Lawai Beach Resort

LBR information

Mar 30, 2008

As an owner of LBR for 12 years, I'd like to share some building information to those who are shopping for a rental here. It is only fair to inform newcomers to this resort that there are three different buildings and they are all very different. This is my opinion: The first building is the Alii, it is my favorite of all three, all rooms have fantastic view of the beach from the lanai. We just went this past January and had to force ourselves to leave the resort to do other things as we loved sitting on the lanai, watching hundreds of whales jump. I guess the only negative about this building is the road is visable, but we loved watching the ocean and didnt mind the cars. There is some construction going on behind the units at this time, it did not bother us in the master bedroom but our guest did hear it after 7 a.m. each morning.

The middle building is the Banyon, this has a very pretty pool, some rooms have good ocean view but not all of them and it is important to find out what room you are assigned. This building is nearest to the check in area.

The last building is the Coral building, which has never appealed to me and I personally would not have the same experience at this resort without the fantastic up front view I receive with the Alii. I was told the Coral building also doesn't have washer / dryer in each room.

If you are shopping for a rental in this resort, find out which room and which building it is for and contact the front desk, they can answer any questions you have.

R. M.
Sep 28, 2008

Do any of these rooms, in any building, have AC? We'd be going in December... what's the weather like then?

thanks! Katha

Katha B.
Nov 02, 2008

I'm not aware that any rooms have ac but we just returned from a week there and we barely turned on our ceiling fans. If you open the sliding doors in the front and the windows in the back there is an awesome breeze that goes through. I was told by a guest that was in the coral building that you don't get as much of a breeze there but we stayed in that building the first time we went there and it was ok. We bought in the alii because it is the nicest as far as view and being quiet.

Lucie K.
Nov 12, 2008

AC - you won't need it, especially in December. There are always cool breezes, and the units are positioned so the breezes flow right through the unit.

Weather - Always nice on Kauai, never too hot, never too cold. December might have a few overcast days, but never really bad. We were there in December 2007, and had a couple days where we had some light rain, but it was only on part of the island. Since Lawai Beach is on the south side of the island, it doesn't get much rain. If it does happen to rain while you are there, just take a drive to the west - it seldom rains on that side of the island, and there are plenty of nice beaches there as well.

If you don't have the blue guide book - "The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook" - get it! It will guide you to all the good places to see, and to eat. It's far better than ANY other guidebook about Kauai.

You'll love it there!

Paul B.
Aug 02, 2010

A new policy of the LBR is owners get free internet access when using their week(s).

David H.
Feb 13, 2013

Just back from 2 weeks at our Alii condo. We have been owners for 17 years here and at the moment there is a major renovation process going on that started last year and will continue through mid-2014. Each unit is getting a major update from granite counter tops, new frigs, new furniture , and all new flooring which will be mostly ceramic tiles. Really a nice touch that can be seen on a video at the LBR website. Work is being done on the 3rd floor this year and will start on the 4th floor units late this year. Worker make some noise but not really bad. Ocean sounds overcome most.

Property is maintained wonderfully. New roofs and new solar systems are being installed and should be completed by June 2013.

Anyone thinking of going to Kauai you cannot beat this location for scenery and a reflection back to a quieter time.

Don B.
Jan 31, 2015

Thinking about buying a timeshare. Is it possible to buy one with 2 week vacations? Do the fees increase every year or are they locked in?

Mark T.
Jan 31, 2015

Intervals-weeks are usually one week. In order to have two weeks vacation you most likely will need to purchase 2 one week intervals. The cost of running a resort goes up yearly. Most maintenance fees will go up over time.

markt468 wrote:
Thinking about buying a timeshare. Is it possible to buy one with 2 week vacations? Do the fees increase every year or are they locked in?

Don B.
Feb 01, 2015

LBR is very good at keeping Maint. fees in line. The owners associations are the resort managers, cutting out a developer middle man. Most if not all of the buildings have had their units renovated, along with the pools. Solar panels were recently added to the entire resort with no extra fee charged to the owners. We own an every year Ali'i 2bdr, an EOY Ali'i 2 bdr, an EOY Banyan 2 bdr, and an EOY Ali'i 1 bdr. We book 2 weeks using the various units. The resort is nice enough to move all of your belongings between units when you have to change rooms for a nominal fee. We traded this year to go to England, but have already booked our units for next year. Check out the LBR web page, click on "owners" on the top bar, and then at the top of the next page you'll see a tab for "foreclosures". A sale is upcoming this spring and that's how we got several of out units and very reasonable prices.

David H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.