visit Mexico again and we tell everyone to avoid going there and spending one dime in a corrupt country.

1 year ago
Feb 22, 2013

My wife and I were on the next to last day of a pleasant, sunny vacation in February of 2007. We were enjoying a nice dinner at the Italian restaurant across from the Sea Garden in Nuevo. During the meal we were enticed into attending a presentation at the former Belaire by a gentleman who was simply making his way around the restaurant as people dined. I distinctly remember that we hesitated because we wanted to just relax by the pool on our last full day. But eventually, because of some real salesmanship, we agreed. It turned out to be a $40,000 mistake on our part that we have regretted ever since. My heart breaks for everyone who has been taken advantage of. My wife and I have moved on from that distasteful decision and rarely even discuss it anymore. I have forgiven the people who perpetrated this injustice and have turned it over to the Almighty God. May He have mercy on them. I hope all who are involved can also find solace in the fact that, and I assure you this, no one, even if it seems like it, ever gets away with anything. We always reap what we sow in life. I actually pity people who must stoop to this kind of behavior as they negotiate life, as I'm sure many of you do. May God bless each of you, and help you to move forward, however you choose to handle it.

1 year ago
Feb 22, 2013

I too have been contacted by the same "legal" unit, regarding the pursuit prosecution of the BelAir folks, suggesting they can get perhaps 70% of the money back. Sent me three documents, will call me back on Monday to discuss, no mention of need for funds, yet. As soon as they do, I will know it is yet another scam. When does it stop? Any word from your visit to the Mexican lawyer in Mazetlan?

1 year ago
Feb 22, 2013

bobk244 - it is sad to say, but our government now can turn to us and shovel on our face that we should have spent out money in our own country instead of traveling to Mexico... I don't see we will get any protection from our government. It is a pretty 'small' deal to go to that level. I may still visit Mexico because I love the country but will never get involved in any timeshare or similar scams. Well, I hope so... You fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice... shame on me... But in reality we started to visit Europe instead...

Last edit by hovhannesa on Feb 23, 2013 08:16 AM.

Avatar for hovhannesa hovhannesa

1 year ago
Feb 23, 2013

Think about what you post. To blame the whole country of Mexico because you made a mistake is so unfair. Thousands of Americans have retired in Mexico and millions visit every year, including myself and my wife, long time owners at Paradise Village in Nuevo Vallarta. Criminals operate in the U.S. also, for instance, Bernie Madoff and many like him with ponzi schemes. We love our vacations to Mexico and we go every year, from Mazatlan to Cozumel to Merida and points in between. We have never had a bad experience in our 20 years there. We feel safer in Puerto Vallarta at night than in Seattle where people are shot every week. We might take a cruise next year but we won't bad mouth the cruise industry because of a engine failure on one ship like what just happened. Things can and do go wrong in life. What shows your character is how you react to problems. Instead of telling people to avoid Mexico, how about just telling your story and warning people to be very careful about buying into a program. There are some very well run timeshare places in Mexiso. We are so very happy we bought in 15 years ago. Hal and Colleen in Seattle.

1 year ago
Feb 24, 2013

Hal & Colleen, You are very correct about Mexico. Don't paint the whole country with the same brush. I too was taken by Belaire/Hotel U, however, don't forget that Antonio Copola is an American not a Mexican. I also own 2,000,000 points at El CID Resort in Mazatlan. I have owned here for many years. I can honestly say that I'm very pleased with the program being provided by this resort. They have honored every part of my contract and have done so for many years. In addition I have driven all through Mexico from east to west coast as well as north to south. I find the people to be extremely friendly and exceptionally helpful. The press is what gives Mexico a bad name. I spend several months down here every winter and will continue to do so in the future. For those of you who bad mouth this country, well, you are missing out on a very enjoyable and friendly country.

Kevin

1 year ago
Feb 25, 2013

So you have had a good experience in your many trips to Mexico. Congratulations and you have been very fortunate. We live in Arizona where we have to deal with the immigration problems and drug trafficking as well as kidnappings. If the Mexican Government truly wanted to make changes it needs to start within it's own ranks. It's well known that there is corruption within the government and until they make changes there will always be drug lords, scam artists and criminals out to screw trusting vacationers. It's folks like you who give not so frequent travelers a sense of security when they should be far more cautious. It is a fact that US and Canadian travelers are targets for all sorts of crime including violent crimes.

While I agree that the general population consists of very good people, I blame the government for turning a blind eye to the corruption, scams and criminal actions that have been going on for years with no attempt to do what is right. Until I see some sort of Governmental action on the part of the Mexican Government to improve things in Mexico I will not, nor recommend to anyone, to spend one red cent in Mexico. The Mexican Government will do nothing till they feel the pinch in their wallets. When the legitimate Mexican business owners, who rely on the tourists and vacationers, stand up and start speaking out to their own leaders to do something will there be change. Till then I'll vacation in the States and keep my dollars at home and encourage others to do the same.

1 year ago
Feb 25, 2013

Hi my wife and I also purchased at Belaire Golf & Spa , I was also contacted by Juridico Providencia Fraud Investigation Unit of Mexico . I know that every time I contact the Belair Golf & Spa all I get is the same old runaround with a new twist . Now I am wondering about Juridico Providencia Fraud Investigation Unit ,or any class action Law Suite against the Belaire . Please contast with any info that might be helpfull . OneJayFlash@aol.com

1 year ago
Feb 25, 2013

page 23 of 42

«prev page   1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 42   next page»

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests

I Want To…

Attention Gmail Users

Google Phishing Scam »

Casting Call

Get free, professional photos of your next timeshare vacation!

Learn more »