General Discussion

refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

Dec 06, 2009

copy & paste this link to see the table in the next msg.

http://www.bbb.org/concord/business-reviews/timeshare-resale-and-rental-marketing/sellmytimesharenow-in-dover-nh-92008632#ratingdetails

John C.

Last edited by johnc1363 on Dec 06, 2009 10:08 AM

Dec 06, 2009

Based on the table below, it appears that allot of us are not complaining.

The information in the table below represents an industry comparison of businesses which are of the same relative size. This is based on BBB's database of businesses. Businesses may engage in more than one type of business. The percent of time the business engages in a type of business is not accounted for. There is no known industry standard for the number of complaints a business can expect. The volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by BBB.

Complaints in the past 36 months Size of Business 0 1-4 5-25 26-99 100+ Smallest 29 15 3 1 - | 5 - 8 *2 - | 1 2 - - - | - - - - - | - - - - - V - - - - - Biggest - - - - - SellMyTimeshareNow, LLC is in this range.

John C.

Last edited by johnc1363 on Dec 06, 2009 10:07 AM

Dec 06, 2009

I do not know anything other than as of 12/6/2009 sellmetimeshare.com is not accredited by BBB.

Jim B.
Dec 06, 2009

actually i believe SellMyTimeshareNow, LLC rates a "D" on the scale from A+ - F based on 80 complaints and 1 unresolved complaint, although SellMyTimeshareNow, LLC has settled about 20 of the 80 cases and in about another 10 cases the BBB cloased the case administratively since it determined that SellMyTimeshareNow, LLC made a reasonable offer that was not accepted by the other disputant and in about 10 cases the claims were not substantiated by the other disputant.

Jim B.
Dec 11, 2009

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!! I got my refund of 599.00 1. If you want your money back, just tell them, you have to get it! 2. File BBB complaint

JohnNYC

John C.
Jan 05, 2010

I think we can all agree we got taken. The best thing to do is publicly make this matter known. I too paid the amount of almost $800.00 and was told to go to Google and type in their info and then hit I feel lucky instead of search. I have never gotten any responses from them, and I have since stayed at the condo where our timeshare is. It was great until thr rooms next to us became occupied. Then it was very noisy, All I can say is suck it up that you did something like this and got screwed. Consider this a lesson learned.

Barbara N.
Jan 11, 2010

I would disregard the comments from any of the principals of SellMyTimeshareNow, LLC. What do you think they are going to say.?

They have D rating from the Better Business Bureau on a scale of A-F. Enter their zip code of 03820 along with their name and see for yourself

I agree with others that they will advise you on a price then you find out that the SAME timeshare you own is advertised for 50% less than what they advised you of. They want their upfront fee period and obviously do not care about their reputation

Christie V.
Jan 12, 2010

christiev3 wrote:
They want their upfront fee period and obviously do not care about their reputation

You are indeed correct .... all they want is your upfront fee ... as far as their reputation, the only thing they care about is if their scam is publicized which hurts their bottom line .... and that's what us regulars are here to do .... publicize/out the scammers.

R P.
Feb 02, 2010

I cannot speak to the firm's good faith when it comes to sales, but for whatever its worth, I paid Sellmytimesharenow the $500 fee to rent each of two timeshares I own in the Carribbean, and have actually had great success with them. I received about 15 direct responses from individuals last year on one ad (I rented it to the 2nd one, 10 months in advance). The other had only two responses, but one was through the firm's sales office and that resulted in a rental

Robert B.

Last edited by marty8084 on Feb 03, 2010 05:25 PM

Feb 03, 2010

robertb1128 wrote:
I cannot speak to the firm's good faith when it comes to sales, but for whatever its worth, I paid Sellmytimesharenow the $500 fee to rent each of two timeshares I own in the Carribbean, and have actually had great success with them. I received about 15 direct responses from individuals last year on one ad (I rented it to the 2nd one, 10 months in advance). The other had only two responses, but one was through the firm's sales office and that resulted in a rental Note: I have week 52, which is relatively easy to rent and I try to set a reasonable fee.

The problem is you could have saved yourself a lot of money had you listed your week yourself on timeshare ad sites such as Redweek and other popular sites on the internet.

R P.
Feb 03, 2010

To Whom It May Concern,

It has been noted that the BBB’s new rating system rates all timeshare resale companies very low. This is due to the overall reputation of the timeshare industry. We pride ourselves in showing our clients and the BBB how we are different than other resale companies. There is no question it will take time to change the reputation of the industry. Until then, we will continue to provide excellent service.

Our company can make no guarantees that a timeshare will rent or sell within a specific time period. What we can promise is to work for our clients, helping assist them maintain their advertisements, provide their advertisement with the most exposure possible, connect them to potential buyers and renters, and offer advertising strategies. Any time our customers contact us with questions or concerns, we address them immediately and every effort is made to reach a resolution with our clients within the boundaries of our policies.

As always, we encourage you to contact our Customer Care department for further questions or concerns at 877-815-4227 x 5352 or CustomerCare@SellMyTimeshareNOW.com. Sell My Timeshare NOW is a company based on professionalism and integrity with customer satisfaction as our priority.

Sincerely,

Angela Catanzaro Customer Care Manager www.SellMyTimeshareNow.Com

CustomerCare S.
Feb 04, 2010

customercares wrote:
What we can promise is to work for our clients, helping assist them maintain their advertisements, provide their advertisement with the most exposure possible, connect them to potential buyers and renters, and offer advertising strategies.

What you say your company provides is the exact same thing all other upfront fee scam companies say they provide .... you are NO different IF you require an upfront fee, period.

R P.
Feb 04, 2010

After re-reading this entire thread I see that the owner of Sell My Timeshare Now, Jason Trembely, has also tried to justify his company in a previous post on this thread .... have you and your employee not read all the negative testimonials on the internet concerning your company and then you get one of you socalled employees to come back and try to post that your company is legit.

Everyone that's been taken by your company needs to file a complaint with the Florida attorney general (research contact info) and hopefully you and all upfront fee scam companies will be put out of business one day .... this is my goal. It might be time for you to look for another line of work, Mr. Trembley. The attorney general has already shut down some upfront fee scam companies like yours in Florida.

R P.
Feb 24, 2010

I'm so glad I found this website. I'm am definitely interested in getting a refund because I feel the same way you do. They do misrepresent themselves. I paid for a service I am not getting. Let me know what you've learned and what I should do as well.

Nakia Q.
Feb 25, 2010

nakiaq wrote:
I'm so glad I found this website. I'm am definitely interested in getting a refund because I feel the same way you do. They do misrepresent themselves. I paid for a service I am not getting. Let me know what you've learned and what I should do as well.

What you need to do, besides contacting the attorney general, is to file a class action lawsuit (you'll need to get others that's been ripped off by the company to join the lawsuit) .... you can find class action attorneys (that charge nothing unless they win) by googling 'class action attorneys/firms'.

R P.
Feb 25, 2010

Friends,

I own a timeshare and am seriously considering how best to sell it. In reading this thread I am struck by some thoughts. 1) Sellmytimesharenow is really just advertising sites that agrees to post your ad, try to get people to look at it, then route any questions or offers to you that may come in. 2) You can't hire a real estate agent to sell your time share for $500, but you can advertise it for that. 3) These Sellmytimeshare people will act as your real estate agent and take payment AFTER the sale if you want them to. They take a commision just like any other real estate broker would and its more like $1,500.

So here is what I don't get. All the people complaining on this site do not seem to understand the difference in what they asked this company to do. If you ask them to advertise your timeshare as a FSBO for $500, why do you fel they are obligated to act like a real estate agent that should be paid a significant commission? Is this just a group of cheap people looking to hire an agent but not pay for agent services? They offer a traditional deal to be paid a commission after the sale, but you chose not to sign up for that, because you are trying to pay the price for one thing, then complain that you did not get something else entirely.

To put $500 in perspective, I just sold the family house in Florida. As the house was going up for sale, one of the neighbors was interested in the house and made an offer before we signed up the real estate agent. Since I live in Michigan and needed someone to handle the sale, I asked the agent to handle it for a simple transaction fee. The agent handled all the paperwork, closing, etc and I had their bond to back up that this would all be done properly. I agreed to pay them $2,500 for their serivces. I checked with our atorney in the area and it was not really any cheaper. This is called a market rate for serives.

The point is that you get what you pay for. If you think you are paying sellmytimeshare to be a real estate agent for $500, you do not understand what things cost. If you get that you are paying $500 to ADVERTISE your time share on a WEBSITE and get some help in fielding offers, then you get it. You just have to decide what this is worth to you. If you want them to advertise it, pay the $500. If you want them to be your agent pay the commission.

Paul

Paul H.
Feb 26, 2010

Real estate agents cannot require upfront fees for listing houses for sale .... that's the big difference between them and timeshare upfront fee resale companies .... a legitimate timeshare resale company should take their fees after they sell at closing as realtors do.

Also, many upfront fee resale companies are lying to people telling them someone is waiting to buy their timeshare for big bucks, then when they get the credit card number and the upfront fee, they then tell the seller the buyers couldn't get financing, backed out or other lies but they keep the upfront fee .... this is deceitful, fraudulant and a scam.

Your situation is completely different ..... you paid for a service rendered .... apples to oranges.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Feb 26, 2010 01:40 PM

Apr 08, 2010

Paul H, I think you have a very good point. I have read through this thread and wonder what folks are complaining about also. I just bought a Orlando Resale through another company. It was priced decent, etc.. The inventory was high, so I wonder how many get chosen or looked at. But I also tried to sell a vehicle before I bought the timeshare. I went on craigs list, my friend told me about it, and it was free. I got scammed and spammed wost than any timeshare company could ever do. 2 months later am still get spam. So I paid for an add that cost me $299 with 5 pictures and eventually sold it. Advertising cost money in case no one knew that. Everyone promises, and like Paul said "law of supply and demand". JayJay you obviously from reading these post have made yourself a "self proclaimed timeshare resale company hater" of which I am sure you have reason. You appear to miss represent for your own reasons. Maybe you work for Redweek, you promote them enough. I can tell you through a simple search in Google, or Bing only a few companies come up consistently. Certainly not Redweek or the other forumm Tug. When i advertise something I want the most exposure, Neither of your referenced companies has that on the web. Bottom line is and advertising company is an advertising company, you pay a fee. Try placing an ad in a local newspaper, theres something to cry about. Sorry, but I feel as though an advertising company is just that, AN ADVERTISING COMPANY, what is so hard to understand there. I hope my timeshare works out. But if not, on the resale market it goes, and yes a resale company.

Steve N.
Apr 08, 2010

If any timeshare resale company requires an upfront fee then they are scams ... would you pay a real estate company an upfront fee to advertise your home .... the answer is no, it's illegal .... the socalled upfront fee advertising companies only want your credit card # .... they have no interest in selling your timeshare .... and yes, I am a 'self-proclaimed upfront fee timeshare resale company hater' .... I do not work for Redweek, I'm merely a previous timeshare owner that posts on Redweek's forums about all the scams out there relating to timeshare of which upfront fee resale companies are my main PET PEEVE .... I hope to see the day when they are all shut down by states attorneys general.

It's evident that you're a shill that works for a upfront fee resale company and, due to internet timeshare forums such as Redweek and others, your business is failing ... maybe it's time to look for another line of work.

Education = power.

R P.
Apr 08, 2010

jayjay, your response just goes to show how really unfortunate you are. For the sake of the forum I won't say what I wanted. Anyone who disagrees with you - you frame as a "shill", wow have to look that one up, and you insult them with your petty name calling. I am a timeshare owner, not quite as experienced as you, and don't appreciate your ignorant spats to those of us who happen to have a different opinion. I have not dealt with the resale company on renting or selling a timeshare. I merely bought one, and that went well. I thought I might get some intelligent information on here, but seems as though you are the main principle so might as well just move on. Redweek would do themselves a favor and drop you from there forum, but then again you post all day about them so might as well keep there biggest advocate on here, maybe someone should question your moral principle there. An "upfront fee", or advertising cost as an intelligent person would call it is legal. If they advertise your product, they have the right to charge you for that advertisement. you have the right to say "NO" and go ahead and advertise on craigs list and get spam all day, or advertise somewhere else. I am not sticking up for resale companies or claiming they are right. As far as paying a real estate company an advertising cost, no I wouldn't. But you have the ability to sell your house By Owner on many websites that do charge and advertising fee. I really think you are a confused person or someone who just doesn't understand business models, and the difference between advertising and not. I think car leasing is a scam? But millions of people do it, and then get taken upon returning there car. I did it once and will never to it again. But I had the option to not lease. It sounded good, great salesman, and I signed. Bottom line there jayjay, don't call people names it's a free country, and look up the word "advertising" - never mind here it is <PAID form of a nonpersonal message communicated through the various media by industry, business firms, nonprofit organizations, or individuals>.

Steve N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.