Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

Jun 12, 2013

I am now in the tread of the email chain. I will follow up.

Hovhannes A.
Jun 12, 2013

I got a phone call, claiming I was speaking to Michael Rodriguez, calling from Mexican Federal Bureau of investigations for time share fraud. He claimed to be calling from Mexico with a FL phone #. Sounds fishy to me. He got nasty when I questioned him! Don't give anyone info. Over the phone! Do your own research and call the resort.

Sean B.
Jun 13, 2013

suec283 wrote:
You sent known criminals copies of your Passports? Are you out of your freekin minds. That was downright stupid.

Q=suec 283 Don't say( down right stupid) when you don't know what is going on, are you a freekin idiot. Yes there are a group of us in the Class Action who trust our Lawyers and require passports for proof of identity. Check whats's going on before you open your big mouth.

Gerry B.
Jun 13, 2013

Copela is alive and kicking and has shut down the Hotel U operation except for his daughters spa and moved his scam to Punta de Mita at the Hotel Cinco. He is running a scam where he is selling availability to a unit he does not own. He is calling it Signature. Hotel Cinco has a 1-866 number if you want to call them but they claim not to know him. He has another clown with him named Michael Logan who is setting up the next victims for Copela. He will take you from the U or some other place and drive you up to Hotel Cinco to meet Copela, you might even get a room to stay in overnight if you buy again (generous of him!) Copela has no conscience nor does his aunt Marcella Bonnano who uses the name Amy now. She has been there from the beginning. What is sad is this thief continues to take advantage of elderly and vulnerable people who are investing their life savings with him. Copela is also sad he set the Belaire/U in his wife and kids names so they would take the fall if anything happened. He was living in the ICON condos in PV but not sure if he still does. He is probably best described as a egomaniac paranoid schizophrenic. We have had contact with a legit lawyer in PV and are considering other avenues which might just put him in his grave when the walls come crashing down around him and they will. Because of what we are involved in this matter we are not going to get involved in online discussions. They are aware of this site and we want it to be anonymous but rest assured there are people VERY close to to him who are bringing him down to save themselves. There is no honor among thieves!

Sucked I.

Last edited by suckedi on Aug 21, 2013 12:57 PM

Jul 25, 2013

If anyone can help with additional info on the hotel u. I have been contacted by the Mexican federal commission with regards to receiving a refund. They say I have been approved to receive all my money back if I sign documents and follow up with an $1800 filing fee. I would surely love to get my money back. They say the courts have approved and that is my next step. ANOTHER SCAM????

ramonc16 wrote:
TO: hovhannesa

Please send me your email and I'll follow it up for you.

Mike L.
Jul 25, 2013

NO NO NO!!! DO NOT GIVE ANY OF THEM MONEY!!! IT IS ANOTHER SCAM. KEEP YOUR MONEY. WHAT YOU HAVE LEFT ANYWAY!!!

Suzanne J.
Jul 25, 2013

Yes, this is their way of sucking more blood from you. They will tell you the money's being held by the court or someone else and to release it you must pay the taxes or whatever on it. Might as well be the Nigerian Fraud where they want you to get money out of the country for them. SCAM SCAM SCAM! Just so you know Antonio Copela and Michael Logan are still running the new scam in Hotel Cinco called Signature in Punta de Mita. The Hotel U is all but vacant of everything.

Sucked I.

Last edited by suckedi on Jul 25, 2013 12:35 PM

Jul 25, 2013

My money may be gone but at least I can put my head down on my pillow a d sleep with a good conscience

Mike L.
Jul 25, 2013

Sure email me at mikelindsay22@gmail.com

Mike L.
Jul 27, 2013

ramonc16 - sent my email address several times already. habrahamyan@hotmail.com

What is the status if anything happens?

mikel552 wrote:
If anyone can help with additional info on the hotel u. I have been contacted by the Mexican federal commission with regards to receiving a refund. They say I have been approved to receive all my money back if I sign documents and follow up with an $1800 filing fee. I would surely love to get my money back. They say the courts have approved and that is my next step. ANOTHER SCAM????

ramonc16 wrote:
TO: hovhannesa

Please send me your email and I'll follow it up for you.

Hovhannes A.
Jul 27, 2013

THIS IS REPEAT OF A PREVIOUS POSTING THIS WEEK! Yes, this is their way of sucking more blood from you. They will tell you the money's being held by the court or someone else and to release it you must pay the taxes or whatever on it. Might as well be the Nigerian Fraud where they want you to get money out of the country for them. SCAM SCAM SCAM! Just so you know Antonio Copela and Michael Logan are still running the new scam in Hotel Cinco called Signature in Punta de Mita. The Hotel U is all but vacant of everything.

Sucked I.
Jul 28, 2013

No one will ever see any money. The courts in Mexico are too corrupt.

George P.
Jul 30, 2013

Hey Georgep209, Even if you are correct in your assumption that we will not see any money and the courts are corrupt, they still need to rule. A decision in our favor can set future precedent, clarify possible tax implications and possibly lien assets. Better than riding off into the sunset.

Ken U.
Jul 30, 2013

I agree, but in a system that is so corrupt that allows these individuals to thrive doesn't give me much hope that the courts will do anything in our favor.

George P.
Jul 31, 2013

Most Mexican Resorts or Timeshares are so beautiful it is shame that the Mexican government is so corrupt. They are cutting off their own nose to spite their face. The word is getting out to not be involved. Latest timeshare call I received was to ask if I had gotten involved in purchasing and still owed money that they would help me get out of the purchase. For a fee upfront of course. When I ask where they got my name they avoid the question. someone sold it I am sure. Just received the latest newsletter. I can stay in the new resort the Signature for $125.00 per day per person. Bet there is an all inclusive fee. It was "written by Michael Logan". Here we go again.

Lois J.

Last edited by walacej on Aug 08, 2013 05:08 AM

Aug 20, 2013

I think you'll find that the BelAir group is legit. The previous owners of Playa delSol made out like bandits and are gone.

Luigi K.
Aug 20, 2013

Really luigik; the BelAir group is legit? If so, why aren't my parents (now just one parent left after so many years of their waiting for something) staying there every Winter? Why did they contact him for more $$? Why does it seem to be the elusive butterfly that no one can catch.

Legit; don't make me laugh.

Pam F.
Aug 20, 2013

Do not confuse Bel Aire Collection, with Belaire Golf Resort and Spa and U Golf Resort and Marina, luigik is talking about Bel Aire Collection, they used to be Playa del Sol, and at least, their resorts are built and operating, it is a different corporation and they have nothing to do with Copela/Cuda/Whatever his name is operation.

John A.
Aug 20, 2013

Johna1005, You are absolutely correct in what you have reported. The CUDA name is new to me but everything else is bang on. The only other thing is what I've said here before. They have moved the operation to Hotel Cinco in Punta Mita and stinging old clients still by making false promises. Copela/Cuda is working with a Michael Logan (?) as his set up man. He still has the old lady, Marcella Bonnano, who is using the name Amy working the phones for him. She was living in the Bayview Grand condos near the Hotel U.

Sucked I.
Aug 21, 2013

Johna, Why the deletion of your previous message?

johna1005 wrote:
Do not confuse Bel Aire Collection, with Belaire Golf Resort and Spa and U Golf Resort and Marina, luigik is talking about Bel Aire Collection, they used to be Playa del Sol, and at least, their resorts are built and operating, it is a different corporation and they have nothing to do with Copela/Cuda/Whatever his name is operation.

Sucked I.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.