Timeshare Companies

Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Jan 18, 2012

History has shown that in war it is always best to fight on only one front. The more fronts which we can engage DRI on the better!

David L.
Jan 19, 2012

I got your message and contact information. Do you know other former Sunterra owers who are unhappy? I am meeting an attorney this afternoon and will have more information. Will call you or write under separate cover.

Rofingi C.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jan 19, 2012 11:03 PM

Jan 20, 2012

Does anyone know if we can deduct the water incursion fees on our taxes? I know maintanence fees are not but thought that this may be in a different catagory.

Philip B.
Jan 21, 2012

I am an extremely dissatisfied Sunterra/Diamond Resorts owner primarily because of the average 10% increase in maintenance costs annually.

Bill Devens

William G.
Jan 21, 2012

A 10% increase would be "cute" compared to what some of their resorts are feeling, especially since as the fees go up the resorts decline!

David L.
Jan 28, 2012

Any latest news on the Point ???

Sheila M.
Jan 29, 2012

we just returned from an exchange with the club. We were told our home resort(Powhattan in Virginia have a special assessment of 50 million dollars this year and therefor we should put the resort plus 2 other timeshares we oun into their trust and never have to pay another maintainence fee. o f course you do because only the name changes and it now is a points fee, In addition to giving them 3 timeshare units we would only pay 10,000 dollars and get 4000 points. Have you had much interest from other members? I realize your post is from 6 months ago but just now found this site. And they were really quite rude when I pointed out the ridiculousness of their offer.

million dollars.

Donna Y.
Feb 04, 2012

GuidoB

Can you advise of any progress you have made with legal action? I am fed up with DRI and I want to also take legal action. You can only push someone so far. Thanks

JohnDoucette52@gmail.com

John D.
Feb 04, 2012

I have not yet had any serious problems with DRI, although I do agree that they have reduced benefits from what they were under Sunterra. The fees go up every year, and we get less for them. Under Sunterra, you could exchange within the Sungterra owned resorts for no additional fee. Now you cannot do that anymore. Either you have to use Interval and pay their fee or buy into the Club so you can exchange your points. I bought into the club about 10 years ago and I now have 15000 points per year with a deed at Grand Beach near Orlando, FL. But I use my points for exchanges. This year we are spending 2 weeks in the Smoky mountains, and I was able to use points that I had banked last year for a first class plane ticket from the east coast to California to visit my family there. I got the check for the plane ticket within two weeks. So I have not run into any real problems. But when I read all these posts, I feel fearful of what might happen in the future!

Annette R.
Feb 04, 2012

Agreed. There is action pending...

David L.
Feb 04, 2012

I SOO want to get out of my diamond resort. They took over ILX and put us in a group that gets little to nothing (we can't even "exchange" the points they gave us to get into our "home " resort which we had "deeds" to. ) Anyone else having this trouble...and is their any LEGAL thing we can do to them???

Karla M.
Feb 05, 2012

https://www.facebook.com/pointatpoipu www.poipuowners.org

B S.
Feb 05, 2012

sheilam206 wrote:
Any latest news on the Point ???
https://www.facebook.com/pointatpoipu poipuowners.org

B S.
Feb 05, 2012

Why did Elizabeth Brennan resign from DRI? Was it because her mother was elected to the HOA at Poipu? dianas232

Diana S.
Feb 06, 2012

dianas232 wrote:
Why did Elizabeth Brennan resign from DRI? Was it because her mother was elected to the HOA at Poipu? dianas232

Probably to take another post given to her by DRI or an affiliate, so as to make the point that the Board Of Directors is not controlled by Diamond.... To erode any legitimate legal action that is forthcoming..

Michael D.
Feb 06, 2012

davidl712 wrote:
Agreed. There is action pending...

WHEN, I have been hearing this for well over two years, but to be fair, I know it is a complicated set of issues... There is a degree of fraud also involved in the many complaints I have read, and made...

Michael D.
Feb 06, 2012

We are not at liberty to reveal details, but there IS action in the near future. Register at www.poipuowners.org to receive news as soon as the attorneys authorize the release of information.

David L.
Feb 07, 2012

HERE'S THE THING IF GO ALONG WITH THIS ASSUMPTION THAT THE OWNERS ARE RESPONSIBLE AND AGREE TO PAY THAN YOU OPEN THE DOOR WITH CONTINUE LIABILITY DOWN THE ROAD. DRI HAS DEVELOPED A CONCEPT TO BILK THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OUT OF A DIEING INDUSTRY ESPECIALLY IN THESE FINANCIALLY DIFFICULT TIMES. WE DO NOT PHYSICALLY OWN THE BUILDINGS IN AS MUCH WE AS TIME OWNERS CAN'T GET TOGETHER AND SELL THESE RESORTS! NO DRI DOES! AFTER THE HURRICANE WENT OVER POIPU IN THE EARLY 90'S THE RESORT WAS DAMAGED AND HAD TO BE REPAIRED. THE WORK WAS PERFORMED CORRECTLY FOR THE CODES AT THAT TIME. WHAT HAPPENED? IF WORK WAS PERFORMED TO CODE AND THERE IS INSURANCE IN PLACE WHY ARE WE BEING BILLED FOR WHAT OUR INSURANCE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR? WE VISITED KAANAPALI IN 2011 AND WAS OFFERED MORE TIME TO ADD TO OUR POINTS AND NOTHING WAS TOLD TO US ABOUT LIABILITY. IN THE SPRING OF 2011 WE WENT ON A PRESENTATION AT THE SAN LUIS BAY INN. AT THAT TIME WE WERE OFFERED TO CHANGE OUR COLLECTION FOR THE CALIFORNIA COLLECTION AND ALL IT WOULD TAKE IS A FEW EXTRA THOUSANDS TO DO THIS. ONE OF THE POINTS TO JUSTIFY THIS WAS THE EXTRA FEES THAT BEING LEVIED AGAINST THE HAWAIIAN COLLECTION! THAT IS WHEN WE FIRST HEARD ABOUT HOLE THING. THIS IS AGAINST THE LAW AND SHOULD BE STOP NOW! I SAY TO ALL THE OWNERS STOP - DON'T SEND DRI A DIME UNTIL THEY REMOVE EXTRA FEES AND GO BACK TO THE INSURANCE COMPANY WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BUILDINGS! BELIEVE ME IF EVERYONE STANDS UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT DRI WILL RETHINKS THIS JOKE! YOU CAN ALWAYS QUIT CLAIM THIS PROPERTY AND CALL IT A DAY AND MOVE ON. THERE ARE SO MANY RESORTS AND DEALS OUT THERE THAT DRI IS PRICING THEMSELVES OUT BUSINESS.

Dan K.
Feb 14, 2012

Hi there, I am a U.K. owner and live in Florida for six months a year. I have 11,000 Points and I am trying to sell them. I beleive that I can only sell them to U.K. Diamond resorts members. Firstly, do you know if that is correct and secondly do you know of a "Forum" type website in the U.K. I would be very intersted in your comments. Thank you Philip Lenson

Philip L.
Feb 23, 2012

Rip of britain was on BBC last night 22/2/12 regarding Diamond resort so if you go to BBC I Player rip of britain you will be able to find out what is going on.

margaret Urie

Margaret U.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.