preview the new redweek.com!

refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

Forum: General Discussion

page 1 of 9

«prev page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   next page»

Message Author

refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

I paid for the listing fees with my credit card. I was told by someone that if I file a dispute with my credit card company that I may be able to get a refund because they misrepresented themselves. Also, does anyone know about a lawsuit against these fraud websites. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Avatar for anthonyjj anthonyjj

6 years ago
Mar 14, 2008

refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

anthonyjj wrote:
I paid for the listing fees with my credit card. I was told by someone that if I file a dispute with my credit card company that I may be able to get a refund because they misrepresented themselves. Also, does anyone know about a lawsuit against these fraud websites. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

==========
You need to contact your credit card company. They will have the info for filing a dispute.

Avatar for mike1536 mike1536

6 years ago
Mar 14, 2008

refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

mike1536 wrote:
anthonyjj wrote:
I paid for the listing fees with my credit card. I was told by someone that if I file a dispute with my credit card company that I may be able to get a refund because they misrepresented themselves. Also, does anyone know about a lawsuit against these fraud websites. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

==========
You need to contact your credit card company. They will have the info for filing a dispute.

I have the information from my credit card company for the dispute,but what exact info do I have to put on for me to get my money back from these crooks. I am really upset by this, and how they can get away with this with a smile on there damn faces.

Avatar for anthonyjj anthonyjj

6 years ago
Mar 15, 2008

refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

anthonyjj wrote:
I have the information from my credit card company for the dispute,but what exact info do I have to put on for me to get my money back from these crooks. I am really upset by this, and how they can get away with this with a smile on there damn faces.


Until there's some sort of regulation regarding upfront fee resale companies, there's not much you can do until these thieves are caught by the media and exposed for their thievery.

They get away with their schemes because they advertise themselves as ad agencies, not real estate agencies, and they lie to the eenth degree telling prospective clients they can get mega bucks for their timeshare if only they will sign up with them and pay that upfront fee (in the hundreds of dollars) .... that's all they really want, the upfront fee.

I have said this many times before in these forums, I'd rather dig ditches to make a living than to outright lie to people like upfront fee parasites do. I don't see how they sleep at night, but some people would sell their children to make a quick buck .... absolutely no integrity or conscience involved. I imagine the turnover employee rate with upfront fee resale compaies must be astounding.

Avatar for jayjay jayjay

6 years ago
Mar 15, 2008

refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

anthonyjj wrote:
mike1536 wrote:
anthonyjj wrote:
I paid for the listing fees with my credit card. I was told by someone that if I file a dispute with my credit card company that I may be able to get a refund because they misrepresented themselves. Also, does anyone know about a lawsuit against these fraud websites. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

==========
You need to contact your credit card company. They will have the info for filing a dispute.

I have the information from my credit card company for the dispute,but what exact info do I have to put on for me to get my money back from these crooks. I am really upset by this, and how they can get away with this with a smile on there damn faces.

============
If you can show that you paid the company a fee and they did not provide the product or service, you may be able to dispute the charge. Did Sell My Timeshare Now list your unit on their website? If they did, that might have been all that was necessary to hold up there end of the deal (i.e. agree to try to sell/rent your TS). Unfortunately, if the written contract with Sell My Timeshare Now was for them to sell your unit, the fact they charged you a huge fee and told you it will sell in a few weeks might be irrelevant to the credit card company.

Avatar for mike1536 mike1536

6 years ago
Mar 16, 2008

refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

anthonyjj wrote:
I paid for the listing fees with my credit card. I was told by someone that if I file a dispute with my credit card company that I may be able to get a refund because they misrepresented themselves. Also, does anyone know about a lawsuit against these fraud websites. Any info would be greatly appreciated.


You should also go to the Better Business Bureau Online website:
http://www.bbbonline.org/consumer/complaint.asp
and file a complaint. I have been solicited heavily by the site you are talking about, and was *almost* sold....until I looked them up on the BBB website and saw how many complaints were already filed against them and how many have NOT been resolved!! Also, a realtor from another website advised me to try to sell my timeshare myself before using ANY of the pre-sale fee types, or the real estate brokers!
Good luck.

Avatar for dorothyh47 dorothyh47

6 years ago
Mar 16, 2008

refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

dorothyh47 wrote:
anthonyjj wrote:
I paid for the listing fees with my credit card. I was told by someone that if I file a dispute with my credit card company that I may be able to get a refund because they misrepresented themselves. Also, does anyone know about a lawsuit against these fraud websites. Any info would be greatly appreciated.


You should also go to the Better Business Bureau Online website:
http://www.bbbonline.org/consumer/complaint.asp
and file a complaint. I have been solicited heavily by the site you are talking about, and was *almost* sold....until I looked them up on the BBB website and saw how many complaints were already filed against them and how many have NOT been resolved!! Also, a realtor from another website advised me to try to sell my timeshare myself before using ANY of the pre-sale fee types, or the real estate brokers!
Good luck.

Thank you for all of your help.

Avatar for anthonyjj anthonyjj

6 years ago
Mar 17, 2008

refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

jayjay wrote:
anthonyjj wrote:
I have the information from my credit card company for the dispute,but what exact info do I have to put on for me to get my money back from these crooks. I am really upset by this, and how they can get away with this with a smile on there damn faces.


Until there's some sort of regulation regarding upfront fee resale companies, there's not much you can do until these thieves are caught by the media and exposed for their thievery.

They get away with their schemes because they advertise themselves as ad agencies, not real estate agencies, and they lie to the eenth degree telling prospective clients they can get mega bucks for their timeshare if only they will sign up with them and pay that upfront fee (in the hundreds of dollars) .... that's all they really want, the upfront fee.

I have said this many times before in these forums, I'd rather dig ditches to make a living than to outright lie to people like upfront fee parasites do. I don't see how they sleep at night, but some people would sell their children to make a quick buck .... absolutely no integrity or conscience involved. I imagine the turnover employee rate with upfront fee resale compaies must be astounding.


My name is Jason Tremblay. I am the CEO of SellMyTimeshareNOW.com. We are the fastest growing resale company in the industry because our service works. We generate an average of $7million per week in offers to rent and purchase timeshares through our website. This can be substantiated. As a result there are countless brokers and charities that happily pay to advertise on our website. Furthermore, we are an accredited business with the BBB. We do NOT have unresolved complaints. Visit http://concord.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=104&bbb=0051&firm=92008632 for proof. Our business is no different than any other advertising website. Why do businesses pay $800 to advertise on a site like www.monster.com? Because they know that monster.com has the traffic. Our business is similar. We drive more traffic to our website than any online competitor through search engine rankings. This may be why ARDA has asked me to speak at their internet marketing forum at their national convention in Las Vegas.

Understand, we recognize that there are resale companies that have made it a practice to charge money and not offer a service in return. We think that is unfortunate and are confident that time will expose these businesses. We take a different approach. We realize that our future success is built on the success of our customers. Last year I spent over $1million on targeted
"buyer" marketing campaigns. The result is tens of thousands of buyers shopping our site daily and 2-3,000 buyers making offers on properties weekly. These are all facts I can substantiate.

Regarding the customer that started this thread, I suggest that he/she contact our customer service department if they have a complaint. If the complaint is legitimate we will do the right thing. Always have, always will. Customer care can be reached by calling (877) 815-4227 or email customercare@sellmytimesharenow.com

Our company is a full service resale solution. We also own www.timesharehotdeal.com which is a licensed real estate brokerage. For clients not wanting to advertise by owner, we will happily charge a commission on "the back end". visit timesharehotdeal.com or timesharebrokerservices.com for details.

Lastly, if replies to this post consist of more name-calling I will withdraw from the thread. I'm extremely busy. However, I'd be happy to engage in a healthy debate over business models. Also, just wondering, Jay Jay, are you compensated in any way by Redweek to post in this forum?

Avatar for jasont53 jasont53

6 years ago
Mar 17, 2008

refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

jasont53 wrote:
jayjay wrote:
anthonyjj wrote:
I have the information from my credit card company for the dispute,but what exact info do I have to put on for me to get my money back from these crooks. I am really upset by this, and how they can get away with this with a smile on there damn faces.


Until there's some sort of regulation regarding upfront fee resale companies, there's not much you can do until these thieves are caught by the media and exposed for their thievery.

They get away with their schemes because they advertise themselves as ad agencies, not real estate agencies, and they lie to the eenth degree telling prospective clients they can get mega bucks for their timeshare if only they will sign up with them and pay that upfront fee (in the hundreds of dollars) .... that's all they really want, the upfront fee.

I have said this many times before in these forums, I'd rather dig ditches to make a living than to outright lie to people like upfront fee parasites do. I don't see how they sleep at night, but some people would sell their children to make a quick buck .... absolutely no integrity or conscience involved. I imagine the turnover employee rate with upfront fee resale compaies must be astounding.


My name is Jason Tremblay. I am the CEO of SellMyTimeshareNOW.com. We are the fastest growing resale company in the industry because our service works. We generate an average of $7million per week in offers to rent and purchase timeshares through our website. This can be substantiated. As a result there are countless brokers and charities that happily pay to advertise on our website. Furthermore, we are an accredited business with the BBB. We do NOT have unresolved complaints. Visit http://concord.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=104&bbb=0051&firm=92008632 for proof. Our business is no different than any other advertising website. Why do businesses pay $800 to advertise on a site like www.monster.com? Because they know that monster.com has the traffic. Our business is similar. We drive more traffic to our website than any online competitor through search engine rankings. This may be why ARDA has asked me to speak at their internet marketing forum at their national convention in Las Vegas.

Understand, we recognize that there are resale companies that have made it a practice to charge money and not offer a service in return. We think that is unfortunate and are confident that time will expose these businesses. We take a different approach. We realize that our future success is built on the success of our customers. Last year I spent over $1million on targeted
"buyer" marketing campaigns. The result is tens of thousands of buyers shopping our site daily and 2-3,000 buyers making offers on properties weekly. These are all facts I can substantiate.

Regarding the customer that started this thread, I suggest that he/she contact our customer service department if they have a complaint. If the complaint is legitimate we will do the right thing. Always have, always will. Customer care can be reached by calling (877) 815-4227 or email customercare@sellmytimesharenow.com

Our company is a full service resale solution. We also own www.timesharehotdeal.com which is a licensed real estate brokerage. For clients not wanting to advertise by owner, we will happily charge a commission on "the back end". visit timesharehotdeal.com or timesharebrokerservices.com for details.

Lastly, if replies to this post consist of more name-calling I will withdraw from the thread. I'm extremely busy. However, I'd be happy to engage in a healthy debate over business models. Also, just wondering, Jay Jay, are you compensated in any way by Redweek to post in this forum?

First of all, I was given a market analysis on my timeshare that it was worth much more then it really was, and that I would get offers. I was told by the salesperson that I would def get offers and because I am so aggressive in my pricing that I would be fine. I am currently the lowest on the site for the resort my timeshare is in by thousands of dollars. I have gotton one offer that I accepted but the buyer never came through. I was lied to by your salesperson and your company. Please tell how your system works? I meet all the requirements that my timeshare would at least get offers, correct? I am the lowest on the site by thousands, flexible in pricing, check my emails daily. The offers that people give to buy timeshares, why not keep track of how many sell and for how much? I hope to get a refund because I was LIED TO AND TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF. If you are the CEO then refund my money. It was 399.00.

Avatar for anthonyjj anthonyjj

6 years ago
Mar 18, 2008

refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

jasont53 wrote:
Until there's some sort of regulation regarding upfront fee resale companies, there's not much you can do until these thieves are caught by the media and exposed for their thievery.

They get away with their schemes because they advertise themselves as ad agencies, not real estate agencies, and they lie to the eenth degree telling prospective clients they can get mega bucks for their timeshare if only they will sign up with them and pay that upfront fee (in the hundreds of dollars) .... that's all they really want, the upfront fee.

I have said this many times before in these forums, I'd rather dig ditches to make a living than to outright lie to people like upfront fee parasites do. I don't see how they sleep at night, but some people would sell their children to make a quick buck .... absolutely no integrity or conscience involved. I imagine the turnover employee rate with upfront fee resale compaies must be astounding.


My name is Jason Tremblay. I am the CEO of SellMyTimeshareNOW.com. We are the fastest growing resale company in the industry because our service works. We generate an average of $7million per week in offers to rent and purchase timeshares through our website. This can be substantiated. As a result there are countless brokers and charities that happily pay to advertise on our website. Furthermore, we are an accredited business with the BBB. We do NOT have unresolved complaints. Visit http://concord.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=104&bbb=0051&firm=92008632 for proof. Our business is no different than any other advertising website. Why do businesses pay $800 to advertise on a site like www.monster.com? Because they know that monster.com has the traffic. Our business is similar. We drive more traffic to our website than any online competitor through search engine rankings. This may be why ARDA has asked me to speak at their internet marketing forum at their national convention in Las Vegas.

Understand, we recognize that there are resale companies that have made it a practice to charge money and not offer a service in return. We think that is unfortunate and are confident that time will expose these businesses. We take a different approach. We realize that our future success is built on the success of our customers. Last year I spent over $1million on targeted
"buyer" marketing campaigns. The result is tens of thousands of buyers shopping our site daily and 2-3,000 buyers making offers on properties weekly. These are all facts I can substantiate.

Regarding the customer that started this thread, I suggest that he/she contact our customer service department if they have a complaint. If the complaint is legitimate we will do the right thing. Always have, always will. Customer care can be reached by calling (877) 815-4227 or email customercare@sellmytimesharenow.com

Our company is a full service resale solution. We also own www.timesharehotdeal.com which is a licensed real estate brokerage. For clients not wanting to advertise by owner, we will happily charge a commission on "the back end". visit timesharehotdeal.com or timesharebrokerservices.com for details.

Lastly, if replies to this post consist of more name-calling I will withdraw from the thread. I'm extremely busy. However, I'd be happy to engage in a healthy debate over business models. Also, just wondering, Jay Jay, are you compensated in any way by Redweek to post in this forum?

Jason, you have posted in these forums before advertising your upfront fee resale company scam and trying to justify your services. As long as you CHARGE an UPFRONT FEE in the hundreds of dollars to list a timeshare with your company, then you will be comdemned on this forum and all other timeshare forums on the internet.

All you have to do is a search (top right hand corner of this page under 'I want to search ....' then enter upfront fee resale companies) and see where literally hundreds of people have posted how they've been taken by UPFRONT FEE RESALE COMPANIES with absolutely nothing in return to them. You might also research your own company to see all the negative responses regarding it.

The only way for resale companies to gain a positive reputation is to stop the lies (telling prospective clients that you can get mega bucks for their timeshare when you KNOW that's an outright lie) and charging UPFRONT FEES along with those lies.

And, no, I do not get paid to post on Redweek's forums. I post here to educate Redweek members on timesharing, and my number ONE pet peeve concerning timesharing is UPFRONT FEE RESALE COMPANY PARASITE SCAMS.

And, last but not least, I don't imagine you're nearly as busy as you were before your scam was brought to light via the internet. I realize that education regarding UPFRONT FEE RESALE COMPANY scams must stick in your craw bigtime, meaning far less money for your scam company ... thank heaven for the internet AND I don't think I would be advertising on the internet that I was the CEO of such a scam operation. I honestly don't see how you sleep at night, however in the laws of the universe, "what goes around comes around".

Why don't you use your skills as a CEO and business man to start a legitimate company like a timeshare resale company that charges a fee AFTER THE SALE?

Last edit by jayjay on Mar 18, 2008 09:33 AM.

Avatar for jayjay jayjay

6 years ago
Mar 18, 2008

refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

Mr. Tremblay,

I followed everything to a "T" that you discussed. Including my currently not resolved complaint with the BBB. After my initial conversation with your agent I asked him to call back in an hour because I really didn't trust what he was saying because it didn't sound right and when he called back I recorded a phone conversation between your agent and myself as he was making promises of sale and within a 90 day time frame, he went as far as saying he guranteed my timeshare would sell. I called your customer care center and emailed back and forth with a woman from there. Finally she asked me to send the tape recorded conversation. I made a copy of the tape and mailed it certified mail so I know that it was received, USPS said it got there but wouldn't you know it your agents never received it. I am in the process of seeking legal advice on this issue, and I hope for all those that have been lied to that I can get some resolve. So please Mr. CEO don't say there is currently no unresolved issues with the BBB, I can fax you my paperwork from them if you would like. I am owed $599.00 for false advertisement and business practices and until I see it I will not rest. Thank you for your time.

Robert D. Shannon
Ad# 598897

Avatar for roberts1014 roberts1014

5 years ago
Dec 05, 2008

Telephone conversations and tape recorders...

roberts1014 states in (unfortunate) relevant part:
>>...when he called back I recorded a phone conversation between your agent and myself...<<

Let me first state that I have absolutely no use for ANY of these upfront fee operations. In my opinion, they are a useless, malodorous, parasitic scourge on the timeshare landscape.

That clearly stated, just as piece of information for Robert, it is unlawful to record telephone conversations without the advance knowledge of the other party. If you have a tape recording, I sincerely hope that it starts out with your recorded voice very clearly stating "I am (your name) and I am hereby making you aware that I am recording this telephone conversation".

Do you by chance remember the name Linda Tripp?
She was the woman who taped a telephone conversation with a woman of brief national notoriety named Monica Lewinsky (...think President Bill Clinton), without Ms. Lewinsky's knowledge. Ms. Tripp was later prosecuted for her recording efforts --- in and by the state of Maryland, if I recall the jurisdiction correctly.

You have mentioned seeking legal counsel. When you do that, I respectfully suggest that you also promptly mention to your attorney your foray into telephone call recording. He or she will surely want to learn about that sooner rather than later --- and preferably from you rather than from someone else. You might want to also mention that you then chose to provide a copy of the tape to the very entity you unlawfully recorded --- and used the U.S. Mail to transport the unlawful recording. I think your attorney will very likely want to know all of these things...

Good luck. I don't think you have much chance of getting your money back from these upfront fee parasites, whose sole objective of taking your money has already been successfully accomplished, but I nonetheless sincerely wish you luck and success in your efforts.

Last edit by ken1193 on Dec 05, 2008 01:06 PM.

Avatar for ken1193 ken1193

5 years ago
Dec 05, 2008

Telephone conversations and tape recorders...

Ken1193,

Thank you for your concern good buddy. First if you read through my last posting you will not find anywhere in there that I illegaly recorded anyone, second the tape I have on hand clearly has the agent saying yes when I asked him if it is ok to record, third if they aren't going to refund the $599.00 to me, what makes you think they would spend $1,000's of dollars to attempt to come after me if I had in fact recorded illegally. Fourth they claimed to have never received the tape so it would be great to see them produce their copy into any evidence, fifth my recorded call was not used for criminal purposes at all. Sixth you jumped the gun when you assumed my recording of the tape doesn't have the agent consenting. Anyway thanks for you law lesson Ken I hope to debate a little more with you in the future.

Avatar for roberts1014 roberts1014

5 years ago
Dec 05, 2008

Telephone conversations and tape recorders...

roberts1014:
For the record, I made NONE of the assumptions which you have inaccurately attributed to me above. You clearly did NOT initially indicate in any way that your phone conversation was recorded with the knowledge and consent of the other party. With that directly relevant and critically important piece of information missing, I merely made (with no assumptions at all) an objective and factual observation on a matter of established law --- no more, no less.

Prosecution, by the way, costs the other party virtually NOTHING. Actual prosecution is initiated by state or federal authorities (e.g., district attorneys' office, U.S. Attorney's office). I provided one very specifc example which I believed would be easily recognized, because of the national publicity it commanded at the time, merely to illustrate the potential legal consequences of a telephone recording made without the knowledge of BOTH parties (court authorized "wiretaps" are obviously an entirely different matter).

I am not seeking pointless "debate" --- present or future. I genuinely hope that YOU prevail in this matter (although I am doubtful). I do NOT in any way support ANY opportunistic "upfront fee" parasite operation. On the contrary, I have only unmitigated contempt for ALL of them. It is my fervent hope that legislation (preferably Federal) will someday curtail their sleazy, deceptive practices and put them all out of business, forcing them all to go earn a more honest living instead.

Last edit by ken1193 on Dec 06, 2008 10:10 AM.

Avatar for ken1193 ken1193

5 years ago
Dec 05, 2008

refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

The laws against recording telephone conversations varies. Federal law requires one party to the conversation to be aware of the recording. If the taper is aware he is taping, then that requirement is satisfied. Some states have more restrictive laws and some do not. Missouri has the same requirement as federal law, that only one party be aware of the recording. So watch what you say.

Avatar for garym262 garym262

5 years ago
Dec 10, 2008

refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

t

Last edit by jasonm150 on Dec 11, 2008 08:07 PM.

Avatar for jasonm150 jasonm150

5 years ago
Dec 11, 2008

Message deleted.

Last edit by mikes592 on Dec 30, 2008 02:56 AM.

Avatar for mikes592 mikes592

5 years ago
Dec 30, 2008

refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

Jay Jay i agreed with you 100%. I listed my time share with this company like a year ago i dont even remember the date. The offered to get me a lot of money for my timeshare and yes i dont mind listing what they call your as number392761. After u paid my money, i never got contact form this compay, it is all lies. they promised you the world. is there any way i could get my money back? please let me know.

thank you
JG

Avatar for juang47 juang47

5 years ago
Mar 04, 2009

refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

I also listed my timeshare with this company around a year ago. I have not had any contact from them and did not get ANY offers for my timeshare. I was told that this timeshare sells a lot and that my price was very competitive and that I would get offers for sure.

I am so angry and frustrated. For one thing, I have a timeshare I can't use (we can't get that much vacation so the weeks go unused) and then I get screwed when trying to sell it. If anyone knows how to get our money back from this company, I would appreciate it.

Thank you!

Avatar for nehac nehac

5 years ago
Mar 05, 2009

refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

I also had a bad experience with sellmytimesharenow.com I went on their website and all the write up about timeshares sounds so exciting and trustworthy and believeable. I decided to call them up to sell my timeshare. I got a fast talking sales
women who convinced me,but there was somethings that was too good to be true, but I fell for her fast talk because I was desperate and I had just bought my timeshare and had no idea
what I was doing. So I told her I did not have all the money she ask for I would give her I think it was $250 and pay the balance in one or two weeks time she said, ok in the mean time she would put the add up. I check back on the web site and yes the add was up Iwas even given an add number but some thing did'nt look right with the add any way she called for the rest of the money and so I paid her $120 and balance her still I just felt something was not right the third time she called I told her as a matter of fact it was another sales woman called demanding the rest of the money and I told her I did not have the money and if I could get a refund of my money back and she said no because I had sign the contract she said the balance that I owed I could keep. I know that these people were just after my money and nothing eles and its very sad the lies, the deceites, expecially when you don't know what the HELL you are in. I am not listening to know CEO all of them are the same the orders comes from the CEOS
Why can't every one be honest and candid we all needs to eat.

Avatar for yvettew19 yvettew19

5 years ago
May 27, 2009

page 1 of 9

«prev page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   next page»

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests
Log in or sign up for free

I Want To…

Attention Gmail Users

Google Phishing Scam »

Casting Call

Get free, professional photos of your next timeshare vacation!

Learn more »