Timeshare Companies

Global Resort

Nov 17, 2007

Has anyone heard of Global Resorts. Its a club you join for vacation discounts?

Ellen M.
Nov 17, 2007

Go to right hand side of this page under the blue 'I want to ....' and enter Global Resorts Network in 'search fourms'. This has been discussed on Redweek. From what I gather they're a multi-level marketing system.

R P.
Jan 29, 2008

Jay Jay:

There appear to be many different companies using the Global name. It appears the one asked about is the Global Resorts Network.....the other is Global Discovery Vacations. A tug member joined the latter...it appears they both work similiar

GRN is a MLM that tries to sell folk a membership in their group in order to sell the same membership to others ( and you, as well as everyone in you 'line' will get a % of whatever you are able to sell ( as in the membership) and weeks that appear to be mostly leftover weeks from RCI, and II....we haven't seen many II places in their listings, so it is probably mostly RCI left over inventory.

Both work by attempting to 'sell' a membership. Last time I read on Scam.com the GPN offer was approx $3000 to join. You can try to sell weeks to all your friends...or use them yourself.

GDV might take $3000. It was reported by several that some paid up to $7000.00 for a set of stars or weeks in the same type resort ( left over T/S resorts). Now they can also use the weeks....didn't understand what Mike meant about the approx $500 or less usage fee...I expect that meant per week?

In any case, if you know where to look, the public and affinity groups are able to get these same weeks without joining anything.

As mentioned in previous posts here, if you are a member of RCI or II, there are always geatway weeks or extra vacations.....an example, the RCI Wyndham 2 bed 2 bath extra vacations for Thanksgiving week in Atlantic City was offered for $197.00 last year, not counting taxes or I think parking fees). Of course you need to be a RCI or II member, and usually that means you need to own a T/S....thats easy enough...the PCCs sell T/Ss for $1.00 a week..but nearly everyone here would say be very careful with these $1.00 weeks...may be not that great.

There are many websites that the exchange companies run to help get rid of excess weeks as well. I can tell you that Trading Places has weeks for the general public for as low as $97.00 per unit ( but you might have a 3 week lead time....very hard to get good airfare on such a short notice.

Don't forget to even check Redweek. I expect soon they will have excess inventory and have short time sales....if you join DAE (free to join) you will get lists of weeks available starting at $89.00.

No need to pay $3000 for membership to find these weeks. Just keep reading here....

Kenneth K.
Apr 03, 2008

I am tying to get information about Global Exchange Vacation Club from members with the Preferred Package. I am suppose to sign my contract with them on Saturday (2 days from now), and want to know if this is a good deal. You are suppose to get condo's or, if not available, hotel rooms at any time, any where in the world with your points. You are also suppose to be able to get weeks anywhere, not using your points, for $367/wk as many times as you want to during the year. Is this all true?

Jewell H.
Jul 20, 2009

I need to know what the deal is with Global Discovery Vacations. I bought the package in January and I am starting to have buyers remorse and I don't know what to do...please help me. I am nervous that I am into something that I shouldn't be. The free trip ended up to be a scam and I am getting ready to try to book a trip and want to know what to do. I also want to know if anyone has ever been able to get out of it after they signed and how to do that.

Rebecca P.
Oct 17, 2009

I too have joined and I'm having second thoughts. Did you go on a vacation yet? Did you try to cancel?

Deanna P.
Jul 02, 2011

We also bought a travel club membership with Global Discovery Vacations just 4 days ago. We never heard of this kind of membership so the following day I researched about it and similar companies. I read a lot of negative feedbacks. I'm so happy I cancelled our membership before 72 hrs(3 days)was up. I never tried it but I was not confident after reading a lot of reviews and complaints. I would research some more and if it is really such a good deal I can go back and join the club. But if it is a scam, at least I got out of the contract and did not take a hit of $4k. :)

Monsie R.

Last edited by monsier on Jul 02, 2011 09:02 AM

Mar 27, 2013

A FRIEND OF MINE BOUGHT A TIMESHARE ABOUT 7-8 YEARS AGO FROM GLOBAL, AND PAID ABOUT $7,500.THE TIMESHARE WAS NOT ON A SPECIFIC PLACE, BUT GAVE HER TWO TO THREE WEEKS A YEAR IN CONDO, OR RESORT. GLOBAL WENT THROUGH RCI, FOR THE WEEK, OR WEEKS. THE ACCOMODATIONS WERE RATED THREE STARS. SHE HAD TO GIVE ABOUT SIX MONTHS NOTICE FOR A DESIRABLE PLACE. I HAVE BEEN WITH HER ON TWO TRIPS, WHICH WERE VERY SATISFACTORY. SHE PAYS $500 A YEAR MAINTENANCE, WHETHER OR NOT SHE USES IT. SHE ALSO PAYS A FEE OF ONE HUNDRED, OR TWO HUNDRED FOR ARRANGING YOUR TRIP. YOU HEAR A LOT OF BAD THINGS ABOUT GLOBAL, BUT HER DEAL IS TERRIFIC.

Lawrence F.

Last edited by phyl21 on Mar 27, 2013 09:05 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.