Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

Nov 22, 2022

jeremyv37 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I bought a timeshare with Playa del Sol before it became Bel Air years ago and am now wanting to get rid of it as my neither my ex-wife nor I want it anymore.

I paid off the loan (a few years ago) and this most recent special assessment (trying to protect my credit as I would like to buy a home in the future).

Have any of you tried selling your timeshare and had much luck?

From my assessment, what I might be able to sell it for versus the various fees for selling it via Redweek and the transfer fee from Bel Air ($250 according to them), I might be able break even. And, honestly, if it meant I didn't have it anymore, I'd consider that a win.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Were you ever able to sell your Belaire weeks Jeremy?

Gerry P.
Nov 22, 2022

Sorry to have to say but selling your membership is difficult. Right now on Timeshare Users Group (TUG), a membership at Krystal Grand (same place) is for sale for one dollar, really, with the owner paying the transfer fee. Use the internet to search for Belair (or Belaire) Nuevo Vallarta, membership for sale, to see what others are asking for their membership. Be careful if using a third party, company, to try to sell your membership. You may be asked to pay a listing charge and then get no buyers.

The Belair, Belaire, Playa Del Sol, Krystal Grand....whatever it is being called now, has a lot of negative reviews, especially with the BBB...Better Business Bureau...concerning the demand for an extra maintenance fee.

If you can't sell, consider renting out just to get your maintenance fee back. Use the Internet to find ways to list....good luck.

Hal H.
Nov 22, 2022

The scammers are back relating to Bellaire golf resort. I receive a call from an individual who spoke perfect English purporting to be the Director General de la Asesoria Juridica Federal. An organization which rights the wrong of individuals who have been scammed. Which supposedly is connected with CEAV Executive commission in attention to victims (Fraud and Extorcion). He states that the organization will return the full value of the money that was scammed. The recipient only has to pay 10 percent to the organization in order to convert the amount of money from Mexican pesos to US dollars.

Malcolm M.
Dec 04, 2022

Hi Gerry P.,

Sadly, I wasn't able to sell my timeshare.

Like Hal H.'s post about the TUG Timeshare Owners Group on June 9th, I had mine up for sale here for a year, with RedWeek's help, lowered the price to $1 (or whatever the lowest price I could use) and absolutely no interest.

I have tried talking to the Resort directly about just giving them the timeshare while my account is still in good standing and no luck there either. :(

gerryp24 wrote:
jeremyv37 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I bought a timeshare with Playa del Sol before it became Bel Air years ago and am now wanting to get rid of it as my neither my ex-wife nor I want it anymore.

I paid off the loan (a few years ago) and this most recent special assessment (trying to protect my credit as I would like to buy a home in the future).

Have any of you tried selling your timeshare and had much luck?

From my assessment, what I might be able to sell it for versus the various fees for selling it via Redweek and the transfer fee from Bel Air ($250 according to them), I might be able break even. And, honestly, if it meant I didn't have it anymore, I'd consider that a win.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Were you ever able to sell your Belaire weeks Jeremy?

Jeremy V.
Dec 04, 2022

Hi Hal H.,

I would be surprised if it could be rented out at this point given what folks have said about the place.

Jeremy

halh17 wrote:
Sorry to have to say but selling your membership is difficult. Right now on Timeshare Users Group (TUG), a membership at Krystal Grand (same place) is for sale for one dollar, really, with the owner paying the transfer fee. Use the internet to search for Belair (or Belaire) Nuevo Vallarta, membership for sale, to see what others are asking for their membership. Be careful if using a third party, company, to try to sell your membership. You may be asked to pay a listing charge and then get no buyers.

The Belair, Belaire, Playa Del Sol, Krystal Grand....whatever it is being called now, has a lot of negative reviews, especially with the BBB...Better Business Bureau...concerning the demand for an extra maintenance fee.

If you can't sell, consider renting out just to get your maintenance fee back. Use the Internet to find ways to list....good luck.

Jeremy V.
Mar 05, 2023

Sad! We lost about $16,000... And have totally given up on getting anything back. Made our peace with it.... Lesson learned...ugh!!

Mara R.
Mar 06, 2023

I noticed your reply from another. I was in PV last month and took a bus ride to see the Belaire once again. The entrance is blocked completely with a wall. The metal bars are still there of course but the lot is completely overgrown. We got taken for 25000. We did buy at Grand Miramar and have used it many times. We were there for 2 weeks this year and I was treated like scum by the front desk. I pay less than a rental just off the street. They want it to be a wedding location and corporations meeting place. Very few of the owners are left and the vacation club is no more that Richard Bounds pushed pre Covid. I still love it there. Belaire will never be sold as the law suit was set up years ago. The people that bought won but Antonio will never return the money. It probably is long gone.

Lois J.
Mar 06, 2023

RE: Dear Anthony Copela and son Jonathan have been supposedly jailed and released and move all over. Anthony even worked for the Vidante Management in the offices in Nuevo - get that one!!!!! It seems they are "all" crooked as hell and backed by their wonderful Mexican Government. It must be one of their entitlements that is the famous word with all governments today????? So sad, illegal, corrupt, and unacceptable practices that are able to move on without any consequences to them.

Sharon H.
Mar 07, 2023

We too had be been swindled by Bel Aire. No chance of funds being salvaged. But……you can declare this loss on your income tax. It worked for us, and we went through a CPA, entirely legal.

Annie

Auli A.
Mar 07, 2023

We have done the same, though not sure how much we gain out of it. It is always learning lessons and unfortunately from time to time the hard way. I am glad we only "purchased" 5 weeks for $6K.

Hovhannes A.
Mar 08, 2023

We purchased all cash with PDS Grand many years ago and we also paid the first "special assessment." We've pretty much written off the losses as an expensive lesson but I didn't know that we could write off the costs. Is it still possible to declare these losses on the next tax returns even though it was many years ago since we never declared them before. Thanks for the information.

aulia2 wrote:
We too had be been swindled by Bel Aire. No chance of funds being salvaged. But……you can declare this loss on your income tax. It worked for us, and we went through a CPA, entirely legal.

Annie

Alberto D.
Mar 09, 2023

Hi Annie, I believe so, we also did few years later after we figured we will not see the money back and there will be no time share for us anyways. Not sure if there is a max for how many years later it can be done, but you can try or check with your accountant.

Hovhannes A.
Mar 09, 2023

Losses on sale of Personal Use Timeshares are "not deductible" on Canadian income tax.

Sharon H.
Mar 10, 2023

Spoke with my CPA. He says you have to prove that you made every effort to get you money back from Bellaire and were refused.

Carolyn T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.