General Discussion

refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

Aug 15, 2009

My advice is to file a complaint with the Attorney General in the state where the above business and Mr. Tremblay is located ..... this is the ONLY way these parasites will be put out of business, period.

R P.
Aug 16, 2009

I had once contacted via website one of the timeshare resale companies and so help me I don't remember which company it was. Anyway after hearing their spill, I told them that I was not going to pay anything up front. I told them that if they had so many people just waiting to buy time shares then sell mine and I would pay them for selling it AFTER the sale, not before. I told them that I could list it on e-bay or the website just as good as they could.

The end results of that conversation was I told them that I would not pay any up front fees or any kind. Sell it and then I would pay plus costs of sale that were reasonable. They would not agree so we parted company.......So I thought. Not the case, they continually called me trying to let me list my timeshare. I also got calls from unrelated companies just like them which I did not ask for. I guess they either sold my cell phone number or was working with the other companies, maybe splitting the listing charge.

Finally the last one I heard from was so rude when I told him that I would not pay anyone 1 copper/clad penny up front. He said then, Fine just loose your timeshare in forclosure. I then advised him how unprofessional he was and advised him that my timeshare we in fact paid for and nothing owed not even maintenance fees and I did not appreciate his assumption that I could not or had not paid for it or fees.

I had already advised him the reason for selling was I had OWNED it for 4 years and after I bought it I got a little dog and the timeshare would not allow pets so I had never visited the timeshare. I guess he was just too eager to get the listing fees that he did not listen too closely to the reason I was selling.

This said to tell everyone not to sell or rent your timeshare through any kind of place like the ones that I dealt with. I have not dealt with Redweek or I don't know about them but I can say that their fees are well within reason.

I am attempting to sell my timeshare through craig's list and have had 2 hits so far. If unsuccessful I might list on Redweek either to rent or sell.

Thomas G.

Last edited by thomasg195 on Aug 16, 2009 01:26 PM

Sep 25, 2009

Send somebody(Guido) to their office to collect.

Paul B.
Oct 02, 2009

I too have tried to sell my timeshare for almost two years. I have listed with another company but nothing. So did anyone of you were able to get a refund or able to sale your timeshare since the post of this thread?

Stacey T.
Oct 30, 2009

I signed up for rental ads with an upfront fee. The agent also lied about the number of ads and time that I had to list the properties. I am still thinking about sending a dispute to my credit card company. If just one property would successfully rent, I would be OK with the situation. Has anyone had success with renting their timeshare?

Esther D.
Oct 30, 2009

esther63 wrote:
I signed up for rental ads with an upfront fee. The agent also lied about the number of ads and time that I had to list the properties. I am still thinking about sending a dispute to my credit card company. If just one property would successfully rent, I would be OK with the situation. Has anyone had success with renting their timeshare?

It depends on the supply and demand of the timeshare and time you own as to whether or not it is rentable. Never, ever pay an upfront fee in the hundreds of dollars to have some scam company list your timeshare for rent .... all they want is the upfront fee, they have no intention of renting out your timeshare.

If your timeshare is rentable (supply and demand), you can list it on low cost sites such as Redweek, My Resort Network and other timeshare ad sites that will get far more attention than any upfront fee scam company.

R P.
Oct 30, 2009

I agree with you. But, this is after the fact. The company has charged $399 against my credit card and my statement just came in yesterday. I am deciding if I should give the company a chance to make good on the deal, or dispute the charge, based on the lying and change of terms. Also, the agent did not explain that they take 25% commission on the rent.

Esther D.
Oct 30, 2009

All timeshare resale or rental companies that ask for an upfront fee are scams. Sorry to burst your bubble. SellMyTimeshareNow is no different. Basically what they are is a Web site that happens to list a bunch of properties that nobody is going to see. I unfortunately got duped and am now out $599.

This company is not a rental agency. They are not a realtor and are not licensed to sell your timeshare. All they are is an advertising agency, a very expensive craigslist, except with much more competition!

My advice to you would be to get your money back anyway you can. If you paid by Visa, most companies will only let you claim fraud for up to 60 days. Don't give them a chance to "make good on the deal" because I guarantee you that they will not. You will end up feeling victimized in the end.

By the way, this company has a "D" rating with the NH BBB.

The BBB gives this statement on their Web site regarding companies like this:

"If you've been contacted by a company offering to sell or rent your timeshare, the BBB advises using caution, especially if an advance fee is involved. While these companies claim to have ready buyers or renters, imply they are representing foreign investors; or that corporations are interested, most are just offering to advertise your timeshare for sale. Do not confuse the service of an advertising or marketing company with those of a real estate company. In most real estate transactions it is the buyer who puts up a desposit and the real estate company gets its commission from the seller only after the deal closes. Ask if the company's salepeople are licensed to sell real estate or whether they are selling an advertising program. If you're contacted by a marketing service, don't allow the caller to pressure you into making a hurried decision. Request detailed written information about the company's services, find out where they currently advertise and visit other Internet listings the company may have. Most company's can not tell you whether a timeshare has rented or sold because these are generally "For Sale (or Rent) By Owner advertisements. Fees for timeshare listing services can range from $295-$600 with little guarantee that your unit will be sold or rented. Be sure to get all promises in writing, but remember that even then, those promises are only as good as the company that stands behind them."

Rich M.
Oct 30, 2009

I think I will send in the dispute. Fortunately, I have several e-mails that document that they told me things that were not true and the agent apologized in the e-mail. When I asked for a refund at the time of the charge, they refused. So, I think my case is pretty good to win the dispute. I will send copies of the e-mails with my dispute. I can show that they were dishonest and unwilling to credit my account back. I will let you know.

Esther D.
Oct 30, 2009

I was sucker'd out of $599 and never once got a inquiry let alone a call back from this company. This was two years ago and I continue to send emails in hopes to get a response. No luck. Just filed a complaint with the BBB - next step will be the Atty General's Office in New Hampshire.

Julie P.
Nov 21, 2009

Report these scam companies to the Attorney General in the state the company is located.

R P.
Dec 05, 2009

My sales theifs name is Joshua Odess. He told me that my unit was priced to sell quick, well it hasn't. the reason i want to get rid of it is b/c the maint fees have gone up from 337.00 to 739.00 in 6 yrs, what a joke! oh yeah, i only own 2 weeks/3yrs, that 739.00 for 2 weeks, what a joke! how do they get away with this, they should be put in jail! if we stole $ from someone we'd be in jail! I will call my cc co tomorrow, that seems to be my only move & the bbb in NH. thanks to all whom posted .

TIMESHARES SHOULD BE OUTLAWED! John

John C.
Dec 06, 2009

Robert,

Did you ever get any satisfaction from the company, or any resolution at all?

Fred S.

Fred S.
Dec 06, 2009

I wish you a lot of luck in getting some money back! Any luck so far?

Fred S.
Dec 06, 2009

Ever get your money back? Has the credit card company helped in any way ( that is, if you tried to get their help by disputing the charge)?

Fred S

Fred S.
Dec 06, 2009

Has Redweek been of any help? Their price is certainly reasonable enough!

Fred S

Fred S.
Dec 06, 2009

Ebram,

I hate to say it, but you have a point!

Real tempting....

Fred S.
Dec 06, 2009

Stacey,

Any luck, to date, in selling?

Fred S

Fred S.
Dec 06, 2009

Are you still stuck with your timeshare?

Fred s

Fred S.
Dec 06, 2009

I placed a dispute, I'll post when I get an answer.

"TIMESHARES SHALL BE OUTLAWED"

Johnny C

John C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.