Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

Aug 23, 2013

I did not delete the message, I don't know why it was deleted...?

John A.
Aug 23, 2013

Strange? Maybe liability issues even if it is true. OK Thx.

johna1005 wrote:
I did not delete the message, I don't know why it was deleted...?

Sucked I.
Aug 23, 2013

As stated in a previous message, Playa Del Sol in Nuevo Vallarta changed their name to Belair years after the trouble started with the belaire in the marina area. The Nuevo Vallarta Belair is legit. I have stayed there three times in the last 6 years, every other year. The marina Belaire is a complete rip off, will never be completed, the attempts to get more money from "owners" goes on and on. I have been following this for years now since a good friend paid $25000 for a membership in the marina Belaire. Big mistake. He has written it off and does not want to even try to get any money back thru the ongoing attempts to do some sort of class action suit. I agree with his decision. Although many owners still hope for some kind of settlement and money back, only time will tell.

Hal H.
Aug 24, 2013

We've lost CONSIDERABLY more and its not about getting money back, which may never happen, but it's about having the people responsible being held accountable for their actions either in Mexico or in the US. As long as people continue to simply write off their losses, this type of activity will continue. For us, its more a moral issue to do something rather than nothing. That's what they are counting on - people doing nothing so they can continue doing something.

Sucked I.
Aug 30, 2013

Class Action Served.

On August 28, the Class Action or Acción Colectiva, as it is known in spanish was served to the two defendants "World Resort Marketing Enterprises" and "Resort International Foundation", at Albatros 420, in Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

Best regards, Rodrigo Cruz Just received this today from Rodrigo 8/30/2013

Henry P.
Aug 31, 2013

Please check the last message of the forum from Mr. Cruz. It may make you feel better!

Henry P.
Sep 01, 2013

Well, if you bought an existing business location but had a different business model wouldn't you want to be able to sell YOUR product from the location? BelAir bought the property NOT the problems created by Playa del Sol ,so for those who want to continue using the property owned by BelAir they need to become BelAir owners. Naturally BelAir will use the member list from Playa del Sol to solicit potential members for their program and unhappy Play del Sol owners need to go after the people who caused them problems, NOT the new owner of the property. that's how I see it . . . .

Luigi K.
Sep 02, 2013

Luigik...your post is incorrect. My wife and I bought at Playa Del Sol about 7 years ago. The change to the name Belair happened and there was no effect on our membership. No request for money, no change in our original contract...everything happened with no problems and then the new owners started upgrading the place. I believe you have the Belair Nuevo Vallarta confused with the Belaire marina. During the one week stay this year, I did not encounter any "unhappy Playa Del Sol owners". We are happy with our membership and will use it again next year.

Hal H.
Sep 02, 2013

Just wait and see. It's only logical that some time in the near future staying at the "old" playa del sol all owners will be invited to a presentation and informed that the continued use for playa del sol members will conclude briefly but you may switch and become a BelAir member. After all , what business would carry the obligations of a previous failed developer other than to use the registry of members for their own sales presentation?

Luigi K.
Sep 02, 2013

The Bel-Air group that was formly Playa de Sol, is not the same resort, I do own at both.

Linda M.
Sep 03, 2013

Before posting about the Bel-Air and Playa del Sol, Nuevo Vallarta please realize this is not the same as the Belaire/Hotel U located in the PV Marina and it only adds to the confusion and misinformation. They are separate issues. The info posted here is regarding the Belaire/Hotel U. Thanks.

Sucked I.
Sep 03, 2013

Luigik...as you say, we will "wait and see" but we are not worried. After all, what could we do anyhow? And for your information, there is always an attempt to get owners to attend a membership review/presentation which is just an attempt to get a owner to invest more money. Common practice. We usually attend one to get the reduced price for activities, and then decline. My advice....enjoy today and don't worry too much about tomorrow.

Hal H.
Sep 08, 2013

Johna1005, Would like to contact you - we need to talk, but privately. Not sure how to do this without disclosing ourselves. Suggestions?

Sucked I.
Oct 08, 2013

Has there been any follow-up to this action? I know I shouldn't hope, but it would be nice to see something come of this. Thanks!

henryp45 wrote:
Class Action Served.

On August 28, the Class Action or Acción Colectiva, as it is known in spanish was served to the two defendants "World Resort Marketing Enterprises" and "Resort International Foundation", at Albatros 420, in Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

Best regards, Rodrigo Cruz Just received this today from Rodrigo 8/30/2013

S F.
Oct 18, 2013

Hey Folks, I just got news that they finally caught Antonio Copela and Jonathan J. Tomasello, http://miradainformativa.com/2013/10...esunto-fraude/, there is a lot of people that got wrapped up in there scam, sadly just like I did, A bunch of people and such as myself are organizing to take a collective action against them, we´re going to a law firm in Puerto Vallarta, called Connell & Associates http://www.mexicolaw.com.mx/es, they are all English spoken so there´s no problem in not knowing Spanish. So the more people we have the better, if you want to join get in contact with them and they’ll put you in the group. We are finally going to get justice done.

Daniela C.
Oct 18, 2013

We already joined a class action with rodrigo. How is this different.

Doug H.
Oct 18, 2013

danielac18 wrote:
Hey Folks, I just got news that they finally caught Antonio Copela and Jonathan J. Tomasello, http://miradainformativa.com/2013/10...esunto-fraude/, there is a lot of people that got wrapped up in there scam, sadly just like I did, A bunch of people and such as myself are organizing to take a collective action against them, we´re going to a law firm in Puerto Vallarta, called Connell & Associates http://www.mexicolaw.com.mx/es, they are all English spoken so there´s no problem in not knowing Spanish. So the more people we have the better, if you want to join get in contact with them and they’ll put you in the group. We are finally going to get justice done.

I wouldn't count on that too much if I were you.

ben smith
Oct 18, 2013

Who caught them? Where are they now? How did you get "the news"? Who is this "new group"?

Hal H.
Oct 22, 2013

bens89 I wouldn't count on that too much if I were you.

why not?

Daniela C.

Last edited by danielac18 on Oct 22, 2013 09:47 AM

Oct 22, 2013

halh17

Who caught them? Where are they now? How did you get "the news"? Who is this "new group"?

I already spoke to them and they seem to be very well aware of this situacion, I Love Puerto Vallarta and travel there a lot so I like to be aware of what´s going on, I read the Puerto Vallarta newspaper on my phone every day and I came up with this great news.

Daniela C.

Last edited by danielac18 on Oct 22, 2013 09:59 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.