General Discussion

refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

Apr 10, 2012

ATTENTION POIPU POINT OWNERS! Here is the announcement for which we have all been waiting! The lawsuit has been filed! It was filed Friday in Federal District Court in Hawaii. COPP will be mailing out a note with the lawsuit attached. It will also be going up on our website. I think that we will have DRI's attention now! What did Mr. C say? Yes, that's right, there are "10" unhappy customers. We'll see...

David L.
Apr 19, 2012

I listed my Waohai resort timeshare with SellMyTimeshareNow in 2009. After an analysis was done, I was told that if my timeshare didn't sell in a year, I'd get a full refund. It's been 3 1/2 years, not one phone call or correspondence, and now they say it was my fault it didn't sell because it was WAY overpriced. I think this is a joke, this was the worst $499 I've ever spent. I'd like to know what to do so other people don't get scammed like I did!!

Laurel J.
Apr 20, 2012

laurelj8 wrote:
I listed my Waohai resort timeshare with SellMyTimeshareNow in 2009. After an analysis was done, I was told that if my timeshare didn't sell in a year, I'd get a full refund. It's been 3 1/2 years, not one phone call or correspondence, and now they say it was my fault it didn't sell because it was WAY overpriced. I think this is a joke, this was the worst $499 I've ever spent. I'd like to know what to do so other people don't get scammed like I did!!

Above is how the upfront fee scammers operate. What you CAN do is file a complaint with the attorney general in the state sellmytimesharenow.com operates out of ..... in most cases you can do this online by googling contact info for that state's attorney general.

R P.
Apr 20, 2012

In 2009, I paid $501 to a company called Super Timeshare Resales to sell my time share. Other than listing it on their website, they never did anything else. I contacted them on a monthly basis asking for a report, and they would always give me some nonsense about doing an open house at my resort soon. Finally, after a year, when I tried to call, the phone had been disconnected. I heard about Redweek and joined. Through the Redweek forum, I learned that the company had gone out of business, but names and contact numbers for the principals were given. One of them had even opened a new business. So I filed a complaint with the Florida Attorney General. I was told then that since the company had gone out of business, it was not likely anything could be done. However, my complaint would be forwarded to the Dept. of Consumer Affairs. I heard nothing further until TODAY, when I received a check in the mail from the State of Florida Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs for $501! I am totally impressed! Thanks to Redweek and thanks to the great work of the State of Florida! When you are wronged, it pays to file a complaint!!!

Annette R.
Apr 20, 2012

Today in the Orlando Sentinel was a story that two women running H & H Holdings were arrested by the Hilsborough Consumer Protection Agency and the Volusia County Sherrif's Office in Florida for taking money from people claiming they had buyers for their timeshares. They would charge for non exixtant services such as title searches and closing costs. They worked off of lead sheets that contained victims information. Celeste Stalnacker and Stephanie Tanos were arrested. They had people wire the money through Western Union. Anyone scammed by these people please contact the above named authority.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Apr 20, 2012 05:26 PM

Jan 07, 2013

Have had a similar experience with sellmytmesharenow.com. They take your money and promise to sell your timeshare but don't. Requested my money back and they refused. Will filed a complaint with BBB and any where else I can. What ever you do don't give them your money.

Denise S.
Jan 07, 2013

Totally agree. Let Mr Tremblay know.

Denise S.
Jan 07, 2013

You were the smart one.

Denise S.
Jan 07, 2013

Your lucky it was only $499, they suckered me for more and I fell for it.

Denise S.
Jan 07, 2013

File a complaint with the Attorney General in your state and the state they are registered. After they receive enough complaints they will investigate and take appropriate actiion.

Don P.
Jan 31, 2013

Hey, I would not be so quick to attack the writer of the article "Re.:Refund listing fees from fraud sellmyitimeshare now" As you indicated you just bought your time share. Wait until you want to or have to sell it. Then you would change your tune. I was contacted by many re-sell companies, the ltatest was sellmytimesharenow. It is always the same spiel. I know because I have been ripped off twice by a re-sale company. Each to the tune of $ 499.00 US. for advertising fees. Each time my time share did not sell for any price. Now this company sounds very reputable, but they employ the same tactics as the scammers. First a very sincere sounding young? man describes in rosy terms what they can do for me, then he says he will now connect me to the time share expert = speak "closer" when I told him I did not want to speak to the expert he offered to send me details of their services. Fine, I received them but nowhere at this point is an advertising fee mentioned. I had to find this out by doing some research on the internet and reading what some dissatisfied customers had to say. Same deal here, I would pay $ 499.00 in advance for advertising fees. Forget it!! I went through this twice already with no results. Yes, I do want to sell my time share, yes I know I will loose money on it, yes I will pay a commision but I do not want to get ripped off. So do you have any suggestions for me. Thanks G

Gerlinde Y.
Jan 31, 2013

http://www.vacationinnovations.com/ is the new parent company I believe. There are many alternatives besides resale companies. That should be your very very last resort unless you just like giving money away. When a company brags about being in the Inc5000 it's about the income they made, not the timeshares they sell from thier listings that are prepaid for. My question would be how many timeshares have you listed against how many you have sold? you will find you are amongst the thousands of people who list with NO RESULTS.

Steve N.
Jan 31, 2013

I'm guessing this isn't the best place to register a complaint with SellMyTimeshareNow. I posted a comment several months ago with no response. I'll try the Attorney General's office.

Laurel J.
Jan 31, 2013

We have a separate brokerage service, www.vacationownership.com, where you can list with a licensed real estate agent, if you don't want to pay for advertising up-front (like any advertising). We only charge a commission upon the successful sale. We are paid our commission out of escrow. We will still advertise your unit on sellmytimesharenow.com as it has the highest traffic of all timeshare resale websites. Our brokerage fee is 15% with a minimum commission of $2000. This is an alternative for you.

By the way, if Sellmytimesharenow contacted you it is because you contacted us first. We do not cold call people.

Best Regards, Jason Tremblay CEO

Jason T.

Last edited by astephens on Feb 01, 2013 01:16 PM

Feb 01, 2013

gerlindey wrote:
Hey, I would not be so quick to attack the writer of the article "Re.:Refund listing fees from fraud sellmyitimeshare now" As you indicated you just bought your time share. Wait until you want to or have to sell it. Then you would change your tune. I was contacted by many re-sell companies, the ltatest was sellmytimesharenow. It is always the same spiel. I know because I have been ripped off twice by a re-sale company. Each to the tune of $ 499.00 US. for advertising fees. Each time my time share did not sell for any price. Now this company sounds very reputable, but they employ the same tactics as the scammers. First a very sincere sounding young? man describes in rosy terms what they can do for me, then he says he will now connect me to the time share expert = speak "closer" when I told him I did not want to speak to the expert he offered to send me details of their services. Fine, I received them but nowhere at this point is an advertising fee mentioned. I had to find this out by doing some research on the internet and reading what some dissatisfied customers had to say. Same deal here, I would pay $ 499.00 in advance for advertising fees. Forget it!! I went through this twice already with no results. Yes, I do want to sell my time share, yes I know I will loose money on it, yes I will pay a commision but I do not want to get ripped off. So do you have any suggestions for me. Thanks G

Fool me once, it's your fault .... fool me twice, it's my fault. These type of timeshare scams are rampant and growing rapidly.

R P.
Feb 01, 2013

Mr Trembaly, Redweek is NOT your competitor .... Redweek is a legitimate internet website that offers people to post their timeshare ads for a small fee .... similar to the classifieds in a newspaper.

They are in no way a large upfront fee timeshare resale scammer.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Feb 01, 2013 08:46 AM

Feb 17, 2013

And yet another way sellmytimesharenow.com rips people off. I found a listing for the timeshare I want (Grand Timber Lodge, Breckenridge, CO) on sellmytimesharenow.com for $1200. I am a previous owner at this timeshare resort, and paid full price($9,500) the first time I purchased one, but lost it due to unemployment. So, $1,200 sounded too good to be true for what I paid $9,500 for. I made an offer for the asking price. Then, I received a phone call from a sellmytimesharenow.com rep. explaining to me that the closing costs were $2,294, and how to proceed with the sale. After doing much research, I found the following information useful. A listing on eBay for the same timeshare has a closing cost of $350. A listing on Redweek.com, for the same timeshare, has a closing cost of $475. Other timeshare transfer organization have listed on their websites (such as timesharetransfer.com) their transfer fees and closing costs, typically between $300 and $500. So why is sellmytimesharenow.com charging $2,294 in closing costs? Because they love ripping people off. USE REDWEEK.COM or another reputable resale instead of sellmytimesharenow.com!!!

Richard L.
Feb 18, 2013

richardl253 wrote:
So why is sellmytimesharenow.com charging $2,294 in closing costs? Because they love ripping people off. USE REDWEEK.COM or another reputable resale instead of sellmytimesharenow.com!!!

Answer ..... you were right above .... to rip people off.

R P.
Feb 19, 2013

This information is incorrect.

We do not charge $2,294 in closing costs. We are the only authorized reseller for Breckenridge Grand Vacation Club and use their title company. Their title company is Land Title. Closing costs average $950 which includes title search and title insurance. You can contact them directly at: 970-453-2255. Ask for Caroline. If you purchase Grand Timber Lodge from a resale company other than SellMyTimeshareNOW.com, resort day use benefits will not transfer. Redweek is not an authorized reseller for Grand Timber Lodge. You can contact Grand Timber Lodge to verify this.

Best Regards, Jason Tremblay CEO SellMyTimeshareNOW, LLC VacationOwnership.com, LLC

Jason T.
Feb 19, 2013

I just notified Redweek that Jasont87 has posted illegal advertising in the forum. You cannot post contact information and your website for victims to contact you in here. Pay for your advertising like any other company.

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.