Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

Jan 23, 2010

Hi everyone who is writing. We are at the present in PV at Paradise Village. Just stayed at the Mayan for two weeks. While here we have visited Bel Aire and Miramar. Yes the Bel Aire is going up and they were even working at night. That however does not encourage me completely but the progress was considerable since we last saw pictures. We are eating there for 50% off but I still feel the saleslmen are full of hot air. Told us a lie about Miramar. They are not at all affiliated with each other anymore. We were treated terrible when we went to Miramar to look around and didnt buy. In fact they said "Get them Out of here." Oh Well I have been screamed at before and It only bothers me till I get out of there. Keep pressuring them and see what happens. I am not holding my breath but it does seem to be going up. We have been eating there because it is resonable and fairly good food. Also the spa is beautiful. I have still files with Profeco and am waiting for my reply. Don't really know which way to go at this point. It would sure be nice to stay there if it ever is completed. Jan from Colorado.

Janet C.
Jan 30, 2010

I am curious if you have had to pay the annual all inclusive fee when the resort has not been finished yet?

I purchased recently and am nervous with all the blogs

Tracey L.
Jan 31, 2010

Please explain the all-inclusive fee...is that something new?

Anthony A.
Jan 31, 2010

As I understand it, all or most of the contracts have "one week" of mandatory all-inclusive. They state that you do not have to pay the all inclusive fee until the resort is built and you use your mandatory all-inclusive week. Of course they also state that they will buy that week back from you at $2,000 or whatever the rate may be at the time. I don't believe a word they say. But if you purchased and don't want to rescind your contract, I wish you the best of luck and sincerely hope you get what they are promising. Unfortunately they have been making these same promises for several years and no one has benefited but the company. Good luck

Brian F.
Feb 01, 2010

I would be happy to rescind my contract, but the problem is that it is all paid for. How do you get your money back? That is the question!

Anthony A.
Mar 14, 2010

We have just returned from three weeks in Puerto Vallarta. We stayed at Velas Vallarta and every time we walked out the front door we could see the painted white steel skelton structure that is Belaire. Finally one evening, I walked over and at the entrance there was a little billboard promoting breakfast, lunch and dinner at the resturant called Chi Chi. The man gave me a 20% discount coupon. I did not tell him that we had already purchased over three years ago. When I asked about what the structure was he told me that the building was to be a luxury residence, but that the developer and the contruction compay have parted ways due to a dispute and that it is in the hands of the lawyers. I walked around and except for a large black truck sticking out of the basement there was no other building materials or personnel at the site. The glass does not go all around and there is one piller by itself that is not shown in the internet picture. There were suppose to be eight in all where the one separate one is.

I went back a few days later to find out the hours for dinner. At that time the truck was gone and only rubbish is left in one corner. The man told me that the steel is coming from Monterey but they can not continue until the weather gets better as they cannot weld when it is raining. During the three weeks that we were there we had one cloudy day and NO RAIN.

We returned on a Sunday ,but they do not serve on Sunday so we could just look around. Those who purchased I sure you remember the sales area that is up front. They are making it into an internet cafe and they have purchased new tables and chairs, new coffee machines and curtains for the walls as they plan on air conditioning the space.

We did return the next night for dinner which was excellent and moderately priced. I did not tell our server that I had arleady purchased as I wanted to get as much information out of him. The area around the restaurant is beautiful and when I asked him what was in the rest of the building he told me to come for a free breakfast and a 20 MINUTE presentation and I would be able to look around. I asked him how people know where the resturant is he told me that they pass out invitations for breakfast and lunch and I am sure for a sales pitch. In other words, they are still selling.

I returned a few days later to thank the security guy for arranging a golf cart transportation back to Vellas and I remarked that nothing seems to be going on at the contruction site and he told me that they are still interviewing propective construction companies and nobody has been hired. But they plan on finishing by November so people can use the facility after that.

We did also visit Mirmar and the facility is almost complete. The first section of rooms are done and people were staying there. The workers were working on the spa and the pool area, some of the rooms and the new structure that is going rapidly up. The grand opening has been planned for May. When I inquired as to a rumor that they were connected to Belaire the manager of sales that we spoke with told me that they were never officially part of Belaire, No permission was ever given for those who had purchased to use that facility. In fact Antonio had thought that the construction company would just come over and finsh Belaire. If you would want to learn more contact Henry at superhvanegas@yahoo.com.

Now for my opinion. Will Belaire ever be finished by November or maybe ever by by the present developer? No way, Jose. Miracles do happen but in this case it will take more than a miracle. Any questions, my email is hobyhaus@sbcglobal.net.

Lois J.
Mar 31, 2010

cheryls213 Has anyone ever heard of the Belaire Golf resort and Spa in Puerta Vallarta that is in the Marina area and it is in pre-construction?

They took us we are working with our Visa Company to get our money back....

John W.
Mar 31, 2010

contact us srb83501@yahoo.com We are fighting with them...and working with our visa company to get our money back...

John W.
Apr 17, 2010

dorothy362 wrote:
cheryls213 wrote:
Has anyone ever heard of the Belaire Golf resort and Spa in Puerta Vallarta that is in the Marina area and it is in pre-construction? What do you think of it?
We bought into it last year and haven't been able to get much information about it. We just received our package telling us that more would be forthcoming. What do you know about it? We bought from Antonio Copela who is one of the owners. I have his e mail address, bud its hard to get answers. you can use www.belairevacationclub.com to view the construction progress. Its my understanding that you won't be able to go there until the end of 2008. Dorothy ornelas43@hotmail.com

Irene P.
Apr 17, 2010

This is my second message. I think the Belaire is totally dishonset and a scam. Nothing has been finished since I was there january 2010. My friends that live in PVR check on it and tell me nothing is happening. anyone see any changes since then? Hpe ypu haven't bought in to it. Irene

Irene P.
Apr 19, 2010

I don't think anything will be done......we too made a purchase on 3/8/10....foolishness.....we have turned it over to ouyr visa company and profeco....hopefully we will get our money back.....email us will questions or concerns....we need to stick together....they treat you like your an isolated situation.....srb83501@yahoo.com

John W.
Apr 30, 2010

You guys need to wake " when it's too good to be true then it is what it is"! First I would like to say feel truly sorry for the ones that lost their hard earned money-it is a disgrace that people get away with such a scam. I hope you can put it as a lost in the next Income Tax- It is not just in Mexico that those scams happen! EVERYWHERE in the world even in U.S.A and Canada so we hope that you will eventually put this awful experience behind you and continue traveling where you want.. Mike Gilmore: You are a fake-I live in PV and work in real estate; I can assure you guys that Miramar, Belaire and who ever uses the word Guarantied rental are lying to you. Me and a group of other honest local people are trying to put together literature to educate people-reach the newspaper-anything to stop or at least discourage those con artist to continue their illegal activities. If you are a local or a tourist in the city of Vallarta and you see those con artist please call 226-8087 (This is "reglamentos" and they don't tolerate this kind of activities-they will show up and help you! They are like the police of illegal activities) You will need someone help you since they speak spanish. They also help to control the activity of OPC (the suppose people that gives out tourist information or free coupons for cooking class or free tour but only if you attends this short 90 minute presentation!!!) those people are aggressive to people on the street and will say anything to get you on these tours. Now for your information" Mayan Palace is a scam" Miramar-Belaire-any resorts that offers rental if not using your timeshare or uses the word guaranty. They should be using words like you can rent it or your own but there's no companies that will rent our your week for $2500!! IMPOSSIBLE think about it! Would you rent a week at Mayan Palace for $2500?? Plus airfare etc..a room is normally from $150 to $300 a night for standard room.. so if they rent their room for that kind of money how can they pay their marketing and make a profit...too good to be true then it's BUL#%$^ ! The only ones I can think that are legit are Four Seasons and Paradise Village(look them up and you won't see negative comments like those resorts that I mentioned to be scams. If you think you have been scam and bought a timeshare and would like to cancel call right away Profeco-have someone from their office come with you (you will probably need to tip them to come with you!) also you can call Reglamentos 226-8087; the cons are afraid of those guys. BE persistent and right away call your credit card company to let them know you have been scam. Do not wait or let anyone tell you that your money will be refund in 90 days (you will never been refund within 90 days) Make sure you stay in the sales office and get your money back right away-if they say they will call the police then call them yourself! The Puerto Vallarta Police protects tourist so if you feel you have been rub by timeshare people then call the police and tell them I have been rub!!! HELP!!! The best is NEVER buy anything that seems to go to be true and always do your research before buying anything-you shouldn't have to buy the same day-incentive are a way to get you in the deal same day but those are just pure crap!!! You should be able to "think about it" and do your research. I hope this was helpful : ) GOD bless the victims and take the cons to where they deserve to be. Amen

Irene S.
Apr 30, 2010

The maintenance fee is a scam to sucker you in for more and more money-they will intimidate you and tell you all kind of stories why there's more fees there and there like state tax, revenue tax etc

Irene S.

Last edited by irenes68 on May 05, 2010 10:47 PM

May 05, 2010

Hello Patti, Looks like we are on the same boat. We also made our purchase on 2007. Please contact me at rlcaluttung@shaw.ca.

Ramon C.
May 05, 2010

Hello,

Looks like we were taken on the same boat. Please contact me at rlcaluttung@shaw.ca.

Ramon C.
May 06, 2010

Am responding after someone called me out by name. My name is Mike Gilmore and I to have finally agreed that I have been taken by the same scam. I don't think it fair that you not know me and think I had anything to do with this that I am involved. I did buy into Bellaire and was hoping for the best, However after watching the building just sit there on Camera, I have given up most of my hope. I lost my money also and all I can do is keep hoping someone will finish this project and give me something back. I had a relationship with the salesrep that sold me after buying and trusted his word that the project would be finished. I can't seem to get a hold of my so called friend any longer as he has washed his hands of it also. To all the fellow suckers sorry for your loss and mine. Don't have any alternative but to talk about it and have a sliver of hope something happens.

Mike G.
May 07, 2010

Hi, Mike! What was you so-called friend's name? I have a similar story... My wife and I are going to PV tomorrow for two weeks. I hope to go to Belaire and have a look. I am not optimistic that I will have any good news, but I will try and will post something once I have been there.

Anthony A.
May 08, 2010

My sales rep's name was Steve Henline and his Manager which is still there I think was Kirby something. Looking to hear back from you. Thanks

Mike G.
May 09, 2010

Hello Mike,

My name is Ramon Caluttung. Like yourself, my wife and I bought into the Belaire in 2007. In reading all those comments in RedWeek.com our concern about Belaire's operation is becoming more and more disturbing. We have been quite patient trying to consider the economic situation and all the construction problems that are confronting the developer. I have maintained periodic communications with the Belaire people specially those 2 ladies in the administration, Sylvia and Karla.

One of the Clauses in the Contract that we signed under our purchase agreement is a clause pertaining to the Buy-Back Guarantee. It says that Belaire guarantees to buy back after 2 years. I am sure everybody else including yourself must have had clause.

I have sent messages to Sylvia and Karla with a copy to Profeco and, in a business-like manner I have indicated to them that I would like to excercise the Buy Back Clause . Profeco in turn asked me to send them the contract documents we signed with Belaire.

I am still hoping that eventually Belaire will open up for operation. I am sure that the Government of Mexico will not tolerate the situation much longer because of the possibility of a negative impact to their tourism industry.

Perhaps we all can put our heads together and have our actions coordinated. Please contact me at: rlcaluttung@shaw.ca

Ramon C.
May 10, 2010

Has anyone thought about what if they do get a building done. Where are they going to put all the people who have bought in one small building? I asked Karla that and she said we can exchange out of there. Well I didn't buy to exchange. I bought because I wanted to be at Bel Aire. We have filed with Profeco and have had one hearing. Karla called me the day before the hearing and set us up. When Profeco notified us the hearing results they said BelAire had come to an agreement with us on the phone. WE DID NOT!! She just wanted to have on file the phone call to us and they lied at the hearing. If you have filed with Profeco do not take any calls or comunicate with BelAire at all. They will use that against you at the hearing and then if you are lucky they will schedule another hearing for you just one more time. We have scheduled another hearing on the 19 of May. I cannot get a confimation on that however and that is bothering me. Will let you know the outcome.

Janet C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.