The Cove at Yarmouth

COVE AT YARMOUTH, MA

May 01, 2008

Question for all Cove owners: Has anyone been contacted from the resort about a meeting.................I have and they won't tell you what it's about, does anyone know? I'm assuming it's about buying another unit or converting to points.

Let me know if you have gone.

Thanks, Chas

Pamela T.
Sep 01, 2014

A Certified letter was sent to all Cove time share owners over six months ago regarding the conversion to a points system at a cost of over $5,300. As an option you can choose to buy a 2 bedroom , 2 bath luxury Time share in Lincoln NH for about $8,500 and the conversion to the RCI point system would be included. In doing so you would accumulate over 72,000 points per year. The original mailed offer was for a 1 bedroom, 1 bath unit. 100 units were set aside for the conversion and 138 Cove owners responded . So a result the 38 families were given instead a two bedroom unit since the 1 bedroom units were already sold. Through a set of bizarre circumstances it was discovered that about 60 Cove owners never received the certified letter so now the 60 of us are been called for an appointment to have the options presented. We met with a representative last Friday,8/29. The deadline to decide is around September 10, 2014.

James K.
Sep 16, 2014

Honestly I see zero value in this. As someone with a prime Summer fixed week I think they should be offering a cash payout to me for allowing my prime week to be part of their program, and they want it permanently..YIKES! Why would anyone do this rather than just joining a temporary exchange program like RCI, II or best of all for folks who own mid winter weeks..DAE. I I don't see how this program would benefit anyone except the organization pushing their permanent points system. Can you imagine buying into it...EVER trying to sell it down the road? I can't.

James L.
Oct 15, 2014

I absolutely agree with you. A few years ago they sent someone to my home in Florida to talk about converting to points and after talking for 45 minutes he told me it would cost $5800 I asked him to leave as he was waist ing his time and mine.

Carolyn K.

Last edited by phyl21 on Oct 15, 2014 08:56 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.