Marriott's Grande Ocean

Favorite Restaurants

Apr 16, 2008

If you have been to HHI before, what restaurants would you recommend, which did you enjoy the most? We were recently in HHI and my favorites were: happy hour 4-6 pm at the Wreck at South Beach Marina in Sea Pines (the appetizers are only $3-$4, i.e., one snow crab cluster for only $3) plus a great view (it's located upstairs), Steamers in Coligny Plaza (must try the Dungeness crab - it's the sweetest crab and permanent on their menu - and one of the only places to get Dungeness that I could find). There were other great restaurants as well, but I am anxious to hear which favorites anyone else might have...??

Peggy Q
May 08, 2008

We had dinner at Frankie Bones and it was a "good" meal, however the atmosphere was terrific. A throw back restaurant of the good old days. It's a place that reminds you of the Rat Pack. Also, we went to Marley's which my kids really liked.

Richard K.
May 09, 2008

richardk117 wrote:
We had dinner at Frankie Bones and it was a "good" meal, however the atmosphere was terrific. A throw back restaurant of the good old days. It's a place that reminds you of the Rat Pack. Also, we went to Marley's which my kids really liked.

Hey, thanks for the recommendation. We have not tried Frankie Bones, but will definitely look it up. We did go to Marley's on our last visit and enjoyed that meal there as well, and it had a nice ambiance there. I had a fresh fish of some sort, can't remember which, but it was served with a salsa topping, very good. Everytime before I order my meal, I always ask the server what is popular or good that night. Knowing that helps when you're in a new restaurant. If you like Mexican, San Miguel's at Shelter Cove is fun - there's seating outside as well as inside and there's a little outside bar with live entertainment that starts pretty early on in the evening. They start you out with free chips & salsa. They have good margaritas... Another place we like is the Old Oyster Factory, out on the marsh. Great fresh shrimp there!

Peggy Q
Jun 24, 2008

We loved Ocean Grille in Shelter Cove. Had an excellent dinner. Pricey - but worth it!

Alberta N.
Oct 07, 2008

Catch 22 on New Orleans Road is a local secret.....small and chef owned, call for reservations, ask for a booth in the fromt as the back gets a little loud, you'll be sending me a thank you note! The daily chef seafood special is ALWAYS a 10! Bon Appetite!

Sanford
Aug 31, 2009

We made our last visit to Little Venice in Shelter Cove. At one time we enjoyed the food there but that is no longer the case. While the atmosphere is still very nice, the owners have made bad decisions and there are far too many other restaurants out there with better consistancy and management. Ciao, Little Venice.

Dave F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.