Belair Beach Hotel

Booked for Aug 2008

Nov 07, 2007

Can anyone advise me - is this a likely time for hurricanes? Is the resort still rather run down and in need of renovation ( as some reviews on Redweek & TUG are saying) Thanks, Lyn

Lyn N.
Dec 24, 2007

All 4th floor have new living and dining room furnishings. All kitchen counters are being replaced as well as tiling the pass through bar in a multi year project. 10 have been finished to date. I love this resort because the beach is never crowded, the view is the best on the island, and you get to reserve your beach chairs for the week for free. It is an older resort but maintained well. If you are looking for Marriott luxury, this isn't it. If you are looking for a nice relaxing place to swim and soak in the views, you will be happy.

As far as hurricanes, this is one of the most active times of the year for hurricanes in the carribean. Keep your fingers crossed that the Hurricanes stay away and you will want to return to St Maarten and The Belair Beach Hotel again.

Tom O.
Apr 14, 2008

I am new to this site and have question. We walked by this resort during our stay last year over Christmas at the Divi and rather liked what we heard and saw during a brief conversation with a young lady who was staying there at the time. We will probably be staying at a friend's Divi timeshare again this year at Christmas and are wondering how we would go about finding an owner who might be willing to rent their unit for either the week starting Dec.13th or Dec.27th.

Thanks,

Ron & Judy

Ronald C.
Apr 15, 2008

ronaldc94 wrote:
I am new to this site and have question. We walked by this resort during our stay last year over Christmas at the Divi and rather liked what we heard and saw during a brief conversation with a young lady who was staying there at the time. We will probably be staying at a friend's Divi timeshare again this year at Christmas and are wondering how we would go about finding an owner who might be willing to rent their unit for either the week starting Dec.13th or Dec.27th.

Thanks,

Ron & Judy

Ron & Judy,

Welcome to RedWeek.com! The best thing would be to check on the resort's page to see if there are currently any rentals for that time period. If there aren't then sign up to be notified when new postings are added. You could also post a RedWish for what you are looking for.

Best of luck!

Marty

Marty F
Apr 25, 2008

lyn133 wrote:
Can anyone advise me - is this a likely time for hurricanes? Is the resort still rather run down and in need of renovation ( as some reviews on Redweek & TUG are saying) Thanks, Lyn
Don't worry too much about the hurricanes ;-) we were in SXM during Nov 07 and had believe it or not an earthquake! Everything was acutally fine, but how unexpected.

Mollie D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.