Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

Oct 19, 2009

We all should contact every credit card company we know and let them know that if someone tries to use a credit card for BelAire to red flag it and not allow it to go through. That would keep others from getting hurt if it would work, I for one will contact mine and tell them what happened.

Janet C.
Oct 19, 2009

That is a good point. It will certainly help others not to fall into the trap.

On the meantime, we, must act now. Let us not lose our hope of retrieving our investments. Below is an excerpt from a previous issue of PVMirror,com during the ground breaking ceremony of Belaire attended by then the Mayor of Puerto Vallarta. (Anyone can google this news clip)

Belaire Golf Resort and Spa Ground Breaking Ceremony Provided By Ambito

The mayor emphasized the level of confidence Puerto Vallarta has reached among investors during his term, which reflects as a flow of new investments into the local economy

Last Monday, December 11, a ground breaking ceremony took place at the site of the future Belaire Golf Resort and Spa. Mayor Gustavo Gonzalez Villaseñor and his wife, Gloria Córdova de Gonzalez attended the ceremony and reception as special guests to Jonathan Tomasselo, president of the Group Belaire Golf Resort and Spa.

Upon addressing the audience, Puerto Vallarta’s first councilor expressed his satisfaction to see this new project set in motion, which will bring about an important tourist impulse to the tourist activity, from which the different niches of the market can benefit.

He also emphasized the image and presence of Puerto Vallarta in the international markets as one of the main beach destinations in the world, and said that besides the safety and the grandiose natural scenery, “Puerto Vallarta enjoys an additional element, the confidence of people to come here to invest in new projects”. Such confidence reflects at the end of my term as mayor as 700 million dollars worth of private investments, and the creation of 12,000 new job positions.

In turn, Jonathan Tomasselo said that this new consortium is being developed under the new concept of fractional ownership that incorporates real estate innovation and excellence of residential services. The initial investment is about 14 million dollars and it will create five hundred new jobs, and a similar number of indirect jobs.

Source: Ambito Puerto Vallarta Weekly Newspaper

As I have acknowledged earlier, aside from acting on a Class Action, we should also get the Media into this issue and bring those government officials, politicians and, of course, those Belaire people into spotlight!

I am positively certain that the Local Politicians as well as the State and Federal Government Officials of Mexico in general, are doing their best to create and maintain a good image on their Tourism Industry. A speed bump of this Belaire nature similar to the Drugs and Swine Flu problems would definitely make a good dent against their industry.

Ramon Caluttung Edmonton,AB Canada

Ramon C.
Oct 27, 2009

Any action lately from anyone! I was in the impression and with the strong hope that after all the posted messages I have read that action toward this issue would now be initiated

On the meantime, I am pleased to share that I have been in contact with Sylvia and Karla Ibarra Torress about the situation of Belaire. After my email, I talked to Sylvia and Karla Today about my accommodation request for Dec. As well, I also inquired the situation of Belarie.

Furthermore, I received this morning the November-December 2009 Belaire Newsletter showing the progress of Belaire. Does everyone received the same?

For all that does not Karla, below is her address:

Karla M. Ibarra Torres Customer Service Direct Number 011 52 322 209 10 90 Ext 2201 oll Free 1 (866) 438 1448 www.belairevacationclub.com www.theluxuryexperienceprc.com

The CEO of Belaire is Jonathan Tomasello

Since I signed into this RedWeek.com and start sharing concerns and information about Belaire, I was very confident that I am in a company of individuals who would seriously follow up on this issue. And, I still believe I am but lately, I have not heard any action, comment, information sharing or news from anyone. I am beginning to wonder!

Ramon C.
Oct 27, 2009

Please check the recent messages.

Ramon C.
Oct 27, 2009

HI Mike,

I have posted messages both with questions marks and with hope. Like you my wife and I put our trust on this developers and took the risk.

I have been in contact with Belaire customer service on continuing basis and though, I began to have some doubt I am still optimistic about the development.

Today, I received the November-December Newletter of Belaire showing the little progress that the development. Then I called their Customer Service to check how thngs are going.

My big concerns is, the many negative rumors going on inside and outside Puerto Vallarta. But again, like you, I look forward to seeing the completion of Belaire.

Ramon C.
Oct 30, 2009

Must be nice to be a believer but your loss is Belaire's gain. Get wise.....

Sally S.
Nov 21, 2009

Hi, We just returned from Puerto Vallarta on Nov. 21,2009. While we were there we were persuaded to visit the Belaire with the usual bribe of money-in our case 4700 pesos. We did go to the presentation -and the others are SO right- run from these people-we were subjected to 3 hours of intense pressure and in the end-were kicked out with sarcastic and threatening words!! I sat down in the lobby and said I was not leaving until we received our "gift" and they called security and eventually the police-needless to say my husband and I did leave before the police arrived. I went straight to the tourist bureau with a copy of our "invitation" and complaint-they faxed the info to the local Profeco office(there is now a local office). We were to go to this office the next morning-which we did and they called the Belaire about the situation. The Rep from Belaire then called me at this Profeco office and offered spa services instead of the 4700 pesos-and wanted us to return to Belaire to talk to them-of course we refused to return to their resort- and eventually we settled on 2500 pesos cash and a 2000peso credit at a so-called ladies store at the Marina. This was delivered to us at the Profeco office. Personally-due to no action of work at the site-I think they are either bankrupt or in financial trouble. Still only the skeleton of the building is up and no workers or equiptment were on site. From what we were told and also another couple we talked to-completely different deals were offered. I guess I maybe should not have told them that I have learned that if "something sounds too good to be true-it isn't" Oh well-at least we did not buy! Sorry to be the bearer of maybe bad news. Cathy S

Cathy S.
Dec 02, 2009

I just notice that they have put a sign up saying first tower is sold out. It will be interesting to see if that start offering packages for 2nd tower, just to get more money. I too, bought in 2007. and have, I'm sure lost our money.

Terence W.
Dec 03, 2009

I wonder how many times the first tower has been sold out. The buy back program is a joke. We will be there in March, nearby, and will stop in if they are still in business. This is a sorry situation, for sure.

Lois J.
Dec 05, 2009

My husband and I went to PV this past November 2009 and attended a presentation at Belaire Resorts. We were fooled into buying and paid $20,000. Our salesman was "Eddie." Within the 5 business days to cancel, we learned from various citizens of PV that Belaire was a huge scam. We went to Profeco and they helped us with cancellation of our contract. As instructed we went back to Belaire to hand deliver our cancellation. Antonio, the owner, came out in his fancy suit and sun glasses and immediately threatened us with arrest if we did not leave his property. He used exteme profanity and was extremely intimidating. We were with friends that also foolishly purchased this scam property and together we left the premises. On our way out, one of the employees grabbed my friend's camera. In her efforts to get it back she suffered bruising and tore the shirt of the employee. Belaire called the police. We spoke no Spanish and the police spoke no English. We were at the mercy of everyone. We were intimdated into signing new contracts and voiding our cancellation from Profeco- they had our husband's do this on a yellow writting pad. They did not allow my girlfriend or I to go with our husband's back into the building when this was done. We waited out in the hot sun for what seemed like hours. Eventually we were able to leave the premises. The very next morning we went to the American Consulate and were provided with excellent service. We cancelled out contracts and filed a complaint. The cancellation was faxed to Profeco and to the American and Mexican Embassy's. It was a very horrible experience, one we shall never forget. When we got home, we were called by a collection company by the name of "Vonage Holdings" threatening us that they were going to put a lien on our house if we did not pay the balance on our contract with Belaire. I did not bother to have any converstation with this scam collection company. Do not go to a presentation with Belaire, and if for any reason you do, and you buy, cancel immediately, you will never get anything from this company and they will get all your money.

Brian F.
Jan 14, 2010

Well, I thought I would share with you all about what is happening at Bel-Aire. Yes, they have had many problems. Many of you feel ripped-off. Class action suits!....I bought there 1 1/2 years ago. I'm constantly on their web site looking at the progress via web-cam...live. So here is an update. The first tower is sold out. In May of this year, they will be moving the presentation, the spas, the restaurant all to the new tower. The glass is being installed on the 2nd and 3rd floors. 3 floors are up. As of today, Jan 14- 2010, the crane is in and 10 beams are already installed for the next 3 floors. That will take it to 6 stories. Scaffolding is up for the stucco work being done on the first few floors. When they move over to the new tower in May, they will take down the existing presentation centre, and begin work on tower 2. Yes, they are behind schedule. But work is progressing. If it were all a scam, why are they still building???? Why is there building materials arriving all the time??? Don't listen to all the negativity. Be glad that you bought. This all steel building is a new design, one of only 3 in Mexico. It's state of the art. Look at it, it's not concrete and rebar. These are steel beams. The entire building is all steel beams. Wait for a big hurricane. You'll see this building still standing while some others won't be. They had to go down 60' before they hit bedrock. What kind of footings are those other towers sitting on?...Think about it. These footings are 7 stories down, in the ground. That's great anchoring. I know I'm going to feel pretty safe. I'm not connected in any way, shape or form to Bel-Aire. I'm just a Canadian tourist who bought into it. Yes, I was very concerned when I read all these postings. But I go down to PV twice a year. So I check it out when I'm there. It's being built. What more can I say. Don't get all in a panic from reading the negative comments. You'll lose sleep over it, but not your money.....Get yourself informed....keep informed. Go to their website and look for yourself. Type the address in the browser....www.belairevacationclub.com See you for the grand opening!

Joe T.
Jan 15, 2010

I am glad to hear a positive comment about Belaire and I just arrived from Puerto Vallarta. My and family and I have been there since Dec. 13 spending Christmas and New Year.

During our almost a month stay in Puerto Vallarta from Dec. 13 - Jan 9, we stayed most of the time in our units at the Mayan Palace in Nuevo Vallarta. On the week of Dec 27th we stayed at a 3-BR unit at the Caracoles, a condominium resort across the Belaire. I had this arranged through Belaire because we would like to get close to downtown Puerto Vallarta during the New Year.

Being Belaire not ready for occupancy, Karla and Sylvia were excellent in arranging our alternate accommodation at Caracoles. In fact, she was asking my wife and daughters for their spa booking - again being part of the Belaire ownership benefits, and, I wished I went out golfing 'cause she was going to book it for me.

Twice we visited Belaire and about the status of construction, indeed, the glass siding/windows were being installed up to the 3rd floor of the first tower and steel beams were being delivered on site. There was a large sign indicating the first tower being sold out. Construction workers and equipments were busy on the site.

I had a good chat with one of the Salesman who also owns a restaurant downtown. I did confidentially express to him my concern about the progress of the construction. Similarly, he informed me about the problem that the builder encountered in the foundation work. I saw the condition when they were excavating the foundation of the first tower during our site visit on March of 2008 and being an engineer in profession, I could relate what he was telling me.

However, similar to the construction activity in Belaire, the situation at the Mayan Palace in Nuevo Vallarta and the speed of construction are entirely different. In March of 2008, we stayed at the yellow building during our first week and then moved to the red building the next week. There are 3 big buildings colored blue, red and yellow fronting the large swimming pool. Apparently, those 3 buildings were torn down later after our stay replacing them with newer and taller buildings and the entire site being re-landscape.

How fast is Mayan Palace constructing their buildings and landscaping their site?

When we arrived last Dec. 13, we had to stay at the building where the main lobby is located because the the 3 buildings (colored blue, red & yellow) were gone. Immediately adjacent to the those former buildings site is a huge building called Grand Luxe almost complete and apparently, ready for opening this coming May. On the other side of the building we stayed is another huge 10-storey building called Grand Bliss that is also expected to be opened later this year. And the portion of the large swimming pool that was cut off is being replaced with a larger and elevated swimming pool.

Then on the back 9 of the golf course a beautifully designed marina-type market place and entertainment plaza is being built. A new back 9 of the golf course will be built across the bird sanctuary. All these construction activities within the Mayan Palace ground in Nuevo Vallarta are being done simultaneously and around the clock!

One interesting information that I would like to share is, I had a chat with the Timeshare Sales Manager at Villa del Palmer in Nuevo Vallarta. He was an administration staff of Belaire in 2007 when we purchased our unit and I did confidentially asked his opinion about the situation in Belaire. His answer is, there is construction activity going on now.

Before we left Puerto Vallarta, I sent an email to Sylvia to thank her for arranging our stay at the Caracoles during the New Years week. At the same time, I acknowledged to her that I am contemplating of exercising the guaranteed buy-back condition of the contract and her reply is, soon as the first tower is ready for occupancy they will be ready to provide the documentations. The expected opening of Belaire I believe is, early August or September.

I guess we all have our concerns. In our case, we weigh the positive and negative options and sometimes get carried away with too many negative comments. The interesting part is, when I try to work out with these negative comments to act and do something to benefit others I get no support.

With what we have seen lately, Belaire may take time to complete and when it is completed, it will raise some eyebrows. With its interior design and layout of rooms, quality of material to use, general location and the amenities that goes with the ownership, it will be something to talk about.

My wife and I are both optimists and we both share the same sentiment and should we sell our unit then, that will be a decision that we will exercise.

I hope this info will help others!

Ramon C.
Jan 15, 2010

I will just assume those last two posts were from Belaire with fictional names. Don't even think about visiting, let alone purchasing, from this scam company. The tower in Dubai was built in less time. P.T. Barnum was right!

Steven B.
Jan 18, 2010

Sorry there, stevenb223, I'm not from Belaire and I'm not fictional. My wife and I reside in Nanaimo BC.....contact us if you wish... Have you bothered to look at the live webcam lately? 3 floors are up...12 - 3 story beams have just been placed above that...crossbeams are being installed as I write. Seems to me that the pace is picking up. And about time I may add. No, Dubai tower wasn't built in less time. It began in Jan 2004 with a completion date of Dec 2008. It officialy opened on Jan 4, 2010. Even it was delayed. Things happen! Not to mention that they had a workforce of 3500 men. And, as you know, building with concrete and rebar is a lot quicker than building with steel. But, not nearly as strong. Your posting from Feb 24, 2009....you stated.." there are 8 posts in the ground and that's all you'll ever see "...c'mon steve...really? that wasn't even 11 months ago. Are you one of those timeshare guys working for another developer just trying to discredit BelAire?...or maybe you worked for Belaire and they let you go and now you're just trying to get back at them? Do your eyes deceive you? Can't you see the progress on their live cam? Maybe you're just angry that a few people actually posted a positive note. You've mentioned several times about PT Barnum. Are you from the circus or what? Get yourselves informed people. Many have bought and are very glad they did. I know, I'm one.

Joe T.
Jan 18, 2010

We still stand by our original statement that something is very wrong with Belaire, regardless of any "construction" that right now might be taking place. Regardless of current construction activity at belaire, the testimonials of many of the bloggers on this site give frightening examples of horrible treatment by the Belaire staff when people either do not want to buy or they choose to excercise their right to cancel. I understand that timeshare presentations can be very stressful and often times the sales person can get very "rude", but rude does not begin to describe how the Belaire staff and owners treated us and many others when they were told no. If they were so wonderful, why would they threaten people, refuse to give them their "gifts" for attending presentations, scream obscenities at them, threaten to arrest them; just because they choose not to purchase... It just does not add up.

Brian F.
Jan 19, 2010

I am also sorry joet176. Sorry for you and your investment. If, in fact, you are for real you are a real optimist and should read all the information here, on the complaints board, and on TUG. Tell me you do not really believe that it takes six years (the first complaint posts on TUG) to construct 3 open levels of a building, no matter how high quality the construction. It took them less than 8 months to construct the the model building where they continue to sell their scam project to suckers like you. Get out while/if you can or just write it off as a mistake.

Steven B.
Jan 19, 2010

Hello steven2223

I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and my only connection with Belaire is the purchasing of a unit from them. I can understand the frustration of everyone with regards to the slow development of Belaire and I, too, share that frustration.

I guess, the big difference between my sentiment and the others is, I feel that I haven't lost that much yet and, it is not my nature to let go anything from my hard earned effort without resistance .

As I mentioned from my previous comment, I emailed and talked to them on the phone in a business-like manner before we left Puerto Vallarta about the buy-back option of our contract with them. The answer I received was, soon as there units available for occupancy documents will then be available for that purpose and they are expecting the opening of the first tower by August or September.

Unfortunately, my wife and I are both patient with these type of investments because we have experiences on these type of instances specially with the current worldwide economic situation. Come September, if the situation remains the same as today, then I will weigh out what legal option would be effective.

I have made initial discussions with individuals that are knowledgeable about the law on developments in Mexico. I would hope that if that happens, (and I hope it won't) many if not all those who have commented their frustration about their investment on Belaire will join me retrieve our respective investments - we sure need each other then as a unit.

I hope my further comment will help.

Ramon L. Caluttung, P.Eng., PMP Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Ramon C.
Jan 21, 2010

Hi! We are going to Puerto Vallarta for 2 weeks in mid-May. I am looking forward to seeing what progress there is. When we come back, if there is not sufficient happening, I will be happy to join you, Ramon.

Anthony A.
Jan 21, 2010

Have fun. From what I understand they will give you free massages, drinks, and food. They will also try and sell you something else. Enjoy the freebees after all you paid for them. Just don't fall for the sales scam. I appreciate what these people are saying and yes there is progress, there has to be or the Mexican Government will be all over them. All they are doing right now is sellig, selling, selling and building a little to keep their owners conned so they won't start demanding their money back. They have their bond up with the Mexican Government but the money they are taking in will far exceed the bond. When they hit their goal they will walk away from the project with their pockets lined. Someboby might buy it or it will just sit their unfinished like so many other properties in PV. The people that have filed with Profeco will probably recover some money. That is what the bond is for. What is owed will far exceed the bond amount. So even you prople out there that believe this project will fly should file with Profeco and get on the list. It may be too late with all the complaints they already have but if you are all stupid enouth to have faith in a place that the whole town on PV knows is conning you to the max then you deserve what you get.

Susan L.
Jan 21, 2010

Wish people would listen- hate to see people ripped off over and over again. Like you we are just trying to prevent what happened to us to happen to someone else. Thanks for all your input, let's hope it helps others!

Brian F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.