The Gardens

Phase 2 is about to begin.

Feb 05, 2008

My partner and I are here now Feb 2 - 9. We went to the sales presentation, they are projecting the pool to be finished by June 08 in time for gay days at disney. 2nd bldg should be finished by Dec 08. Units are beautiful.

Rick E.
Mar 25, 2008

ricke23 wrote:
My partner and I are here now Feb 2 - 9. We went to the sales presentation, they are projecting the pool to be finished by June 08 in time for gay days at disney. 2nd bldg should be finished by Dec 08. Units are beautiful.
I agree, the units are spectacular. But it is March 25, and there is no sign of pool construction, the chance of a pool by June is almost zero. All in good time, I'm sure, as the developer here has deep pockets, and the patience it will take. But they've GOT to get started pretty soon!

Michael L.
Jan 05, 2010

We bought in October 2004. We were told that by 2005 the pool and phase 2 would begin. Here it is, 5 years later and we see no new construction begun and we see no pool. We were also supposed to have a facility for the owners in the form of a lounge. This never took place. It seems that The Gardens is at a permanent standstill. It is really a shame.

Louis M.
May 16, 2010

I agree. These people are the most gracious hosts, and so accomodating, and I've had a good time each time I visited, but they have this vision of the deal that breaks the deadlock being just around the corner, but they had a builder go bankrupt, a bank dumped their commitment and went under, new loans look promising, but don't happen. That swimming pool is just around the corner, year after year. I purchased my unit-week pre-construction, so you know I've been waiting. I don't think they are lying to us, just overly optomistic and in a bad spot, timing wise. The Parliament House next door is a little dated, but again, these people treat their guests very well, and so a stay at The Gardens affords one a luxury unit, with all the extra-unit ammenities being those of the P-house. I can live with that for a while, as I have, but in time...when do you give up the ship? I couldn't go this year due to health reasons, but look forward to my next visit.

Michael L.

Last edited by michaell184 on May 16, 2010 08:20 AM

May 16, 2010

We purchased at the Gardens, one of the first to do so in 2004. Regarding the upgrades to The Gardens, Seeing is believing. We do not believe it. We were given a great sales pitch with promises galore. It will be 6 years in October that these promises have not been fulfilled. We were to have an Owner's Lounge, a Pool, Boating and Retail shops along Orange Blossom Trail. We tried to sell the unit but after paying a service to sell it for us, we never heard from them regarding any interest in the unit. The units themselves are quite handsome. We have been treated very well by the staff. Our major complaint is that we did not get what we paid for after almost 6 years.

Louis M.

Last edited by louism67 on May 16, 2010 09:24 AM

Apr 08, 2012

this place is a joke!! they have been promising to build a pool, a restaurant, a fitness center, an owners lounge for over 10 years now and the only building that was ever completed is now sitting in a middle of an unfinished construction site, next to a gay bar, amidst a slew of drug dealers, hustlers and people soliciting for all kinds of " favors". The owners of the property own the gay motel next door and do not do anything to discourage this type of behavior or the people. I see from the posts here that people have been discussing the promised pool for years. This will never materialize, nor will any of the other "amenities" appear. Save your money, go somewhere else. Somewhere safer. Also, disney is not minutes away, it is 30 minutes away.

Clay H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.