Timeshare Companies

Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Nov 02, 2011

Just remember... Cockroaches WILL run when you shine a light on them!

Stay tuned...

David L.
Nov 02, 2011

Take a Pepcid. If I got upset over everyone I do business with contributing to politicians and causes I don't like, I'd never get anything done. Let's keep politics out of this, please. We are supposed to be a friendly forum dedicated to helping each other.

Annette R.
Nov 02, 2011

:)

Tammy S.

Last edited by tammy326 on Jan 18, 2012 02:07 PM

Nov 02, 2011

It is about buying access and influence. Funny how this was one time our money. Look at his contributions at: http://transparencydata.com/contributions/#Y3ljbGU9MjAxMiZjb250cmlidXRvcl9mdD1jbG9vYmVjayZmb3JfYWdhaW5zdD1mb3I= or http://transparencydata.com/contributions and search contributor. It is a small fortune.

Philip B.
Nov 02, 2011

Hello DRI Hawaii friends,

This appears more complicated now with the clear connection to politics that we did not choose, but DRI/Cloobeck did...

Please don't separate yourselves from the rest of the DRI folk. DRI isn't just a Hawaii group. They didn't start in Hawaii, and their main offices are in Las Vegas. To make it even more interesting, last year - to my utter amazement - I found that they were in the same office as Interval International, and my first observations were that Interval Int'l (which exchanges our DRI points/weeks for other resorts) were more closely tied to DRI than just that...and it seemed wrong. I didn't pursue that any more, just yet.

My point is that this is political because Cloobeck is using our funds to make it so!! Obama's "home" state is Hawaii!! The complicated nature of this means that the more national and international (e.g. St. Maarten) irregularities/injustices need to be brought to bear upon any battle...especially as our St. Maarten DRI friends have already won their/her skirmish and the judge there dared to say that he knew more. My hope is the rebel state AZ might take this more seriously. I know that it was eventually moved to the Sr. Investigator and they wanted to know if I was a lawyer b/c of the amount of research I'd done. They took note.

Yet, the way that Arizona treated my case - sending it to Nevada - may say more. Perhaps it really is NV Atty Gen'l that AZ is trying to "awaken" ...Perhaps AZ is saying to them that the US and Int'l travel community is appalled that such theft is being allowed by a company in their state with offices worldwide.

Please don't leave out the larger community here. I think that although it complicates things to think more globally than Hawaii, the reality is just that. There are more people who hopefully can join with us. What if the NV Atty-General begins to hear that judges are making these determinations against the company lodged in their state!

Cindy K.
Nov 02, 2011

Excuse my typo...Hawaii, not the "home" state of Obama, but the "birth" state. Thanks. Shouldn't political contributions using our maintenance fees and sales of time in our properties be disclosed before purchase?

Cindy K.
Nov 02, 2011

The new travel bill to be signed by Obama this week. 1.6 million new tourists?! Using our units in this "Cloobeck scheme" to lure other unsuspecting people, from abroad now, into their thieves' den. Who will protect them? Which government, federal or state office, dares to protect its people from the "bottom line sickness" (even when the bottom line came from fraud)? Where are the true leaders and government agencies that are supposed to protect? Bigger government, but not better protection.

Cindy K.
Nov 02, 2011

Complain with the NV Atty General as well as the state in which you purchased. Perhaps NV will take this more seriously - DRI headquarters are based in Las Vegas.

Cindy K.
Nov 02, 2011

http://www.getpayback.com/real-estate/diamond-resorts-international-las-vegas/

Cindy K.
Nov 04, 2011

On St Maarten Diamond resorts are opening two NEW bar restaurants at Flamingo Beach Resort and at Royal Palm... and with what money will they be paid?

Pamela J.
Nov 04, 2011

Everybody else's!

David L.
Nov 05, 2011

As soon as I can have the two judgments AGAINST Stephen CLOOBECK where he lost his slander case against me I will surely put it on the internet. That man has too many political connections and here on St Maarten surely. I have also the piece from the Daily Herald where it is a request to open two new restaurants. I understand that people can object to that as well.,.. do it from Hawaii too! www.dailyherald.com.... or contact them and search the notice. Unfortunately I have intenet problems but I shall try and get the information. My lawyer also said to put the judgments on the internet but at the moment they are in Dutch.. Soon its time for him!

Pamela J.
Nov 08, 2011

I sent an e-mail to Attorney McKeon but did not get any response. I was just wondering if he had any updates regarding a possible class action suit.

Linda H.
Nov 09, 2011

Edwin Maduro is NOT a lawyer!!!!!!. Do NOT use him. He is a crook and steals money. Perhaps he got lucky winning your case. He is NOT licensed to practice law. If you need a lawyer check with the Bar association.

Suflo W.
Nov 11, 2011

sherik43 wrote:
I just got off the phone with DRI Collections supervisor and was informed that if you have points that are paid up i.e. no outstanding loan, that there is no foreclosure, penalty, or report to credit bureau for not paying maintenance fees anymore.

They will not put it in writing but assured me that failure to pay maintenance on points (paid up) is not a foreclosure issue and per DRI ABC policy will simply cancel within a 6 month timeframe after collections notices that the account is defaulting.

Deeds are viewed different according to the Collection Dept. Supervisor. Stopping maintenance fees on deeds will result in the foreclosure process. I didn't ask what that process is exactly but it would be worth the call to have it come from their mouth (all calls are recorded and files include all communications).

I hope this helps even though it sounds like many owners have deeds versus points. I am documenting the "instruction" and will simply stop paying come the 2012 maintenance fee statement.

Hi - I am in this situation - points paid up .... but am looking to just get away from DRI ... in your message you said that you are documenting the instruction... how are you doing this ? Who did you initially contact at DRI about this ? If you have contact info for who I should contact at DRI to do this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Phil

Phil K.
Nov 11, 2011

Did they ALSO say that the "Water Intrusion Assessment" would be forgiven? That is not the same as your maintenance fees. They have been very specific until now that nobody gets to walk away from the assessment.

David L.

Last edited by davidl712 on Nov 11, 2011 03:26 AM

Nov 11, 2011

to philk34;

I wrote down every answer to every question particularly addressing their ABC (assessment billing collections) policy wherein it states what DRI will do when your payment goes into default. This policy comes with your statement every year.

I talked directly to the Collections supervisor, Ricky, and told him I was writing everything down. It was like pulling teeth because, as you can imagine, they are not to encourage walking away.

I asked him for the recording reference number for our conversation but he said he couldn't provide that and that it was unnecessary. I called enough times and I did notice they were logging in our conversations.

But, if I were you I would record it for yourself with your answering machine or whatever you have available.

We plan on writing a letter when our bill comes explaining our intent to walk away per DRI instructions.

Collections and Legal Dept. are located together in Las Vegas. It sounds like a very small dept. as does alot of their depts.

I initially spoke with 2 Owner Enhancement employees who confirmed what Ricky stated. I spoke with Ricky because he would be in control of the billing and legal procedure.

Let me know what you learn. You can email me at sherik50@gmail.com

We'll see. As far as the water intrusion, I don't know anything about that as a points member. Maybe I'll be surprised when I get the bill, but apparently we are US Collection owners only even though we have usage for all resorts.

Let me know what you learn.

Sheri K.
Nov 11, 2011

We need ALL owners to register at www.poipuowners.org It is essential that we approach this with a well focused, cohesive message and well orchestrated campaign. If you are NOT happy, join now!

David L.
Nov 11, 2011

We need ALL owners to register at www.poipuowners.org Only with a set of clear goals and grievances can we move forward. We need to present a united front with clear and concise points presented in a consistent manner. Registered owners will be getting several very important emails this weekend laying out our FIRST round strategy. If you are NOT happy, register now!

David L.
Nov 13, 2011

OWNERS: CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS - We are currently seeking assistance from other owners. Please volunteer. We are especially seeking help from individuals with the following skills: Forensic Accountant, Public Relations/Media Professional, Private Investigator, and CPA to serve as Treasurer.

ALL volunteers will be welcomed. Please submit your desire to volunteer as well as a resume to PoipuPointOwner2011@comcast.net. We do ask that all volunteers be willing and available to attend bi-weekly phone conferences.

David L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.