Marriott's Newport Coast Villas

renting from redweek owners

Apr 24, 2008

When you rent from redweek owners can you call the hotel and request an ocean view? Or do you rent a specific unit unlike renting from Newport Villas directly?

Katie. C.
Apr 25, 2008

You do not rent a specific unit. My understanding is you can put in a request for an oceanview or general location of your villa.

Deborah E.
May 28, 2008

katiec29 wrote:
When you rent from redweek owners can you call the hotel and request an ocean view? Or do you rent a specific unit unlike renting from Newport Villas directly?

Yes, you can request ocean view, or any other requests with the hotel as if you were an owner, but owners at their home resort will get preference in getting their requests filled. As an owner, I've always gotten what I asked for at this resort.

Gary A.
Aug 03, 2008

Katie,

Gary is correct that owners get dibs on the ocean views. I just got back from there and was given a canyon view, though the reservation was made through the owner, it was a split week reservation and takes a back seat to a full week reservation. With the resort at 90% filled with owners and only 10% of trades, that left little room to relocate to another room. The front desk said the rooms are assigned about two weeks prior to check in.

garya92 wrote:
katiec29 wrote:

Yes, you can request ocean view, or any other requests with the hotel as if you were an owner, but owners at their home resort will get preference in getting their requests filled. As an owner, I've always gotten what I asked for at this resort.

Steve P.
Feb 12, 2009

Specific units are assigned at check-in. Owners have no precedence over renters. If you are a regular renter, look around as to the units you would prefer for next time.

Byron W.
Jan 10, 2010

SOME OWNERS PAID EXTRA WHEN PURCHASING FOR OCEAN VIEW..ALL OTHERS ARE LUCK OF THE DRAW

Cathleen H.
Jan 10, 2010

Not So !! Premium prices were paid for the time of year of the reservation (4th of July or New Years). Also the second week in June to the end of the year (Platinum Season). The Gold Season is from the first of the year through the first week in June. Specific suites are assigned upon check-in. If you want some say in where you stay, show up early.

Byron W.
Jan 11, 2010

we were specifically asked whether we wanted an ocean veiw within the premium season, which cost more.

Cathleen H.
Jun 10, 2010

I am interested in knowing if any other owners have had renters that negotiate a renter price, but when it is accepted, no check is forwarded and they are never heard from again. It would seem that some type of game is being played. Since I have rented one of my units successfully every year, I have never experienced this before and it leads me to shy away from using RW next year. I do have other options.

Eileen H.
Jun 10, 2010

eileenh32 wrote:
I am interested in knowing if any other owners have had renters that negotiate a renter price, but when it is accepted, no check is forwarded and they are never heard from again. It would seem that some type of game is being played. Since I have rented one of my units successfully every year, I have never experienced this before and it leads me to shy away from using RW next year. I do have other options.

I have never had this problem with RW or Craigslist. I tell people that the rental will stay listed until I receive their check within 3-4 days. I don't change the reservation with Marriott until the check clears the bank, and then I send them an email confirmation of the reservation with their name on it.

Gary A.
Jul 27, 2010

byronw wrote:
Specific units are assigned at check-in. Owners have no precedence over renters. If you are a regular renter, look around as to the units you would prefer for next time.

I am renting a unit from an owner for the 2nd week in August. I just called a few days ago to request a certain building and was told that owners staying at the resort get preference based on when they made the reservation and when they made their specific request. Non-owners preferences are dealt with after owners.

Jim S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.