Marriott's Newport Coast Villas

What is meant by the term floating week?

Jan 26, 2008

If I were to purchase a timeshare at marriott newport coast.

And it says floating week... what does that mean. What level do I get silver, gold, platinum?

James O.
Jan 27, 2008

jameso94 wrote:
If I were to purchase a timeshare at marriott newport coast.

And it says floating week... what does that mean. What level do I get silver, gold, platinum?

A floating week means that the week won't necessarily be the same every year. You would be purchasing a week within a time frame depending on what season you purchase. All of the for sale postings that are floating indicate in the "Details" area if they are gold or platinum. Please contact the owners for more information.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Jan 27, 2008

For title recording purposes, a new owner (resale or developer) will be assigned a specific week during their season. As an owner, they will be able to request/reserve any week during that season. Note, requests are not guaranteed and, as a long time owner, I can tell you that July-August weeks during platinum season are exceedingly difficult to get. We own in both floating seasons at NCV.

The seasons are approximately as follows: Gold = >Generally after Jan 1 to weekend after Memorial Day. For 2009, first check-in day is Jan 2 Platinum = Remainder of year, except for fixed weeks noted below Platinum Plus = Reserved week which includes July 4. This is a fixed week; same every year. Holiday = The week which includes Christmas and is a fixed week.

Hope that helps!

William M.
Mar 01, 2014

What is Red?

Kathy B.
Feb 23, 2017

I'm looking to purchase to a Mar Vista Hilton Vacation timeshare with a fixed week, in the contract it says, NO FLOATING, does mean that the specified week should be guaranteed every year in August? If I can't make it that week, because of work or something else, can I reschedule it or do I have to bank it for next year...its also a 7000 point deal...what does that mean.

Rene C.
Feb 26, 2022

Thank you So… if I want an August or September date should I buy a different week or season!?

Cindy D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.