Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

Aug 26, 2010

I also received a call from Allan Dale, who claimed to be a lawyer. He offered to buy back my membership at almost twice the price we paid for it. The contract emailed to me was very vague and the wire transfer fee information scares the H_ _ _ out of me. I emailed back to the lawyer offering him my membership at a lower rate if they would cover the transfer fee. Have yet to hear back and probably won't. At this point, I would be happy to break even. I bought in Jan. 2008.

Jim M.
Aug 26, 2010

Give them "NOTHING" We were able to recover our money with the help of both Profeco and the United States Embassy. For anyone else struggling with this issue, the embassy staff in PV are wonderful!!!!!!!! If you are a U.S. citizen then you should contact and take advantage of thier services. You've already paid for thier services, USE THEM!!!!!!!! They "FLAT OUT" told us that the "Belaire" situation was a total SCAM! It's too late to parse words. Believe NOTHING that they tell you!!!!!!!!

Brian F.
Aug 27, 2010

Any contact numbers or email addresses for Profeco and the US Embassy in PV?

Jim M.
Aug 29, 2010

If you want information and and belong to our team to fight Belaire email us at gwbelitski@shaw.ca

Gerald B.
Aug 29, 2010

My husband and I would be very interested in being a part of your team. We would like to get our money back also.

darlene115@aol.com jkg1012@aol.com

Darlene G.
Sep 02, 2010

SEPT.2.2010 AS AN OWNER I HAVE BEING FOLLOWING THIS THE ADDRESS OF 500 N. RAINBOW IS NOT THIER LOCATION I WAS THEN TOLD THE ADDRESS WAS 503 N. RAINBOW THIS ONE DOES NOT EVEN EXIST OFFERED TO FLY OUT WIITH CASH TO MEET WITH THE BUNCH OF NFG'S NEVER HEARD A REPLY.REGISTERED LETTERS SENT TO THEM HAVE BEEN RETURNED . IF ANY OF YOU HAVE A POLICE OR PHONE CONTACT MAYBE YOU CAN TRACE THE LOCATION OF PHONE 877-391-1585 OR 702-583-774

Michael F.
Sep 06, 2010

Just thought I would share this - - - My origional question was: I have heard U hotel has acquired Belaire Golf Resort and Spa, in Puerto Vallarta. Has this happened?

Dear Mr. XXXXXX Greetings from Thailand. We have received many similar email and would like to inform you that we have nothing to do with Puerto Vallarta project, even though they have copied our hotel logo (we have seen their e-newsletter) as well as the name. Our U Hotels & Resorts expansion are mostly in Thailand, India, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Indonesia and Middle East. The brand and our mother company Absolute Hotel Services founded in June 2008. You can check more information on our company website, www.absolutehotelservices.com. Best regards, Nopparat P'Kulsiri (Klang) VP Marketing U Hotels & Resorts klang@uhotelsresorts.com

Mark D.
Sep 08, 2010

Does anyone believe this is still legitimate?

My wife and I had an expirience similar to most of the posts I have read. We bought in '08 but fortunatly went back the next day and canceled. After a very heated exchange, being kicked out of the lobby, and the police being called, we left Belaire resort without our money. As soon as we arrived home we notified our credit card company to reverse the charges. We got our money back without protest from Belaire. It sounds as though we were lucky compared to many of you. I wish all of you good luck in getting your money back. And for those of you that still believe you will one day stay at the Belaire PV...I wish you luck as well.

Doug G.
Sep 08, 2010

Was told today that Mr. Hightower can only buyback 350 contracts, please let me know if any one out there is one of the 350. If so did you receive any paperwork on what you will receive in 45 to 90 days. Did you get a conformation # after you wired the money? I was told they already reached 350 people that have paid their 10%. I have been in contact with Mr. Hightower for over a month now. Please respond ASAP. Thank you for your help on this

Terence W.
Sep 28, 2010

We bought Nov 11, 2008. Our contract number is 883.

Frank V.
Sep 28, 2010

We bought our unit Now 11, 2008. I was wairing for 2 years to go by so I redeem my money. I contacted Belaire this morning. They referred me to a person in Nevada. He wants me to bank wire $6,000 and he will then sell my unit and I would receive $10500 from the sale. I have to do it as soon as bank opens tomorrow. He is to wire me instruction how to wire the money. I have his email. Of course I won't sending money.

Frank V.
Sep 28, 2010

donot send any upfront monies. Someone went to the nevada address in Las Vegas and there is a large bldg there but no Mr Hightower. This seems to be a scam. I am an owner as well and talked to this guy and there is no way I would give any upfront monies. The Belaire is saying they have no affilliation with them but they have a list of all the owners and what they pd originally. There is definitely something fishy.

Richard K.
Sep 28, 2010

I bought in 2008

Frank V.

Last edited by marty8084 on Sep 29, 2010 04:10 PM

Sep 30, 2010

If you wish to join our group, please contact me: rlcaluttung@shaw.ca

Ramon C.
Oct 03, 2010

I am interested in your suit. Exactly what does it entail and what are the anticipated cost. How many have joined?

Frank V.
Oct 04, 2010

We share each other's information through our Email Forum that consist of confirmed co-owners. We have to be discreet at this point in sharing our thoughts and views. If you wish to join us, by all means you and the other co-owners are most welcome. Contact me at: rlcaluttung@shaw.ca

Ramon C.
Oct 04, 2010

Do you have the correct address for Perefecto in Puerta Vallarta, Mexico

Frank V.
Oct 04, 2010

Just got back from a cruise and stopped in PV for a one day visit. The Belaire is now the Hotel U, I saw it for myself. I couldn't get an administrator to come out and talk, and of course I couldn't go in. Said the resort would be opening back up Oct. 15th, 2010 and the new owner would be completing the construction project.

Jim M.
Oct 04, 2010

We have not seen anything since April. What progress has ben made, if any? Is the restaurant still in the temporary building? Do you have any pictures? We are going bck on the 1st of Nov. It appears that Laura Pena, who was our contact is gone. We received a reply from Marcella Bonano. It is now called Hotel U Golf Resort and Marina.

James H.
Oct 04, 2010

OMG!! There was a message from Mr. Hightower on our answering machine tonight, to call him at our earliest convience. I'm glad I read this before I call him. This whole scam is going to put us in financial ruin. I don't know how we could have been so stupid.

Suzanne J.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.