Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

Jul 30, 2014

Could someone forward me the newsletter from last month? I quit getting them in Jan. 2014. I just assumed since there was arrest the newsletter wasn't being sent...HA! The arrogance will never cease to amaze me! Thanks for the post.

carolynt40 wrote:
Yes got another Newsletter last week- dated June 13, 2014 same old thing- Punta Mita- property etc. Did mention that "a recovery process of the "Original owners" was put forth" - " new leaf turning" etc blah blah

todds350 wrote:
Did anyone else get a newletter about a property in Punta Mita that mentions the Bellair and Uhotel in it?

Paulette B.
Jul 30, 2014

Could you check to see if I am on the list yet? I keep sending the information as directed but am not getting any responses. Thank you. My direct email is: pbradshaw55@live.com

rodrigoc5 wrote:
The firm rinconabogados.com is one of the best firms in Mexico, and plaintiffs in this case are very lucky to have their litigation team (including Mr. Cesar Rincon) behind them. Not to mention the fact that they have not charged a penny to do so.

I don't work directly with the firm anymore because I am in Puerto Vallarta and I have started my own independent practice; however, I will see this case to its conclusion and vouch 100% for the firm's participation in this class action.

I put together the core group of plaintiffs for the Class Action, and personally met with most of them and compiled their file. You can ask anybody for their impression of me. I have never "jumped ships" as someone has written, and I have worked on this case since 2011. There has only been one legitimate class action and that is ours. I have never worked for any other firm or organization or person for this case regardless of any unfounded allegations.

Having compiled the core case with a sufficient number of plaintiffs, I passed it on to the litigation team in Guadalajara where the federal courts are, and I continue to provide support in Puerto Vallarta by meeting with new plaintiffs and compiling documents to include in the Class Action, and writing about the advances in a publicly available blog in english:

http://belairepvclassaction.blogspot.mx/

Whether or not anybody believes it, the Class Action is ongoing, and I would even venture as far as saying that we will win this case for those plaintiffs that are already on the list and any others who adhere to this effort.

As far as the expectation of recovering the money, It's hard to tell how it will play out in the end in regards to the number of plaintiffs that actually join and substantiate their claims, the amounts awarded and the actual assets that are available for remedy.

Since the beginning this has been what I have told anybody who inquired to join, and I stand by anything I have said or promised in regards to this Class Action.

Best regards, Rodrigo Cruz Perez

Paulette B.
Jul 30, 2014

If you have the June 2014 newsletter, please forward to my email address: pbradshaw55@live.com. I haven't received anything since December 2013, but it was Signature Properties at that time, sent by Michael Logan. Thank you!

Paulette B.
Jul 31, 2014

I would like to join the Class Action. How do I join?

Terence W.
Sep 05, 2014

http://belairepvclassaction.blogspot.mx/2014/09/preliminary-conciliation-hearing-to-be.html

Preliminary Conciliation Hearing to be Held on September 26, 2014

On August 25, 2014, the Federal Judge ordered the issuance of several notices to be given in regards to this class action. Among these, it was authorized that one would be addressed to the General Consul of the United States of America in Guadalajara, Jalisco, and its consular agency with residence in Bahia de Banderas, Nayarit, and also the Canadian similar; for the purpose that such states may be able to inform their citizens of the existence of this collective procedure, so that more members of the affected class may be integrated in the class action. Previously it had been requested that a sign was put up in the font of the property stating that there was a class action going on in regards to that development, however, the judge turned down that request because of the adverse effects it may have on the defendant, and because of the fact that the matter is yet to be resolved definitively by the court.

In regards to the procedural stage that this class action is in; the date for the preliminary conciliation hearing pursuant article 595 of the Federal Code of Civil Procedures was set for 10:00 TEN HOURS TWENTY MINUTES on SEPTEMBER 26 TWENTY SIXTH 2014.

It is also made known to the parties that Federal Judiciary Council ordered the change of Judge Mario Oscar Lugo Ramirez as principal of the First District Court in Civil Matters in the State of Jalisco, effective August 21 of this year, in conformity with what is established in articles 1132 and 1133 of the Commerce Code.

Rodrigo C.
Sep 05, 2014

how do I join the class action suit?

Mel H.
Sep 07, 2014

Mr. Ceasar Rincon, I am a little disturbed when you say that you do not see my name in the class action..... PLEASE have my name adhered to this case asap and let me know again, what I need to be providing to you or any other attorney / entity involved. I purchased in 2009 for 36,000 US and have been following this website for 2 years. I no longer get any of Hotel U Newsletters, so, they must have scratched my name off the "list" as well. Please respond so that I know immediately what you need to include my name in this suit. Thank you. Paulette B. pbradshaw55@live.com

Paulette B.
Sep 07, 2014

I understand that at 10:20 on 9-26-14 there is a hearing at the courthouse, but, specifically, What does this mean, and how does it affect the case and the owners/members of the class action?

rodrigoc5 wrote:
http://belairepvclassaction.blogspot.mx/2014/09/preliminary-conciliation-hearing-to-be.html

Preliminary Conciliation Hearing to be Held on September 26, 2014

On August 25, 2014, the Federal Judge ordered the issuance of several notices to be given in regards to this class action. Among these, it was authorized that one would be addressed to the General Consul of the United States of America in Guadalajara, Jalisco, and its consular agency with residence in Bahia de Banderas, Nayarit, and also the Canadian similar; for the purpose that such states may be able to inform their citizens of the existence of this collective procedure, so that more members of the affected class may be integrated in the class action. Previously it had been requested that a sign was put up in the font of the property stating that there was a class action going on in regards to that development, however, the judge turned down that request because of the adverse effects it may have on the defendant, and because of the fact that the matter is yet to be resolved definitively by the court.

In regards to the procedural stage that this class action is in; the date for the preliminary conciliation hearing pursuant article 595 of the Federal Code of Civil Procedures was set for 10:00 TEN HOURS TWENTY MINUTES on SEPTEMBER 26 TWENTY SIXTH 2014.

It is also made known to the parties that Federal Judiciary Council ordered the change of Judge Mario Oscar Lugo Ramirez as principal of the First District Court in Civil Matters in the State of Jalisco, effective August 21 of this year, in conformity with what is established in articles 1132 and 1133 of the Commerce Code.

Paulette B.
Sep 07, 2014

If you did receive a newsletter, please forward the link or email address to pbradshae55@live.com as I have not received anything since 1-1-14. I would be interested in what news the author is finding as "newsworthy" regarding selling time in the yet to-be-developed HOTEL U!!

carolynt40 wrote:
Yes got another Newsletter last week- dated June 13, 2014 same old thing- Punta Mita- property etc. Did mention that "a recovery process of the "Original owners" was put forth" - " new leaf turning" etc blah blah

todds350 wrote:
Did anyone else get a newletter about a property in Punta Mita that mentions the Bellair and Uhotel in it?

Paulette B.
Sep 08, 2014

Hola Rodrigo - are we on your list...Rudy and Mara Rice? We do want to be!

Mara R.
Sep 08, 2014

I just found a Newsletter that is dated August/September 2013 and YES, it is interesting. It states the Owner had a heart attack and then a stroke in 2010. It does mention a new property that the owners had been working for since 2010 named "PVSR" Punta Vista Signature Residence" in Punta Mita. And 'a new leaf turning..so all your worries can be finally over...golden opportunity....' blah, blah. Do you believe these guys. MichaelLogan wrote this newsletter to "valued member". I can try to upload it or email to anyone direct. Let me know @ pbradshaw55@live.com

carolynt40 wrote:

todds350 wrote:

Paulette B.
Sep 08, 2014

See my message way down this share we have going. I do have a newsletter dated Aug/Sept 2013 that meets the criteria you mentioned in your post. email me at pbradshaw55@live.com and I will upload to your e-address.

todds350 wrote:

Paulette B.
Sep 08, 2014

I should be in this class action lawsuit. Belaire got all my retirement savings. I feel so stupid. Everyone who has called to help wants money. I don't trust anyone asking for money. Please add me to this class action. Kimberly A Erickson

rodrigoc5 wrote:
The firm rinconabogados.com is one of the best firms in Mexico, and plaintiffs in this case are very lucky to have their litigation team (including Mr. Cesar Rincon) behind them. Not to mention the fact that they have not charged a penny to do so.

I don't work directly with the firm anymore because I am in Puerto Vallarta and I have started my own independent practice; however, I will see this case to its conclusion and vouch 100% for the firm's participation in this class action.

I put together the core group of plaintiffs for the Class Action, and personally met with most of them and compiled their file. You can ask anybody for their impression of me. I have never "jumped ships" as someone has written, and I have worked on this case since 2011. There has only been one legitimate class action and that is ours. I have never worked for any other firm or organization or person for this case regardless of any unfounded allegations.

Having compiled the core case with a sufficient number of plaintiffs, I passed it on to the litigation team in Guadalajara where the federal courts are, and I continue to provide support in Puerto Vallarta by meeting with new plaintiffs and compiling documents to include in the Class Action, and writing about the advances in a publicly available blog in english:

http://belairepvclassaction.blogspot.mx/

Whether or not anybody believes it, the Class Action is ongoing, and I would even venture as far as saying that we will win this case for those plaintiffs that are already on the list and any others who adhere to this effort.

As far as the expectation of recovering the money, It's hard to tell how it will play out in the end in regards to the number of plaintiffs that actually join and substantiate their claims, the amounts awarded and the actual assets that are available for remedy.

Since the beginning this has been what I have told anybody who inquired to join, and I stand by anything I have said or promised in regards to this Class Action.

Best regards, Rodrigo Cruz Perez

Kim E.
Sep 09, 2014

Hello....someone...I do hope that our names are on your list for this. Will someone please resp9nd and let us know asap. Rudy and Mara Rice

cesarr20 wrote:
That's right, I'm not the legal representative of the firm but I am a member of it. Yes, our suit is advancing properly, the defendants already "answered" and they basically confessed to everything.

anthonya93 wrote:
Well said, Rodrigo and Cesar! You explanation is much appreciated. I, for one, have never lost faith in our suit. Our Professional Services Agreement is with the firm ABOGADOS ASOCIADOS PROFESIONALES DEL DERECHO, S.C., HEREIN REPRESENTED BY VIRGILIO RINCÓN SALAS, IN HIS CHARACTER OF GENERAL ATTORNEY, WHO SHALL BE HEREIN KNOWN AS THE REPRESENTATIVE. I presume that Cesar Rincon is a member of this firm, although he is not Virgilio Rincon Salas...

Mara R.
Sep 10, 2014

Rodrigo, I have emailed my information including passport scanned copies as was asked more than a year ago, however never got any confirmation that my info has been received. We had conversations before my info was send, nothing after. How this can be explained? I am a bit tired of this nonsense.

Hovhannes A.
Sep 11, 2014

Rodrigo,

Thanks for the update and the reaffirmation of the legal group. I will mention as I did several years ago, a positive outcome ,of the legal action, for those of us living in the states has a very positive tax advantage.

ken

Ken U.
Sep 11, 2014

Why would you send your passport information to someone over the internet!?

Haven't you all had enough $$ stolen from BelAire! I know that my parents had their dreams taken away by these crooks and a lot of their money. My father has since died and never got back anything from these crooks. My mother still cries about it. They lost (they also traded in their other time share for this one!) all they had in Puerto Vallarta.

Pam F.
Sep 12, 2014

I hear you and I am so sorry about your parents. We are younger and are able to recover and we only purchased 'a trial' for a minimal amount. The password info I gave them is my old expired password which we had ontime of falling to this scam. No one now is trusted. I don't blame them, I blame myself being naive enough to fall into this scam. And again, I have no confirmation that they have my information on this lawsiut if there is one.

Hovhannes A.
Sep 12, 2014

There is no cost to join the class action, however, in order to present the documents in court, all Belaire/Hotel U Contracts, and Bank Statements have to be sent in either in originals, or copies certified by a notary public.

They also have to be translated by a translator that is certified in Mexico.

Notaries and translators will charge fees for the work done.

Being a certified translator myself, I can translate the documents, however we cannot work with scanned copies, because the Notary Certification and Translation are required.

Also, if the copies are certified by a Notary outside of Mexico (USA or Canada), these have to go through an additional process of being apostilled, or legalized.

Frankly, very few people have been able to fulfill these requirements from abroad, and the majority of the Plaintiffs that have successfully substantiated their claim, have come to Puerto Vallarta, or elsewhere in Mexico to have their documents notarized and translated.

Rodrigo C.
Sep 13, 2014

So what exactly are you saying??? Are you now telling me that after all this crap (yes, I am very angry) we have been through, after everything we have lost (including my self-respect) that I cannot participate in the class action suit unless I come to Mexico to have my documents CERTIFIED? Tell me this is not what you are saying. I have lost everything since losing my job in 2009 (home, auto, Retirement,$32,000 on this stupid purchase, marriage, filed BK EVERYTHING!!) I lost the job only 7 weeks AFTER I came home from 2 weeks in PV. I am disabled sir and have no money between Social Security checks. How am I supposed to get to Mexico I am so disappointed in your whole "we are just here to help....no money upfront" Please explain so I can apologize for misunderstanding or send me an airline ticket, please.

rodrigoc5 wrote:
There is no cost to join the class action, however, in order to present the documents in court, all Belaire/Hotel U Contracts, and Bank Statements have to be sent in either in originals, or copies certified by a notary public.

They also have to be translated by a translator that is certified in Mexico.

Notaries and translators will charge fees for the work done.

Being a certified translator myself, I can translate the documents, however we cannot work with scanned copies, because the Notary Certification and Translation are required.

Also, if the copies are certified by a Notary outside of Mexico (USA or Canada), these have to go through an additional process of being apostilled, or legalized.

Frankly, very few people have been able to fulfill these requirements from abroad, and the majority of the Plaintiffs that have successfully substantiated their claim, have come to Puerto Vallarta, or elsewhere in Mexico to have their documents notarized and translated.

Paulette B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.