Casa Dorada at Medano Beach

Problems at Casa Dorado Mendino Beach, Cabo?

May 13, 2008

We are booked in for two weeks and looking forward to the visit. A friend told me he had seen a posting that called Casa Dorado a party hotel, loud, noisy and unsafe. Sounds bad Huh? Anyone who has stayed there have an opinion?

Robert M.
May 14, 2008

I can't imagine that this is true. There are not many reviews out there yet, but the ones I've see are positive -- check hotels.com and expedia.com. Hopefully, we'll be staying there as well.

Shelly B.
May 15, 2008

shellyb3 wrote:
I can't imagine that this is true. There are not many reviews out there yet, but the ones I've see are positive -- check hotels.com and expedia.com. Hopefully, we'll be staying there as well.

Thanks. We are hoping it lives up to its advertising. We love Cabo but this is the first time we will be near downtown.

Robert M.
May 18, 2008

robertorvaleriem wrote:
shellyb3 wrote:

Thanks. We are hoping it lives up to its advertising. We love Cabo but this is the first time we will be near downtown.

It just opened in January- The ME next door is the party hotel and I use the word party loosely, its still relatively calm. I was so impressed with Casa Dorado when I toured it back in january I bought a timeshare. You should have no problems with it being too much of a party hotel.

Heidi F.
Jul 29, 2008

robertorvaleriem wrote:
We are booked in for two weeks and looking forward to the visit. A friend told me he had seen a posting that called Casa Dorado a party hotel, loud, noisy and unsafe. Sounds bad Huh? Anyone who has stayed there have an opinion?
Please rest assured this is one of the most high end resorts in Cabo. We stayed for one week last Feb. and though they were not finished construction, we loved the whole experience. Trust me people who stay there are not loud party people, it is much more upscale than that! I highly recommend Casa Dorada, I only wish we were going back to see the final touches!

Ken W.
Jul 29, 2008

totally not true - it is quiet, peaceful - fabulous!!!

Heidi F.
Nov 19, 2008

This is actually the opposite... my wife and I honeymooned there in October 08. It was quiet and wonderfully nice ... its secured so noone from outside the hotel is allowed in unless its as a guest (unlike the ME Cabo next door for example).

We met 2 other honeymoon couple as well as another couple (15 yrs married) ... had so much fun. Hotel is so close to town ... all the nice restaurants and fun places to go ... within walking distance!

The staff was so nice and accomodating ... actually made several friends who worked there. It is on the best part of the beach ... all the boats, parasailing, jet ski"s r right outside.

5 Stars all the way!!!

Ken

Ken D.
Nov 20, 2008

We stayed our two weeks (Sept-Oct) and had a wonderful time. The hotel is a definite 5 star from the general manager all the way. The staff was responsive and very friendly. The food was excellent but a bit pricy. It is an safe easy walk to downtown, the marina and City Club store. It can get a bit loud about dusk as the dinner cruises sail by and blast the hotels with their music and the cantina on the beach gets reved up. However by 8 PM it was quiet. Oh yes, the timeshare locusts attacked when you check in. You just have to be rude to escape. The second day they ignore you if you ignore them. We highly recommend the Casa Dorada!

Robert M.
Jan 13, 2009

We stayed there over Thanksgiving '08 for 10 days. Also stay there last May '08 for 7 days. The resort is fantastic, clean, and almost European in design. The rooms are big to huge, the pool is great. The private beach is to die for..... The Mango Deck - food and drink sits just 2 minutes away (right next to but far better than the Office). The only noise is on Thursday nights when they have a band playing in the downstairs facility.The band quits about 11 pm. The rest of the time the place is really quite - the beach is dead by 10:30.... if you want night life you'll have to go into town - a 6 dollar ride away, or a 12 to 15 minute walk to the marina - 20 to 25 minutes to CaboWabo (sp) or you can take a water taxi during the day. Everything is pretty darn close. I've stayed all over the world and this resort is 4 to 4.5 star. For comparison, the best Hilton I've ever been in is maybe a 4 star. A great holiday inn express won't touch 3 stars. The beds - I wanted to take it home... Even the pillows are good - and if you know Mexico, that can be a hard thing to find. BTW, we're going down again in May if not sooner. You'll be pleased at your choice. Full disclosure - we're owners and we're ecstatic! We bought when it was a big dirt hole in the ground in early '06 and I'm so very happy we did! It's the best resort on Medano Beach by far!

Bill R.

Last edited by billr43 on Jan 13, 2009 07:23 PM

Feb 14, 2009

Holla....we bought a VIP membership in Feb 2008 after the sales pitch on a cruise into CSL. Just returned from a fabulous 2 weeks there in Feb 2009 with our three children and their families, who were all very impressed and will return next year. We witnessed only one noisy "government" party on the beach at CD the last night of our stay. The worst part of that was the butchering of Journey songs by the Mexican Rock band entertaining the govt. officials. Ooops, almost forgot the Super Bowl party and the Cardinal fans who whooped it up 2 1/2 minutes from the end of the game......and their loud groans and sighs with 17 seconds left in the game. I have nothing but high remarks for CD, so much so that we upgraded our membership to a 30 year commitment....keeping our fingers crossed but so far, an outstanding 5 star location with excellent service (remembering what a "mexican" minute means) and no complaints with the facilities. Everyone there is willing to ensure that you get what you want and need.........usually. Their prices are high, but not out of line with the other local resorts and bars.

Timothy R.
Mar 08, 2009

Glad to hear all this good stuff about the Casa Dorada, we will be there from july 13-27th 2009 for my 70th birthday, l am looking forward to rowdy,drunkass partying for 2 weeks. That is what Baja is for. If you fear a good time and rowdiness go to Salt lake city. charles671

Charles K.
May 11, 2009

Place is great, bed was awesome and the noise was nothing when you closed the doors which i hated to do love sleeping to a ocean breeze.Slept the best i have in many years.

James M.
Oct 05, 2009

we were there in July for my birthday,yeah it is kinda loud, but from great music,and people having a great time a beautiful scene. It is no Disneyland,nor Forestlawn. if kids want amusement they and all the otherkids will create there own disneyland, if you want to RIP do not go there. Security-- it is a POW camp with thongbikinies, and a swimup bar. the town of Los Cabos is not much different from any other beach resort, same junk jewelery, not very cheap food&drinks. the Mexican police carry Uzzies and are all over the place. Most american cities should be as safe.

Charles K.
Feb 01, 2010

We stayed in Sept 2009 with our 3 year old, and another couple with a 3 year old and one year old (2 bedroom) The place was AMAZING! Unfortunately at the time we visited, the kids pool and the pool with the swim up bar were closed for renovation; however, due to the view and proximity to town, this didn't bother us that much (even with the jackhammer). The kids club is good if you want to drop your kids off for awhile to have dinner or just lay out by the pool. It's free and sufficient, you just have to stay on property. The rooms are fabulous and have a magnificant view of the arch. Previous review is correct that the you don't hear much when you close the doors. We did not buy, but mainly because we have another timeshare in Los Cabos- if not, we would have purchased! If you want quiet, I recommend coming off season (Sept-Nov). I imagine it would be hard not to enjoy this place....

Ilana B.

Last edited by ilanab3 on Feb 02, 2010 08:09 AM

Feb 19, 2010

We are current owners at Casa Dorada and have spent 2 weeks there. This is not a "party" hotel. The Hotel next door, the ME, is usually a party-type hotel. During my 2 stays there, is was very quite at the Casa Dorada. You may get a few party types at any resort, but I have found the owners there are an older, more mature bunch.

John H.
Jun 19, 2010

We are owners and find the place peaceful and great to stay in. There are restaurants (The Office) to the right in front of the hotel on the beach but the noise there was not a problem.

Carl M.
Jun 19, 2010

So not true, even if it is, best sleep i ever got in my life was a casa dorada for a week...

James M.
Apr 10, 2011

Billr43:

Have you been back since? I am going there this month is it still clean and great anyone?

Danica S.
Apr 08, 2014

The ME is next door and it is a younger party type hotel with a club inside that stays open till the wee hours. That may be what they are hearing. The times I have been at the Casa Dorado it has been great. No problems.

robertorvaleriem wrote:

Donna G.
Apr 10, 2014

No it was a not a party hotel. It is a first class hotel. The noise is from a beach bar in front of the Casa Dorado. Fortunately it stops about 11 pm and the Casa Dorado has good sound resistance. We were more than pleases as were our family and friends.

We haven't returned because of the violence reported in Mexico.

Robert M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.