President's Week at the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club

Forum: Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club

I Want To…

page 1 of 2

«  prev page   1 2   next page  »

Message Author

By joyd24

President's Week at the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club

I have been considering purchasing a resale at the Marriott Surf Club but after speaking to time share owners I decided not to pursue. I decided to look elsewhere because of the over crowding at the pool and beach. Having to get up at a certain time and extremely early to get a lounge or shaded area or the umbrella covered papalyas is not my idea of a vacation. I am a teacher so I am limited to when I take my vacation. I know I want a very warm climate to go to in Feb.

Can someone let me know about their experience at the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club during President's week?

Avatar for joyd24 joyd24

8 years ago
Apr 10, 2008

By allan101

President's Week at the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club

joyd24 wrote:
I have been considering purchasing a resale at the Marriott Surf Club but after speaking to time share owners I decided not to pursue. I decided to look elsewhere because of the over crowding at the pool and beach. Having to get up at a certain time and extremely early to get a lounge or shaded area or the umbrella covered papalyas is not my idea of a vacation. I am a teacher so I am limited to when I take my vacation. I know I want a very warm climate to go to in Feb.

Can someone let me know about their experience at the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club during President's week?

Hi, The Ocean Club is the place to stay. There are plenty of huts and pool lounges. Must less crowded than the Surf Club. My wife is a teacher also.

Last edit by marty8084 on Apr 24, 2008 02:21 PM.

Avatar for allan101 allan101

8 years ago
Apr 24, 2008

By greggibson

President's Week at the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club

allan101 wrote:
joyd24 wrote:
I have been considering purchasing a resale at the Marriott Surf Club but after speaking to time share owners I decided not to pursue. I decided to look elsewhere because of the over crowding at the pool and beach. Having to get up at a certain time and extremely early to get a lounge or shaded area or the umbrella covered papalyas is not my idea of a vacation. I am a teacher so I am limited to when I take my vacation. I know I want a very warm climate to go to in Feb.

Can someone let me know about their experience at the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club during President's week?

Hi, The Ocean Club is the place to stay. There are plenty of huts and pool lounges. Must less crowded than the Surf Club. My wife is a teacher also.

Avatar for greggibson greggibson

8 years ago
May 23, 2008

By greggibson

Try Marriott's Ocean Point, at Palm Beach Shores Fl. Just as nice if not nicer without the crowds.

Avatar for greggibson greggibson

8 years ago
May 23, 2008

By keb0904

The situation has mostly been corrected now that Surf Club only allows Surf Club owners/guest into the Lazy River. In the past two years, the Surf Club and Ocean club have had shared rights, which is no longer the case. Once they changed the policy, this all changed. Also - no matter where you vacation on a holiday week, you'll always need to get up early in the morning for a lounge chair. Unfortunately, it's just that way anywhere you go when the place is full. If you've ever stayed in a Surf Club unit - it's really hard to go backwards!

Avatar for keb0904 keb0904

8 years ago
Aug 06, 2008

Message deleted.

Avatar for vanessaf28 vanessaf28

4 years ago
Jan 12, 2013

By charlene4

is it true you have to purchase platium plus in order to get presidents week. i have also been told that even if you do it's not guarenteed ? help, i dont want to make a purchase if i cant have that week for the grandsons.

thanks for your help charlene

Avatar for charlene4 charlene4

3 years ago
Apr 02, 2013

By charlene4

President's Week at the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club

i too am thinking about purchasing, BUT what i have learned is that you cannot get presidents week unless you have platium Plus ownership. And it is still not guarenteed. what do you know about this?

thanks charlene

Avatar for charlene4 charlene4

3 years ago
Apr 02, 2013

Message deleted.

Avatar for allan101 allan101

3 years ago
Apr 03, 2013

By michaels90

President's Week at the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club

Totally different experience. The beach is uncrowded and the pool is nowhere near as crowded as Surf Club. We bought about 8 years ago and have gone Pesident's week every year. They tried to get us to buy Surf Cluib and we are so glad we didn't. Ocean Club is by far the better option.

Last edit by phyl21 on Apr 29, 2013 09:48 PM.

Avatar for michaels90 michaels90

3 years ago
Apr 29, 2013

By brendac250

President's Week at the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club

How do you get presidents week I own two weeks two BR at ocean club and have tried last two years unsuccessfully! Very disappointed as we would like to take grandchildren as we had dine for 11 years before oldest entered middle school and can not miss school

michaels90 wrote:
Totally different experience. The beach is uncrowded and the pool is nowhere near as crowded as Surf Club. We bought about 8 years ago and have gone Pesident's week every year. They tried to get us to buy Surf Cluib and we are so glad we didn't. Ocean Club is by far the better option.

Avatar for brendac250 brendac250

3 years ago
Jul 26, 2013

By ginaf20

President's Week at the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club

Is it true that if you are staying at Marriott Ocean club you can use the Surf club and hotel pools but not the other way around? Is it very over crowded that week?

Avatar for ginaf20 ginaf20

2 years ago
Mar 26, 2014

By brendac250

President's Week at the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club

I have been trying to get presidents week for three years. Own two call thirteen months and try to book three consecutive weeks. Lockout,one BR and than the 2BR for family presidents weeks. Have never gotten it. How do you get it every year.

michaels90 wrote:
Totally different experience. The beach is uncrowded and the pool is nowhere near as crowded as Surf Club. We bought about 8 years ago and have gone Pesident's week every year. They tried to get us to buy Surf Cluib and we are so glad we didn't. Ocean Club is by far the better option.

Avatar for brendac250 brendac250

2 years ago
Mar 26, 2014

Message deleted.

Avatar for ld117 ld117

2 years ago
Nov 23, 2014

By charlene4

President's Week at the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club

I own presidents week at the surf, u can reserve huts 3 days at a time, never a prob.

Last edit by astephens on Jan 12, 2015 07:58 AM.

Avatar for charlene4 charlene4

2 years ago
Jan 08, 2015

Message deleted.

Avatar for charlene4 charlene4

2 years ago
Jan 08, 2015

By ld117

President's Week at the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club

This is an old string message

Last edit by ld117 on Jan 09, 2015 07:46 AM.

Avatar for ld117 ld117

2 years ago
Jan 09, 2015

By ginaf20

President's Week at the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club

How do you reserve huts ahead of time and do you have to pay per day?? We have been to the Marriott Aruba several times- never stayed at Ocean Club and never during February break- is it really that crowded??

Avatar for ginaf20 ginaf20

2 years ago
Jan 13, 2015

By brendac250

President's Week at the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club

Hi you state you get presidents week every year!! What is your secret? I have two weeks call exactly at 9:00 est and go on line on two computers and have never gotten it!

Avatar for brendac250 brendac250

2 years ago
Jan 13, 2015

By brendac250

President's Week at the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club

Hi you state you get presidents week every year!! What is your secret? I have two weeks call exactly at 9:00 est and go on line on two computers and have never gotten it!

brendac250 wrote:
I have been trying to get presidents week for three years. Own two call thirteen months and try to book three consecutive weeks. Lockout,one BR and than the 2BR for family presidents weeks. Have never gotten it. How do you get it every year.

michaels90 wrote:
Totally different experience. The beach is uncrowded and the pool is nowhere near as crowded as Surf Club. We bought about 8 years ago and have gone Pesident's week every year. They tried to get us to buy Surf Cluib and we are so glad we didn't. Ocean Club is by far the better option.

Avatar for brendac250 brendac250

2 years ago
Jan 13, 2015

page 1 of 2

«  prev page   1 2   next page  »

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests and Members
Sign in or register for free

I Want To…