Kamaole Beach Club

Current Status of Kamaole Beach Club

Apr 13, 2008

Does anyone have any information regarding the status of KBC, I have seen information talking about the Board of Directors and increases in Maintenance Fees as a result of lack of maintenance over the years and mismanagement. It appears they have a plan in place to turn things around. I'm considering purchasing a week but would like some more information before I take the next step. Thanks LarryS289

Larry Z.
Apr 29, 2008

If anyone is intrested. Kamaole Beach Club has an official web page it is http://www.kbcmaui.net/

Rick L.
Jun 16, 2008

larrys289 wrote:
Does anyone have any information regarding the status of KBC, I have seen information talking about the Board of Directors and increases in Maintenance Fees as a result of lack of maintenance over the years and mismanagement. It appears they have a plan in place to turn things around. I'm considering purchasing a week but would like some more information before I take the next step. Thanks LarryS289
HI Larry, I have owned at this resort for over 20 years and I can tell you that the new management company has a plan and a vision to make this one of the better resorts on Maui that would be considered a lower price resort. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase here at all, especially with the prices that are available.

Dale M.
Dec 09, 2008

Hi, I agree, things are back on track as far as planning, having a vision and new direction. The renovation or enhancements planned will make the units very nice. The view and access to the beach are awesome, walking access to many amenities. The KBC presents very good value on one of the nicest islands in the world.

Simon N.
Dec 12, 2008

The maintenance fee has been reduced to $748.70 for a 2 bedroom. The new management association is doing a great job of getting this resort updated and keeping enouugh reserve money to cover any unexpected repairs. This is a great value in a beautiful area.

Dale M.
Dec 21, 2008

We have purchased a 1 bedroom and had some friends use it this year and they said everything was very good and it appears things are taking shape. Thank You to those who replied. Larry

Larry Z.
Mar 02, 2009

The Kamaole Beach Club has a great location and is walking distance to many places of interest, however, their financial statements seem to be off and I understand the new board of directore and management have no experience in opertating a timeshare club...things seem to be confused there. Hopefully it will be worked out. The prices are very low?

John

John A.
Aug 11, 2009

The KBC interval owners did not accept the attempt by a company to come in and do a large scale renovation. The current board is working on a time schedule with a gradual renovation. This is what the over whelming owners voted to accept as it lessens the impact on the assessment. So Larry, you are correct, they do have a plan in place.

Charles E.
Sep 22, 2009

is this place a good buy or a potential dump

Al

Alan O.
Nov 10, 2009

Don't see much improvement here. This my 5th time over & it is slowly getting worse. They do have new furniture though! The carpet is the same as 8 yrs ago & is filthy. Broken screens,same as last time. Drapes torn,same as last time. Sliding glass doors barely open. Where is my money going????

Years of mismangement is only part of the problems. What difference do low fees make if the product is unacceptable.

The plan to renovate will only take 20-30 yrs if they keep the scedule that is in place now!!

LKC

d

Lynette C.
Apr 14, 2011

the units are fine. If you want granite countertops go stay at the ritz carlton and pay for it.

Paul B.
Apr 28, 2011

THE UNITS ARE NOT FINE...the project is 30 years old and there are 30 year old problems that desperately need to be addressed. There was an issue of MOLD in some units and dry-rot damage to roofs and other parts of structure. The last financial statement showed they ran out of money at the end of 2010 and took monies out of the reserve fund (which is now VERY under funded by standards) to pay bills. The project is a financial keg of dynamite. A few units have new furniture...but that's just lip-stick. The illegal/self appointed board does not have any experience in the the Timeshare business along with the Management company (which no bids were put out for?). It's in a great location but until some one that knows how to run a timeshare project gets in there and strighten things out...it's headed for ruin. With more/enough complaints from owners to the State of Hawaii R.I.C.O (Regulated Industries Complaints Office - http://hawaii.gov/dcca/rico/ ) things might be put back on track. John

R A.
Jun 16, 2011

Not sure who the last post was from? I am the current President at KBC and I can assure you things are improving. We did NOT end 2010 in the red and we currently have the required money in reserves. Contrary to the previous post, we did not take money from the reserve fund for operating expenses. ALL units have new furniture along with new blinds. Also I just signed the contract to replace the carpet with tile in all the units. There is no mold and no dry rot. We are having some roof work done to repair the parapet walls but this is just due to the age of the roof walls. We have also had the pool resurfaced and a new fence installed along with a beautiful rock wall along the front of the property. The property is the best it has looked since it was built. As far as our management company, they have much experience in timeshare properties and are on top of all issues that effect us at KBC. The previous post sounds like it is from a disgruntled owner who does not know what is going on at KBC. Alan McGuire President, KBC Board of Directors

Alan M.
Dec 08, 2011

There are a lot of disgruntled owners at Kamaole Beach Club. A lot of them are just singing their weeks back to the club (they can't sell them with the Club (almost) giving them way?) Now there is less Maintenance Fees coming in. The situation just adds

You do not need to be an accountant to look at a finical statement to see monies leaving a Reserve Fund that is not directed for necessities but to only cover overspending for non-crisis items, mgt., & service fees. John

John A.
Dec 08, 2011

Obviously the person who posted the previous post does not know what he is talking about. The only moneys paid out of the reserve fund this past year was for the new tile flooring. No other money left the reserve fund and it sure was not put into the general fund for everyday expenses or to cover loses. Yes, some owners have deeded back their intervals. We are offering this to owners in lou of foreclosure and a few owners have taken us up on this. In the past year we have sold over 25 foreclosed intervals and currently have a waiting list of people who want more intervals. Yes, we are selling them at a discount but this is only in order to sell them and get in paying owners. We actually have more paying owners now than in the past years. The person also failed to mention that the property is in the best shape it has ever been. New furniture, new tile floors, resurfaced pool and many improvements to come with only a small increase in maintenance fees. Also if you compare our fees with other timeshares on Maui, we are still on the low end.

Alan M.
Nov 17, 2012

What have you been selling the units for, how many do you ahve currently and at what price?

alanm206 wrote:
Obviously the person who posted the previous post does not know what he is talking about. The only moneys paid out of the reserve fund this past year was for the new tile flooring. No other money left the reserve fund and it sure was not put into the general fund for everyday expenses or to cover loses. Yes, some owners have deeded back their intervals. We are offering this to owners in lou of foreclosure and a few owners have taken us up on this. In the past year we have sold over 25 foreclosed intervals and currently have a waiting list of people who want more intervals. Yes, we are selling them at a discount but this is only in order to sell them and get in paying owners. We actually have more paying owners now than in the past years. The person also failed to mention that the property is in the best shape it has ever been. New furniture, new tile floors, resurfaced pool and many improvements to come with only a small increase in maintenance fees. Also if you compare our fees with other timeshares on Maui, we are still on the low end.

Samuel K.
Oct 10, 2014

I visited this property in Sept 2014. Beautiful and great location. After talking to one of the current owners who has owned for over 20 years, this property has undergone a major transformation the past couple of years. Bathrooms refurbished this year, kitchens next year, and furniture the following year. I was shocked at how low the selling price and the annual fees were. I'm considering...

Misty A.
Mar 17, 2020

Alan M 206 I have had a very difficult year s scheduling my timeshare. Patti has always been helpful but this year has not worked out at all. I started at 12,:01 Jan 1. Patti says she did not receive that message. I have since sent 7 messages. Heard back from Patti twice with no booking as of today, March 17. Then a "delinquent" bill was sent. I had nit received the oruginal bill. So, they could not book me. Si I called the Maui destination number 2 times. No response. 2 weeks later I get a note from Destinations not answering my question.So, I paid the $400 +. And then another note that they had not received my payment. They added a $100 late fee! Then I read on this forum that 2 br unit's total per year fee has been lowered to $700+. I have a one br and mine is higher. I tried to contact you or any board of director but there is no contact information available. It has now been nearly 4 months. I am frustrated. This is unacceptable. I think KBC us run well, a great place to vacation and have always had great service from Patti. I don't understand what has happened this year. Please send me contact information for all board members, including yourself. I just want to get this resolved.

Thank you in advance for a resolution.

John

John S.

Last edited by phyl21 on Mar 17, 2020 08:33 AM

Mar 17, 2020

I had a similar issue banking my week. Sent first request Jan 15, Patti replied saying she need at least 2 weeks to process bookings. I sent several messages asking for an update. I contacted DMI to make sure my payment was received and asked for contact information for president. I received a reply stating they would work with Patti (who has always been good to deal with). I finally received the week to bank on March 14 after I made a post on the KBC website. Something has changed and not for the better. We use this to book with RCI and if it taken this long it’s not worth it. I was not aware the 2 bedroom rate had dropped that’s not right.

Larry Z.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.