Timeshare Companies

Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Nov 13, 2011

If you have already registered at www.poipuowners.org you should have received an email with a letter writing campaign to send off to many officials. If you DID NOT receive it, contact PoipuPointOwner2011@comcast.net and request it.

David L.
Nov 14, 2011

looking for philk34:

i haven't heard back from you regarding the questions you had on this site; i sure hope you aren't a dri spy!

Sheri K.
Nov 14, 2011

I'm so happy for owners in Hawaii that you are movingforward with this. Thanks for letting us know that you want owners from other states/DRI locations to participate. With the name so clearly for the owners in Hawaii, I'm not sure that our other resorts are covered. Is there wording that will be included for these owners? Are the laws in other states something that the lawyers will consider?

Will update you on what happened after talking to the duty investigator about DRI in AZ.

Cindy K.
Nov 16, 2011

I am a dri owner that purchased in Arizona from Suntara several years ago and can not tell you how discusted I am with my maint. fee that has grown from less than $700.00 with SUNTARA to $1700.00 with dri. I am interested in whats going on but don't know if your action would include me as a US COLLECTIONS owner.please respond.THANKS

David A.
Nov 17, 2011

Hi Sherik-I sent you an email requesting info on the phone # for the DRI in Nevada. I am donating my deeded one for the Point at Poipu but they won't take my points. If I can talk to them like you did and just surrender my points (they are paid off) I can be done with this whole mess once and for all! I assure you I am in no way related to DRI!!! If you don't want to publish the # please email me...Thanks!

Rick M.
Nov 17, 2011

Everything I keep reading is that they will take your deed and then put you in collections for the water intrusion assessment anyway. That way they have everything they want; your deed and your $6,000 per interval assessment!

David L.
Nov 17, 2011

To Candid and all DRI owners, or in US Collections,

I spoke to the Duty Officer (who also handles criminal investigations) in AZ. He admitted that the Real Estate Sr. Investigator, Robin King didn't do enough to help with the laws) that have been broken. I will send the link to the website for AZ which gives laws for real estate/timeshares in a later entry.

He told me this: Attorney General's offices in all states depend on numerous complaints against a company before they take action. And...you have to be careful that you call the company by the same name. So, in my case (and Candid, your case) the transfer from Sunterra to DRI (Diamond Resorts, Diamond Resorts InternationL) is confusing.

For all owners, or those in collections, please call the state's (where you purchased) Attorney General and give the same name - even if another company was purchased. May I suggest we all stick with "Diamond Resorts International" in order to get the clearest information to the Attorney Generals?

We need to fill out the complaint form on the website for Real Estate (in NV - the headquarters and AZ or your state of purchase) - and clearly add "Diamond Resorts International" unless someone believes there's a better name. Then...and this is important...call NV's Attorney General. It appears that the real estate division there has the phone #: 702-486-4033. Mr. Jan R. Holle is the Chief Compliance Audit Investigator - though I'm not sure this is the right contact. Mr. Holle said in a letter: "the Real Estate Division only has jurisdictional authority over the actions of NV Real Estate licensees, and extends to their compliance with teh NV Revised Statutes and NV Admin Code in a real estate transaction.

The last part of that doesn't make sense to me. Surely Diamond Resorts Int'l needs a license to operate the "mother" from NV. It just takes enough complaints! Then, contact AZ. Here, Robin King Sr Investigator is important. Her phone number is 602-771-7734.

Even if they (NV and your home state of purchase investigator) say it's not under their jurisdiction, please take a stand and explain that Diamond Resorts International has and is misleading, misrepresenting, and has set up a corrupt scheme of fraud against what appear to be thousands and even tens of thousands. With the new law mentioned in earlier posts for visitors from overseas (Cloobeck introduced Pres Obama and seems ready to benefit at the expense of others).

thanks, Cindy

Cindy K.
Nov 17, 2011

rickm325 wrote:
Hi Sherik-I sent you an email requesting info on the phone # for the DRI in Nevada. I am donating my deeded one for the Point at Poipu but they won't take my points. If I can talk to them like you did and just surrender my points (they are paid off) I can be done with this whole mess once and for all! I assure you I am in no way related to DRI!!! If you don't want to publish the # please email me...Thanks!

Rick....be cautious about donating your deed without investigating further. The donation part is great, but make sure you will be released by the organization that you donate to.

Keith P.

Last edited by kpaul5257 on Jan 29, 2012 03:16 PM

Nov 18, 2011

I also would like to get rid of DRI ownership without damaging my credit rating. Please let me know what you have done or planing to do. I need help, thank you.

Eugene D.
Nov 18, 2011

We hope to be able to release more info after Thanksgiving. Please wait for our group to make some more headway. If you haven't registered yet, go to www.poipuowners.org so that you can join our fight! We are pressing ahead as I type.

David L.
Nov 20, 2011

ATTN: All Poipu Deeded & Points owners

COPP is presenting some thoughts about the situation we all find ourselves in...

There is strong evidence of water damage at our resort. That is an unfortunate fact. DIAMOND RESORTS INTERNATIONAL has stated definitively and repeatedly that anyone currently affiliated with our resort is responsible for their share of the "Water Intrusion Assessment," or approximately $5,800 per interval owned.

DIAMOND RESORTS INTERNATIONAL has stated that failure to pay your assessment will result in foreclosure on your interval. HOWEVER, they have also indicated that they will pursue, through means including collections, your portion of the water intrusion assessment even after foreclosure. In other words, as it stands right now, only by paying your assessment can you avoid collections action.

Fast Answers: There have been internet postings where an owner at Poipu has been told by a company that if they paid them, they would take their interval and file a class action lawsuit to relieve them of their responsibility for the assessment. Our advice is to remain sceptical. They will have your deed and you are still responsible for the assessment. Remember, IF IT IS NOT IN WRITING, YOU HAVE NOTHING! Even then, it might only be worth the paper it is written on. Another owner posted that he was told by DIAMOND RESORTS INTERNATIONAL that if they were to walk away he would not be held responsible for his maintenance fees. Remember, your "MAINTENANCE FEE" is different from your "WATER INTRUSION ASSESSMENT." If you walk away now, you will lose your deed and yet you are still responsible for the water intrusion assessment. Pay attention to the details! We have seen emails forwarded to COPP by other owners, that if you pay $8,960.00 you can purchase points and GIVE THEM YOUR DEED! The down payment is $2,900.00 (more than your first installment on the assessment!) and a monthly payment of $227). Now you no longer OWN A DEEDED PROPERTY. BUT, you are now liable for almost half again as much as the assessment AND, they have your deed!

Suggestions: Monitor the internet for information regularly. Check out RedWeek.com and you will see that there are points owners being assessed just like the deeded owners. Make certain that you understand that there is no guarantee that you will not be hit with an assessment in the future AND you will also see lots of points owners being rocked by enormous increases in their annual fees. www.poipuowners.org is your website – make sure your register! This will put you on our mailing list and give you the most recent information on what is happening. Follow discussions regularly at the following: https://www.facebook.com/pointatpoipu https://blog.poipuowners.org

David L.
Nov 27, 2011

Hi sherik43 -

I did send you an email . Did you get it ? And I am not a DRI spy ...lol

Thanks, Phil

Phil K.
Nov 27, 2011

Hi Phil, I just sent you an email through my gmail. If you have any questions let me know. Good to know you're not a spy! :P

Sheri K.
Nov 27, 2011

to eugene:

we plan to not pay our 2012 fees and let our membership default. if you have only points and you're a U.S. Collections owner only (look at your 2012 statement heading) and you're all paid up, you can walk away. don't pay 2012 maintenance fees. they'll send you late notices and probably a generic letter warning they'll turn it over to a collections agency or whatever then they'll terminate your membership. that's roughly what i've been told by dri.

i know nothing about what's going on at Poipu resort. There were no fees on our statement regarding any water intrusion. if you're deeded, call Collections Dept. and talk to a supervisor and ask what you can do to terminate your ownership. hopefully they will give you real advice and not just try to keep you unaware of your rights. i personally don't know what dri can or cannot do.

Sheri K.
Nov 27, 2011

DRI may only honor what is in writing! Be very careful. There is no advantage to them to let you walk away unpaid. Make CERTAIN that any assurances which you have been given verbally are IN WRITING before you do anything!

David L.
Nov 27, 2011

It's true. If you don't have a loan on the points, they will just take your points and you're done. Poof! However, you cannot have a loan on the points.

Charles S.
Nov 27, 2011

Please notice that RipOff Britain will be broadcasting a report about Stephen Cloobeck and Diamond Resorts International and his dishonest actions on the British TV.. everybody join the DRIP Diamond Resorts International Protestors group on enjin.com... have a look as they have succeeded in exposing Stephen Cloobeck drip.enjin.com

Pamela J.
Nov 28, 2011

charless345 wrote:
It's true. If you don't have a loan on the points, they will just take your points and you're done. Poof! However, you cannot have a loan on the points.

hi charles; is this what you have done? or? would appreciate your info!

Sheri K.
Nov 28, 2011

It happened to me. Just don't pay the maintenance fees and they send you some notices and poof no more points.

The DRI rule book addresses this. Just remember that your points have to be paid in full. DRI will take away your points because you are paid in full and have not paid your maintenance fees. They can do this where they cannot do this as easily with a deeded property. At least that is the way it is here in the US.

Charles S.

Last edited by charless345 on Nov 28, 2011 09:05 PM

Nov 29, 2011

to charles: thanks! when did you walk away?

Sheri K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.