General Discussion

refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

Dec 17, 2010

The full names are employee names. We only display the last name of the seller and buyer and do not display their location. No privacy breach.

Interesting that I would be so heavily criticized (twice on this page) for trying to respond to concerns about my company. Bizarre.

I have found time to post on this forum because I care about my company and other posters have asked me to. So I have. You will also note that prior to the past couple of days I haven't posted on Redweek or any other forum for over a year. Simply wanted to correct some of the misinformation. I found the time because I have an amazing staff of over 100 employees helping me tend to our business affairs.

That said, this will be my last post for now. It is evident that in spite of my offer to even fly the most vocal member of this forum to my office to inspect sales data, it is more fun for many to just continue taking jabs where possible and ignore facts and my good faith offers. I believe Jay Jay is afraid of what she might learn if she actually took me up on my offer. No one likes to eat crow. As I've said before, my offer stands.

I'm sure someone will respond to this post with some cleverly worded hostile remark but for now I will resist responding.

At this point, I am going to bow out of the conversation. I've said what I wanted to say. The readers can decide whether or not I'm being reasonable. For those trying to sell still, my FSBO option works well if you're priced right. That said, I also have a brokerage option. My brokerage arm is called timesharebrokerservices.com. I charge a minimum commission of $1500. I typically only offer it on weeks that sell for in excess of $3k. If you're interested shoot me a note. jasontremblay@sellmytimesharenow.com

Best Regards to you all, Jason Tremblay

Jason T.
Dec 17, 2010

Bottom line, Jason, if your company charges an upfront fee to someone who merely lists their timeshare with you ..... then your company is a scam, just like all other upfront fee resale companies.

Any fees should be taken at closing .... that's about as plain as I can state it .... your defending of your upfront fee company is worthless if you do not change your business model.

R P.
Dec 22, 2010

jasont87 wrote:
roberts1014 wrote:
I will gladly take you up on that offer, refund my money and I have no problem paying your 15% or $1500.00 upon successful sale. How do we get this process rolling. We will see if you are a man of your word.
As I stated in my previous post, contact me directly at jasontremblay@sellmytimesharenow.com. I need to know your ad number and what you own. If the value is sub-par and it sells for less than $1,500 you will need to come to closing with the difference. More than fair.

roberts1014, Am I going to hear from you? I'd like to help.

Jason

Jason T.
Jan 09, 2011

SCAM ARTIST

This company is a joke. One of the worst offenders of running the up front fee scam. For years this company has been charging up front fees to its clients and has ripped of millions.

Now the industry is changing and the attorney general is really coming after companies like theirs they try to cover themselves by changing from an up-front fee companies to a brokerage company.

This guy Jason is a joke he is a huge scam artist. I read somewhere he even had his mother go work for a relative of hers who owned a timeshare resale company and have her steal all there corporate information that they then used to start Sell My Timeshare Now.

Since 2003 they have been an up-front fee scam. Now That companies are being shut down they are changing to a brokerage company. To little to late. They are trying to save face and they hopefully will be one of the companies shut down.

They took my fee and I never heard back from them again. Shame on me!

So now that they are a brokerage firm does that mean all the clients like me they ripped of with up-front fees will now get there money back and they will now sell our units on a commission basis?

Jason clearly you know you scammed millions this video is proof... http://network.askmando.com/_Jason-Tremblay-Sell-My-Timeshare-Now/video/1430506/61653.html

If upfront fees work so well why the change. Well let me tell you because you are trying to save face. To late. Give back the millions you scammed in upfront fees and sell all our timeshares on commission like you plan on doing now that the attorney general is shutting you all down.

Bill H.
Jan 09, 2011

One other thing i would like to add if you go to any sales page on your site with listings you will typically see hundreds of units for sale at the same resort. All paid the up-front fee to list. Now if you truly are a good upfront fee company WHY then do you have hundreds of units for sale at the same resort.

Any legitimate company that was in it for the seller and not to collect as many up-font fees as they can would apply this. Lets say once you have 10 or 20 units at the same resort you stop taking listings so those that paid that fee to you can truly have a chance to sell. When you have hundreds of units for sale at the same resort in the same unit it is clear to us you are in it for the up-front fees which is clearly how you make your money.

So if the upfront fee thing works so well I mean you have been doing it since 2003 why now that the attorney general is shutting you all down are you changing to a brokerage firm.

This is what i propose to all that have paid an up-font fee lets all get together and file a class action to get our fees back so you can now sell it on a commission basis like you plan to do for 2011.

Better yet why don't you Jason the master mind behind the scam just start offering our fees back and take our units on the commission basis like you are planning on doing this year.

Bill H.
Jan 10, 2011

billh387 wrote:
One other thing i would like to add if you go to any sales page on your site with listings you will typically see hundreds of units for sale at the same resort. All paid the up-front fee to list. Now if you truly are a good upfront fee company WHY then do you have hundreds of units for sale at the same resort.

Any legitimate company that was in it for the seller and not to collect as many up-font fees as they can would apply this. Lets say once you have 10 or 20 units at the same resort you stop taking listings so those that paid that fee to you can truly have a chance to sell. When you have hundreds of units for sale at the same resort in the same unit it is clear to us you are in it for the up-front fees which is clearly how you make your money.

So if the upfront fee thing works so well I mean you have been doing it since 2003 why now that the attorney general is shutting you all down are you changing to a brokerage firm.

This is what i propose to all that have paid an up-font fee lets all get together and file a class action to get our fees back so you can now sell it on a commission basis like you plan to do for 2011.

Better yet why don't you Jason the master mind behind the scam just start offering our fees back and take our units on the commission basis like you are planning on doing this year.

If you are really a customer please tell me your ad number.

Jason T.
Jan 10, 2011

To the previous poster, we are not doing away with our for sale by owner model. We're simply expanding our brokerage business.

I'd like to know if you are actually a customer. What is your ad number?

Jason T.
Jan 10, 2011

jasont87 wrote:
To the previous poster, we are not doing away with our for sale by owner model. We're simply expanding our brokerage business.

I'd like to know if you are actually a customer. What is your ad number?

No Jason, you're not doing away with your upfront fee resale scam .... that's the only way you make money. You can call it a brokerage firm, a resale firm, a timeshare ad firm .... doesn't matter what you call it, if you ask for any type of large upfront fee then you're a scam, period.

R P.
Jan 10, 2011

Why expand the brokerage side if the up-front fee side works?

Let me answer for you... Because it does not.

Why did you not answer my question as to why you have hundreds of units listed for sale at the same resort. I like how you avoid the answer.

Logic here says the up-front fee side does not work. The attorney general has threatened to shut you down and you are moving into the brokerage side.

I watched the video and listened to your podcast were you are trying to get resort to only work with certain resellers. A monopoly of sorts. If an owner buys at a certain resort and wants to resell they can only resell through that resell company which i am sure you are pushing to be yours.

Again shows you are motivated by greed and money and don't care about resellers rights to sell there timeshare how they wish.

I can tell you why you are making all the business moves you are.

Your company is not making the money it once was because people are aware the upfront fee is a scam. Whats wrong no fortune 500 list this year. Had to take a massive multi-million dollar loan to keep the business a float. You know if you continue if you are not already on the states hit list you soon will be. So you are moving to the brokerage side because this is your only option to stay in business in the years to come. So now you are moving to a brokerage side you are trying to monopolize the industry by contracting resort to assigning a specific resale company yours to be the only way the owner at that resort can sell there unit.

We timeshare sellers need to come together. I petition to get a class action going against your company and get you shut down once and for all.

We all deserve our fees back and since you know run a brokerage you should sell on commission..

Also one last thing you say you are running "for sale by owner" which is just your way to make the up-front fee sounds better and a brokerage. This is if you ask me is a conflict of interest. I think the state should investigate you for this. How can you charge and upfront fee and run a brokerage.

Let me guess scamming your clients once is not enough. You will charge an upfront fee. Then have your brokers do what they should be doing for the upfront fee client anyway and that is get them an offer then charge them a commission on top of that. Al little double dipping. I believe i read somewhere that your Florida brokerage company was investigated for that and you all got in trouble. Great to see you are still at it.

Jason Tremblay by far the worst scam artist in the resale industry. Hopefully you get what you deserve soon. You burned me and millions of others justice will come eventually.

Owe and as far as me being a client I have emailed my info at least a dozen times and even have a BBB complaint in allot of good its doing me.

Bill H.
Jan 11, 2011

Billh387, You claim you are a customer but you won't provide me with an ad number? All this talk about monopolies and stealing corporate trade secrets makes you sound a lot like a frustrated competitor. I think I know which one too. Jay jay, The offer in my previous post stands. Come to my office and let's review sales together. Again, if you are right and I am a scam it would be a great opportunity for you. We'll videotape the meeting.

Jason Tremblay

Jason T.
Jan 11, 2011

jasont87 wrote:
Jay jay, The offer in my previous post stands. Come to my office and let's review sales together. Again, if you are right and I am a scam it would be a great opportunity for you. We'll videotape the meeting. Jason Tremblay

No need for a meeting .... as long as you charge a large upfront fee then you're a scam. You probably did resale some timeshares when the market was hot, but the market has crashed along with your livlihood .... have you not seen all the 0-1 cent timeshares on Ebay, many with zero bids.

Jason, I think it's time you looked for a new line of work .... your old line is no longer working and all the rhetoric you spew here is not going to make any difference.

To Bill, as far as Jason starting a brokerage firm and connecting with resorts that he be the only reseller/renter broker ..... that wouldn't work .... 1. People aren't buying timeshares from developers = no resales 2. Resorts cannot dictate what reseller (if any) a timeshare owner can use since owners outright own that week of timeshare and they can do as they please with it as long as it hasn't been deposited with an exchange company.

R P.
Jan 11, 2011

LOL I expect nothing less now saying I'm not even a customer. Just go through your email complaints and answer them you will find me its not like i am going to post my info here. Just read one of my half dozen emails that have been unanswered. Or better yet give me an email were I can reach you directly to forward all my unanswered emails to. I will be more then happy to do so.

Oh and you think I'm am competitor LMAO and you know which one. Well nice to know you have enemies in the industry also.

As for my knowledge on you and your company its called Google you idiot. You spend much of your time posting videos and press releases and you blog with all the info I have mentioned here. Knowledge is power and you have posted plenty for me to gain my knowledge.

When you have been burned by a company It is human nature to now research them and do what you can to educate others so they are not taken advantage of.

Come to your office for what your doctored information. If you were not a scam you would not be charging upfront fees you would have been selling on a commission. Case closed.

To Jay you make since. It just bugs me to see his video and listen to his podcast on his blog about how he is trying to do this. I do not know much about the legal end if a resort can force you to only resell through a certain resellers or not. Hopefully they cannot.

To Jason still waiting for you to answer my question as o why you have hundreds of units for sale at the same resort making your in-house competition way beyond extreme.

Here is my knowledge in case you were wondering Jason....

One last question if your company is so successful I mean you have sold millions in timeshares as you say. why have you taken loans of like 1.6 and 8 million. Why not reinvest your own profits.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92144

http://network.askmando.com/_Jason-Tremblay-Sell-My-Timeshare-Now/video/1430506/61653.html

http://network.askmando.com/_Resales-Jason-Tremblay-SellMyTimeshareNOWcom/video/1455118/61653.html?b=

http://www.prweb.com/releases/SellMyTimeshareNOW/EdisonVentureFund/prweb1760744.htm

Bill H.

Last edited by billh387 on Jan 11, 2011 06:23 PM

Jan 11, 2011

Bill, in addition to your venting here, may I suggest reporting this incident to the Florida Attorney-General? This can easily be done online.

Lance C.
Jan 11, 2011

Thanks for suggestion. Already done!

Bill H.

Last edited by billh387 on Jan 11, 2011 07:30 PM

Jan 12, 2011

1) I haven't asked for your private info. I asked for your ad number. It is clear you are not a customer.

2) you obviously don't know the difference between loans and venture growth capital. Thank you for posting the link to the press release. Do some research on the Edison Venture fund. They do not invest growth capital in "scams".

3) lastly, to your burning question, I just did a search on cars.com for a Toyota camry. Guess what? As of this morning there are over 19,000 ads for Toyota camrys on cars.com. I suppose you'll say that none have Sold..

Jason T.
Jan 12, 2011

Personally, I have absolutely NO interest in either one of these companies or their practices.

That said, for those who ARE interested in either one (or both) of these companies, take note that there is a very extensive historical and educational thread easily retrieved on the subject over on the Timeshare Users Group BBS (see http://www.tug2.net) then click on the "Timeshare Community Forums" button, then find the particular thread at issue in the "Buying, Selling & Renting" forum.

More specifically, the thread to which I refer commenced on February 25, 2009 and is entitled "Sell My Timeshare Now ---Timeshare Broker Services -- Be Warned!". There are 32 individual posts within the thread, collectively placed within a six month time period. The thread was initiated by an individual with the user name "Timeshare Guy", who openly professed to be (quoting verbatim) "a former SMTN insider". Illuminating, to say the least...

That TUG thread provides a lengthy and VERY detailed description, accounting and discussion, which also includes clear and specific naming of numerous "players". SMTN CEO Jason Tremblay contributed to that thread, as did several others involved in various aspects of the timeshare industry (including a few licensed brokers).

Anyone interested in a comprehensive history lesson regarding Sell My Timeshare Now or Timeshare Broker Services might well be VERY interested in reviewing the extensive information put forth and discussed in that detailed TUG BBS thread referenced above.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 12, 2011 03:46 PM

Jan 12, 2011

1) I clearly asked for you email to forward my info to. You are so hung up on trying to discredit me here to make your company look better by trying to make me look like I'm am not a customer that you refuse to provide your email address.

Also why me? I mean you have not questioned anyone else here if they are customer or not. Is it because I know so much about your company. I must be in the industry right! Well wrong I am a father of three married for 20 years and have owned timeshare for the better part of 13 years. By trade I am an engineer. I have nothing to do with the timeshare industry other then being a victim of fraud.

Once I was burned I made it my mission to find out everything I can about your company to educate others and you sure do make it easy. You are so arrogant and self centered and so, so High on yourself you post article after article about your success in scamming people out of money.

2) Sure do know the difference but like I said if your so successful why do you need venture capital. The company not making enough to reinvest. If you sell as many units as you say you do you should have your own funds. Usually start up and new companies need venture capital not a company in business since 2003. I mean you brag how many people you scammed out of $500 bucks by telling us you made the fortune 500 list in 08 and 09. That's allot of people you scammed out of $500. On the list two years in a row and don't have your own capitol. Tell, tell sign again of scam artist. They are to busy putting the money in there pockets. For the company that was stupid enough to give you the money they clearly are unaware of the problems in your industry and who your really are.

3)Finally an answer it only took three days for you to come up with an one.... LMAO comparing cars to timeshare. Your a bigger idiot then I thought.

A. First of the car industry accounts for every person with a drivers license which I would assume (lol) is millions and millions and millions and millions, lets just say hundreds and hundreds of million of people driving cars compared to a couple of million worldwide at most who use or buy timeshare.

B. Cars.com is a do it yourself site cost is only $15 not $500 like your high pressure sales guys talk us into. Users there are aware of the in house competition and at $15 big deal. But when called by high pressure sales guy telling you we are low on inventory we need your unit and they can sell it for way more then it will ever really sell for. Big Big difference.

The two markets can not be compared. Nice try though!

A quote from you...

"Last year we sold over 900 timeshare resales at Timeshare Broker Services, and we took our commissions after the sale on each one of them.

LMAO 900! That's it? Such a huge company only 900 units sold on commission were you have more incentive to do so then on the up-front fee. At some resorts you have 900 units listed for sale alone.

Finally provide your email and I will gladly forward my ad number if I can find it after 6 years and my emails I have sent that have gone unanswered. I mean I have only had my unit for sale since 2005 on your site. An answer 6 years later why not.

Everyone be sure to read this article... Right from an insider themselves....

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92144

Bill H.

Last edited by billh387 on Jan 12, 2011 03:52 PM

Jan 13, 2011

Still no Ad #? Not surprised.

My email (as posted earlier in this thread) is: jasontremblay@sellmytimesharenow.com

Jason T.
Jan 13, 2011

ken1193 wrote:
...there is a very extensive historical and educational thread easily retrieved on the subject over on the Timeshare Users Group BBS (see http://www.tug2.net) then click on the "Timeshare Community Forums" button, then find the particular thread at issue in the "Buying, Selling & Renting" forum.

More specifically, the thread to which I refer commenced on February 25, 2009 and is entitled "Sell My Timeshare Now ---Timeshare Broker Services -- Be Warned!". There are 32 individual posts within the thread, collectively placed within a six month time period. The thread was initiated by an individual with the user name "Timeshare Guy", who openly professed to be (quoting verbatim) "a former SMTN insider". Illuminating, to say the least...

That TUG thread provides a lengthy and VERY detailed description, accounting and discussion, which also includes clear and specific naming of numerous "players". SMTN CEO Jason Tremblay contributed to that thread, as did several others involved in various aspects of the timeshare industry (including a few licensed brokers).

Anyone interested in a comprehensive history lesson regarding Sell My Timeshare Now or Timeshare Broker Services might well be VERY interested in reviewing the extensive information put forth and discussed in that detailed TUG BBS thread referenced above.

I suggest looking at the ENTIRE forest here folks, rather than just getting distracted by an ongoing flap over one particular tree. Find and read the above referenced TUG thread for a comprehensive and illuminating education on the practices of Sell My Timeshare Now.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 13, 2011 06:07 AM

Feb 07, 2011

did anyone get any good result (I mean refund) with Sellmytimesharenow.com. I am filing a complain with BBB. LIke to know if it helps.

Shelley H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.