Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

May 04, 2013

A lawyer named Michael Hightower has contacted my parents and told them he could now refund their money. He will pay for their flight down to Puerto Vallarta to sign the papers. Of course they'll have to pay for the flights themselves, but will be reimbursed, and they'll be put up in a hotel for three nights. I've convinced them to cancel their flights. It'll just be another attempt to get more money from them - with some up front fee that that is necessary for them to get the money transferred. How the hell do I get my parents to finally just accept that their money is gone, and forget about it?!

Bob E.
May 04, 2013

Michael Hightower has been involved in this scam since the beginning.Under no circumstances should anyone believe him.they are now trying to sell another location and are telling owners they will get a discount if they buy and sign off on the Belaire.the only recourse is the lawsuit and we don't know how that is going to turn out.

Richard K.
May 04, 2013

Michael Logan wants us to fly to Puerto Vallarta (all expenses paid). But not upfront.He said we have to be there in person to sign as it is a real estate transaction.We had been told by Alan Dale that then our monies for the buyback would be sent to our bank acct. Has anyone else had a similar offer and did you get your money back?

John J.
May 05, 2013

This is a scam.how many ways does it have to be explained on this website Alan Dane and michael Hightower have been involved from the onset of this fiasco.Noone has received their monies back.Alan Dale has been telling owners for 3 years or more that they are getting their money back and it never happens.i am surprised they are still involved.

Richard K.
May 06, 2013

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE FOLKS!!!! Do not send any money to these or any other scoundrels who contact you with promises of returning your investment. They are all crooks and scammers. I have been contacted by numerous people who say they can retrieve my money. They give a good presentation, they make you want to send that $1495, to get your money back. Forget about it!! You will never see any pay back from any of these crooks. They will play on your hopes and dreams to retrieve your retirement savings, and in the end they will only take more from you. They are professionals at stealing. It just makes me sick to think that any of you trusting people are believing what they promise you. I don't care who they say they are, or what records they have. And they seem to have them all. Don't believe them for one nano second. They are liars and cheats. I asked the last one who called (a women by the way) how they sleep at night, knowing how they have deceived and robbed so many seniors of their retirement. She just laughed and hung up. I received another call from the same ones the next day. They will not give up!! until we are all in the grave! Be strong, and do not listen to any of them. DO NOT SEND ANYONE ANY MONEY EVER!!! Consider the beautiful Belaire a complete loss. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE BE SMART!

Suzanne J.
May 06, 2013

I just started getting telephone calls from a company called Larken and Larken. Says they are Mexican Lawyers. Anybody heard of them??

Joan B.
May 06, 2013

What is the name of the other location?

Joan B.
May 06, 2013

Larken and Larken are also scammers; just another group competing to rip you off. Please don't waste your time talking with them. They're pros and they could very well talk you out of more of your money. Even if a Mexican court found anyone guilty of a crime there's no way you would get any money from them. The money is gone - you won't get a dime. Maybe they'll tell you you're first in line to recover your money by transfering shares over to a new place - maybe in Punta Mita? - You'll just need to send a bit more money of course, or you need to send money for administration or lawyer fees, or you have to fly down there to sign papers, or you'll be getting a voucher. These people are criminals who have kept your personal information, and see you as easy marks because they know that people who have paid a lot of money are so eager/desperate to get some money back that they want to believe anything. Especially seniors, who grew up in a different world, and find it hard to believe that people could really be so crass and evil. Life is ticking away - hope you'll go enjoy every moment you have left.

Bob E.

Last edited by bobe106 on May 08, 2013 01:40 PM

May 13, 2013

We have been receiving telephone calls from Larkin & Larkin Law Firm in Mexico City re: Belaire. We have not been in touch as of yet.

georgep209 wrote:
Has anyone been contacted by a law firm of Larkin & Larkin in Mexico City?

George H.
May 13, 2013

We have been contacted by Larken & Larken. They told us they can get all our money back. We'd have to send them a filing fee to the courts for $1800.00 - no way are we spending another dime. We are already out 30K - I was hoping that we may get money back but it does not seem that way.

Tanya R.
May 23, 2013

sorry to ask for contact information again but I was just contacted by two different comapnies Providencia Juridico ... and Mexican Federal Fraud Investigation Unit asking to join Class Action. I would appreciate if you could provide me with your contac information, the attorney you are currently working with. I agree I dont have anything to loose but hopefully something to recuperate. I would hate to miss the opportunity to join. Thanks

Olivia Z.
May 23, 2013

I sent the requested information and copies of the documents to Rodrigo to join the class auction and never heard from him. I don't believe any of them...

Hovhannes A.
Jun 07, 2013

How do I join the class action lawsuit? I was fraud end by the Belaire team in Puerto Vallarta, MX..

Kim E.
Jun 10, 2013

I don't believe there is any legit class action lawsuit. There is no feedback to the documents I sent. Seems they are collecting our information to hit us with other fraud. Now whoever is Rodrigo Cruz is has copies of our passports. Don't know how they will use it but you never know what else in their minds still. What a shame.

Hovhannes A.
Jun 10, 2013

TO: hovhannesa

Please send me your email and I'll follow it up for you.

Ramon C.
Jun 10, 2013

I did already and tried to contact you few times. You responded only until you got my email with our information.

Hovhannes A.
Jun 11, 2013

Did Mr Rodrigo Cruz Perez responded to you when you forwarded your information to him? He has an office in the Paradise Village Mall, Nuevo Vallarta.

Myself when we forwarded our documents to him, I specifically requested confirmation upon receipt and Rodrigo did confirm.

I am in complete agreement that whoever we are dealing with on this matter, we need to be more diligent ensuring ourselves not to fall into the same scam that those Belaire crooks lured us into.

From the latest message I received regarding the Class Action, apparently it has been filed to the court and accordingly, there is an issue that has to be resolved before the trial is carried out. Rodrigo is cautious about devolving more info than what is normal in the website at this point because of the sensitivity of the Class Action.

Ramon C.
Jun 11, 2013

Did not get confirmation even though I followed up few times. How can I trust someone who does not reply to emails after getting the information he was looking for? My email address is habrahamyan@hotmail.com if this will help besides disclosing another private information out there in public.

Hovhannes A.
Jun 11, 2013

FOR ALL OWNERS OF BELAIRE OR THE U RESORT. I WAS AN ORIGINAL MEMBER THAT SIGNED UP AS PART OF THE FIRST 30 MEMBERS I SUBMITTED MY PAPERS WITH RODRIGO 2 YEARS AGO WITH THAT DONE ALL OWNERS WILL BE A PART OF ANY SETTLEMENT WE MIGHT EVER GET. ONE OF OUR OTHER MEMBERS WENT TO A PRESENTATION AT THE SIGNATURE GROUP AND WAS SURPRISED TO FIND ANTONIO CAPPELA WAS THE FRONT MAN SO AS FAR AS I KNOW HE IS NOT DEAD YET.

Michael F.
Jun 12, 2013

You sent known criminals copies of your Passports? Are you out of your freekin minds. That was downright stupid.

Sue C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.