Royal Palm Beach Resort

ROYAL PALM BEACH CLUB ST. MAARTEN

Nov 14, 2007

Has anyone stayed at the above resort, if so, how was your stay? I would like to know all pros and cons.

Bernadette J.
Dec 09, 2007

Yes, we are owners of this resort. We have a two bedroom and it is always clean and up to date. Washer and dryer on site. Air conditioned. Has a work out room, shops. The only thing this resort does not have a restaurant. This has not bothered us at all because you can walk across the street to an open air restaurant. There are restaurants all over. The ocean view is out of this world.

Don and Marie

Marie E.

Last edited by marty8084 on Dec 10, 2007 06:49 PM

Mar 19, 2008

Have been coming to St. Martin for 25 yrs but don't know how to get to this resort. We usually stay in the Cupecoy area so are pretty familiar with this neighborhood. Directions please. We're thinking of coming down in late May.

Thanks, Elsie & Joe Kaminski

Elsie K.
Jul 01, 2008

Does anyone know how this resort (Royal Palm) compares the the Pelican Beach Resort or the Sapphire Beach resort on St. Maarten

Arlynn H.
Jul 17, 2008

arlynn1 wrote:
Does anyone know how this resort (Royal Palm) compares the the Pelican Beach Resort or the Sapphire Beach resort on St. Maarten

Yes, I have stayed at all three resorts and Royal Palm is the best and the easiest to navigate to and from. Besides, it is right on the beach. Not a hike to the beach like Pelican or Sapphire and it is located on the main road, right smack in the middle of everything. I hope this helps you.

Smoochez2u2

Smoochez T.
Aug 10, 2008

We have stayed at the Flamingo and Royal Palm and prefer the Royal Palm. We have friends who have timeshare at the Pelican and have been trying to unload that because if they don't come on their designated week, they take a chance of being located up on the hill somewhere. Same at Flamingo. First time we went to Flamingo,we were located in a unit up on the hill, away from the beach, pool, and main resort. That was awful. Second time we requested a beach front or pool side condo and got it. Depends on the time you go. However, Royal Palm's rooms are all beach/ocean front. This resort is located on the main drag and it is easy to get to places of interest, restaurants or even downtown. The beach is fabulous and the units are clean. Only one drawback is they do not have a restaurant on the premises, but the pool bar offers food. There are several restuarants right across the street and are very good. Hope this helps you choose. Cairnmum@yahoo.com

Susan G.
Aug 10, 2008

Please stop saying that. Yes,-- Royal Palm does have a Restaurant. Go to the back of the Pool Bar and Wha--La, -- Restaurant. Apparently, people who said they stayed at the Royal Palm were not very good property explorers, or they would have discovered the Restaurant. I just returned from St. Maartens and Royal Palm, July 22, 2008 - Aug. 3, 2008. We go every year. (and stayed one week at The Atrium, next door, Aug. 3 - Aug. 9, 2008,) ( Like, Yesterday). The Restaurant at Royal Palm has been there for years and serves Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The Restaurant also overlooks the beach, nice views and the prices are not bad. So, please, discover and enjoy.

Smoochez2u2

Smoochez T.
Aug 10, 2008

Whoops! So sorry. You are correct about that restaurant..........we did eat there & breakfast was good but dinner was another story. We gave it another try and same story. Cold food and not very good, quite unappetizing for all 4 of us. So I guess I wiped that place out of my mind. We have never returned there for dinner. The view was nice though.

Cairnmum

Susan G.
Aug 11, 2008

Whoops-- are always accepted I had breakfast there and a burger for lunch on another day. I think they changed the cook this year, -- again! But even Lee's, across the street, wasn't that good this year, I believe they have changed there cook too. We usually headed into town and ate at Mark's Place, and on Saturday & or Sunday, we headed over to Marigot and ate from one of the booths at the open market across from the Anguilla Ferry, which was also good. The best food in Simpson Bay area is served at Capuccino's, (open 24/7) which is right up the road from Royal Palm, across from the Marina. That is where the new Caribbean "Soup Maven" makes her fabulous homemade soups, Conch Soup and Chicken Soup, etc., all are hearty, warm and wonderful, -- Mmmmmmm, -- just thinking about it, makes my mouth water. She also runs a Lunch Truck in Cupecoy area selling to the construction workers. She's fantastic, talented and friendly. Discover these and enjoy.

St Maartens use to be the "Hotspot" to go to where there was something different and equally fun to do every night, now they've succeeded in turning it into "Sleepy Hollow". I love the Island but I'd rather have the "fun stuff" back again.

smoochez2u2

Smoochez T.
Jan 18, 2011

whats your best offer/??

Jayson E.
Oct 08, 2012

Yes there is a restaurant. I eat breakfast there all the time. I have had dinner there a couple of times. You are on the strip and in walking distance to many restaurants. When were feeling lazy, I simple walk across the street to Lee's and order lobster take out!

Lea B.
Oct 08, 2012

Make a right out of the airport and stay on Airport Rd. total Palm is under 2 miles- located directly over the bridge. Across the street from Lee's Restaurant

Lea B.
Mar 07, 2013

Restaurant at Royal Palm was very good. Had lunch there two times and it was tasty. Enjoyed my stay at this resort. Lee restaurant across the street was not that great. Waitress brought our food and drinks right away than never came back to our table. We asked for more drinks but she forgot. It took over an hour after asking 3 times for our bill to get it. There are a lot of good restaurants on the island and within walking distance of 5 minutes of resort.

Renee J.
Jan 29, 2015

which do you prefer royal palm or atrium. never being there is this the dutch side. thank you for your time.

Patti A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.