Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

Dec 14, 2015

bens89 wrote:
Does anyone know how this loss can be shown at tax time on a 1040? Maybe at least we could get some relief that way. Is there a legal way to show the loss?

Hi, First of all there is. I will have more information when the tax form is completed. Two comments: I posted several years ago that my neighbor was in management at the IRS - just retired and his comment at the time for us to claim a loss was to win the court case. That completed, I met with my CPA last week on a preliminary 2015 tax meeting. The Red Week postings of the lawyers statements of winning, the non appeal and the comments of other class action individuals of what is happening with the Belaire property was enough to start the deduction process on the actual cost basis of the property. Personally, I felt for awhile this was the best we could do. Good Luck !

ken

Ken U.
Dec 14, 2015

Talk to a tax professional. Do not depend on suggestions from friends, relatives or replies to this posting.

bens89 wrote:
Does anyone know how this loss can be shown at tax time on a 1040? Maybe at least we could get some relief that way. Is there a legal way to show the loss?

Hal H.
Dec 14, 2015

Anything more regarding the Bank of America credit card and a possible refund based on the fraud charges?

Claude S.
Dec 14, 2015

My question is this? Does the USA have anything in place to investigate and charge American citizens for criminal acts committed outside the US, specifically, in matters like this?

Gw P.
Dec 14, 2015

Thanks... sad way to live for them. At least we tried. MERRY CHRISTMAS to all ...except those con artists :-)

craigj86 wrote:
Responding to marar6's question about the Subprocuraduria de Servicios de Verificación, this has been a very successful refund/recovery scam. It's another total lie, the documents they send are forged, the email addresses they use (which they keep changing) do NOT go to an actual Mexican agency, and so forth.

No Mexican government agency exists to help individuals who have been scammed in timeshare fraud. There is no fund. Basically, if the word SUBPROCURADURIA is used in any timeshare related communication to you, you can be certain it's a scam. This has been heavily reported online. Do a search for that one word and you'll find a lot of information.

They cite themselves as working with or on behalf of several government agencies, most frequently CONDUSEF and P.G.R., but those claims are bogus and, again, the documents they proffer are forgeries. The email and website suffix for all Mexican government agencies ends like this: .gob.mx (dot gob dot mx) If it doesn't look like that, it is not an official Mexican government entity. End of story.

Mara R.
Feb 03, 2016

Any news on the time line for the settlement of the class action suit.? Is the land up for sale yet?

Phyllis G.
Feb 03, 2016

When I was there last year "someone else said, the someone I had never seen before, that his father had bought the property on a foreclosure". I will be in PV in a week and will let everyone know what is going on there now.

Lois J.

Last edited by walacej on Feb 03, 2016 01:14 PM

Feb 04, 2016

Is it just me or are there others who smell a rat in this effort to be vindicated? The law firms rep just mentioned several other entities that have come out of the woodwork trying to lay hold of some of the proceeds. I don't want to be pessimistic without cause, but it looks to me like what is developing is going to end up inflicting pain that will be even more severe then what we felt the 1st time, when we realized we had been screwed. Honestly folks, the chances of any of us seeing a dime out of this are a million to one. There are far too many unscrupulous people in the world, and many of them reside south of our border. I'm really sorry about all of this, especially those of you who lost perhaps much more then we did. Oh how I wish we would have declined that invitation back in '07 to ever visit that place. Damn the luck!!!

ben smith
Feb 04, 2016

Went past the place today and nothing going on. Steel front doors locked and security booth abandoned. Signs posted saying "Private Residences of Mexico" on pillar and security booth went up in 2015. As noted previously, someone was doing sales there last year. Possibly the other bloodsucker, Jonothan? Apple hasn't fallen far from the tree. Looks like structure is deteriorating on property.

Gw P.

Last edited by gwp2 on Feb 04, 2016 08:40 PM

Feb 05, 2016

I never expected any money all along.i just want to be able to deduct my loses from my taxes. When they eventually tell us there is nothing left to distribute we can do that.

Richard K.
Feb 12, 2016

Whats the news on the site? Any For Sale signs up yet?

Phyllis G.
Jul 23, 2016

The property is still basically the same however they cleaned out the offices in April and "sold" most if not all the glass panels. Just sitting there rotting. Sad!

Gw P.
Jul 23, 2016

So I wonder where the class action law suit that took place did any good for the people that have been scammed? Is there still a possibility of having any funds retrieved?

Phyllis G.
Aug 13, 2016

We just now received an email asking us to pay to have translated a document for use in the class action lawsuit by Rodrigo Cruz. Did anyone else receive such a message? Is there still action on this Belaire matter?

Gloria S.
Aug 13, 2016

Who is Rodrico Cruz? Does he have anything to do with the lawyers involved in the class action lawsuit?

Phyllis G.
Aug 13, 2016

rodrigo Cruz was the first attorney working on the class action lawsuit.

Gloria S.
Aug 14, 2016

That sounds encouraging,

Phyllis G.
Aug 15, 2016

We've given up on him due to lack of response. Hope it works out for some of you. We're planning a trip there for a few days in February...just to relax and see whales. Mara Rice

Mara R.
Aug 15, 2016

I was in PV for a week recently and didn't even bother myself to visit the building. It is already enough how much they hurt us and now I didn't want to spend a minute from my vacation wasting my time. They left no hope but a big lesson. I hope they will rot in jail and burn in hell.

Hovhannes A.
Sep 15, 2016

My mother just received an email from Alberto Garcia wanting her to sign a non-disclosure agreement with him. Have no idea what that is and I do not want her to sign. Anyone else receive something like this????

Pam F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.