Marriott's Canyon Villas at Desert Ridge

Construction - Canyon Villas at Desert Ridge

Mar 17, 2008

We are getting ready to rent a villa for July 2008, but I noticed there was a "warning" type message that there is expansion construction going on. Has anyone stayed at the Canyon Villas recently? I am just concerned about flying out there and getting stuck next to the noise. Thank you.

Monique P.
Apr 06, 2008

monique69 wrote:
We are getting ready to rent a villa for July 2008, but I noticed there was a "warning" type message that there is expansion construction going on. Has anyone stayed at the Canyon Villas recently? I am just concerned about flying out there and getting stuck next to the noise. Thank you.

Just stayed there over Spring Break. Teh new buildings are going up on the furthest South end of the complex. Best to stay in the Cottonwood or Ironwood buildings.. Good Luck

Bryce R.
Apr 07, 2008

brycer5 wrote:
monique69 wrote:

Just stayed there over Spring Break. Teh new buildings are going up on the furthest South end of the complex. Best to stay in the Cottonwood or Ironwood buildings.. Good Luck

Thanks for the email. Was it really bad? I mean, did it disturb your trip? and were you able to get the building you wanted?

Monique P.
Apr 30, 2008

monique69 wrote:
brycer5 wrote:
monique69 wrote:

Thanks for the email. Was it really bad? I mean, did it disturb your trip? and were you able to get the building you wanted?

I was there last week with my unit facing the construction site, the noixe began at 7 am BUT was not distrubing us with the sliding class doors closed.

David S.
Apr 30, 2008

cndmom424 wrote:
monique69 wrote:
brycer5 wrote:
monique69 wrote:

I was there last week with my unit facing the construction site, the noixe began at 7 am BUT was not distrubing us with the sliding class doors closed.

Thank you!

Monique P.
Sep 29, 2008

Just go to the lounge in the Marriott Desert Ridge and order a cosmopolitian and the construction will disappear!!!! Bit and ice cold. Awesome. And some nice music besides

Charlene K.
Oct 08, 2008

Hi, planning to arrive at the resort 10/17/08 - any tips or suggestions? Which building is closest to the pool? How is the equipment at the villa's workout room? Thank you!

Laura S.
Oct 08, 2008

I am pretty sure we stayed in either the Cottonwood or Ironwood bldg, per an earlier suggestion - neither were far from the pool, and we did not hear any construction. We actually wanted first floor thinking there would be a big patio with grassy area, but since that isn't how these are set up, it was ok that we ended up with 3rd floor - this was also nice since we didn't have anyone above us. We were in the pool most of the time and did not use the gym. Have fun!

Monique P.
Oct 08, 2008

3100 is close to the kid's pool and playground. The workroom is good, you can also use the fitness facility at the Desert Ridge Marriott across the way and it is also good, plus for a small daily rate you can use the health club at the Spa which is great. If you have time a drive up to Sedona is worth while. Roy's at the Marriott is superb and Zinc in Kierland is lively and great food. Have fun.

Charlene K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.