Timeshare Companies

Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Feb 28, 2013

Also, Ms. Saniter's FAX is 1-808-527-8088.

Traci L.
Feb 28, 2013

Here we go again. I will be interested to see where this one goes. What are the fraud charges? Are you sure that what you SIGNED is not what you're getting?

Charles S.

Last edited by charless345 on Feb 28, 2013 11:16 AM

Aug 01, 2013

How do you go about doing a Quick Claim Deed?

gailm69 wrote:
I owned the floating time with another resort who eventually was taken over by Diamond. My time was paid for in full and maintenance up to date. Tried for YEARS to sell and even doing the buy back thing --to which DRI finally declared was no such thing. In the end, I did a Quit Claim Deed which means I just disassociated myself from the resort. It was well worth it to be out from under those snakes. You do have to file a copy of the quit claim deed with the county that the property is located to make it legal. This removes the property from your name and you are legally free from it. Don't trust a buy back program...you don't get squat from them--but you will be stress free forever. It was well worth it to be out from under sorry dealings as they do. Good luck .

Janice K.
Aug 05, 2013

You can only do a quit claim deed or any type of deed-back if the resort has agreed to accept the deed.

Tracey S.
Sep 12, 2013

in the same situation thinking of just giving up fully paid week 30 at mystic dunes we have had for 15 years and wondering if they have come after you for the maintenance fees

stevea265 wrote:
Hi - I assume you owned a week at Mystic Dunes and a year ago decided not to continue to pay maintenance fees. I am going to do the same thing. Can you tell me what action they have taken one year on? I live in the |United Kingdom and wonder how they will beable to chase me for the outstanding fees. A quick email to me at Wharfavon@aol.com would be appreciated

sherik43 wrote:
Hi Phil,

Since the maintenance bill comes from the Assessment Dept., that is who the letter will go to:

Assessment Fee Department Attention: Supervisor 10600 West Charleston Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89135-1014

RE: Membership xxxxxx- Allen and Sheri xxxxxxx

cc Collections Dept., Supervisor, Ricky cc Billing Dept. cc Financial Services

The letter is for DRI internal depts. in response to the maintenance bill. I will send the letter with my payment stub. It explains that we will not be paying our maintenance fees now or ever with a full explanation as to why.

I also may send a copy to other persons or groups of interest simply to share our timeshare testimony.

Stuart D.
Oct 09, 2013

Hi, Are there any details on "the settlement" anywhere online that users here know of? Thx

bruceb306 wrote:
charless345 wrote:
janetf155 wrote:
Count me in! janetf155

tracil45 wrote:
Hello Peter!

Yes, let's get our names together and find a public interest law firm that may help us ripped-off owners and former owners.

Hawaii has legal aid societies that may help with big, greedy corporations.

The lawsuit was settled.

The "Proposed Settlement" has yet to be approved by the Court.

Derek C.
Oct 09, 2013

derekc62 wrote:
Hi, Are there any details on "the settlement" anywhere online that users here know of? Thx

bruceb306 wrote:
charless345 wrote:
janetf155 wrote:
Count me in! janetf155

tracil45 wrote:
Hello Peter!

Yes, let's get our names together and find a public interest law firm that may help us ripped-off owners and former owners.

Hawaii has legal aid societies that may help with big, greedy corporations.

The lawsuit was settled.

The "Proposed Settlement" has yet to be approved by the Court.

I am surprised that this lawsuit settlement is still unapproved by the court. It should never have been settled short of the Discovery Process, as Diamond would have had many issues of potential fraud to answer too... I say potential only in that legal sense that "Fraud" is a criminal issue filed by the Prosecuting Attorney or the State Attorney General, but that in a civil complaint has a much lower threshold of proof that is required to win a judgement... I feel that I was the victim of a fraud committed by Diamond Resorts in the amount of over $ 56,000 ... So if you are going to push forward with a civil fraud suit, I will certainly be interested... I was very critical of the COPP group for selling out its members with this phony settlement... I have a copy of the Class Action suit filed by the group, and know that if they had gotten to discovery, Diamond would have paid out rather than open its records

Michael D.
Oct 10, 2013

As I understand, COPP had no say in the resolution of the suit. My communication through their website was answered with the fact that, in filing the lawsuit, there were members of each class selected, NONE of whom the attorneys would allow to be COPP principals. COPP had little in the way of info to offer except that which the plaintiffs were able to provide them.

David L.
Oct 11, 2013

davidl712 wrote:
As I understand, COPP had no say in the resolution of the suit. My communication through their website was answered with the fact that, in filing the lawsuit, there were members of each class selected, NONE of whom the attorneys would allow to be COPP principals. COPP had little in the way of info to offer except that which the plaintiffs were able to provide them.

I was told by the Leadership of the COPP that this lawsuit was their's, as I was part of the movement that began the origins of COPP... I split with the COPP because they only represented the Deeded Owners and did not care to protect the Points Owners who would loose their rights to the Point of Poipu, or had their availability to it severly restricted had COPP be able to eject DRI from its management of the resort

Michael D.
Oct 11, 2013

There were deeded AND point owners as class reps in the lawsuit. There was a notation on the website that the group had formerly been CDOPP, but revised the name and focus to protect points owners as well.

David L.
Oct 12, 2013

davidl712 wrote:
There were deeded AND point owners as class reps in the lawsuit. There was a notation on the website that the group had formerly been CDOPP, but revised the name and focus to protect points owners as well.

Not when they first formed and when Richard Batchelder was the President of the group... I doubt that you know the history of these issues... Even the water intrusion problems were not disclosed for more than a year after the group was formed.. I suggest you go through ALL of the back pages of these records...

Michael D.
Oct 12, 2013

In fact three of the five class representatives were points-based owners.

davidl712 wrote:

B S.
Nov 12, 2013

We have had a timeshare at Los Abrigados for 12 years. Our maintenance is now over $1400...and our points now only allow us "off-peak" vacation time. Can you truly walk away from it?

Linda B.
Nov 26, 2013

Diamond without authority now reducing my weeks to points which give me less time that previously. Also will not longer allow me to trade into Interval International. Anyone else facing this problem please contact me. I intend to file a lawsuit.

Ron P.
Nov 26, 2013

Before you get on these message boards, please make sure that you are accurate. DRI cannot take your week and turn it into points on their whim. Either you did not have a week in the first place and had points, or you had points from the beginning or some other configuration. However, if you had a week, then your week is still there and it cannot be taken from you if you have been paying your maintenance fees and met all other obligations.

If there is something more please share with us the specifics, but what you have written does not sound right.

rpimentel wrote:
Diamond without authority now reducing my weeks to points which give me less time that previously. Also will not longer allow me to trade into Interval International. Anyone else facing this problem please contact me. I intend to file a lawsuit.

Charles S.
Nov 27, 2013

I am accurate. I have a written letter from the Resort stating that I am a Weeks owner and stating the number of weeks and size of the units. Contracts denies this and says I am a Points owner because I am a UDI owner choosing to use the term UDI to mean Points. UDI has a specific legal meaning which has nothing to do with points. And I don't need a warning about posting on message boards.

Ron P.
Nov 27, 2013

rpimentel wrote:
I am accurate. I have a written letter from the Resort stating that I am a Weeks owner and stating the number of weeks and size of the units. Contracts denies this and says I am a Points owner because I am a UDI owner choosing to use the term UDI to mean Points. UDI has a specific legal meaning which has nothing to do with points. And I don't need a warning about posting on message boards.

Sorry about the warning. It's just that I see so many inaccurate pieces of information running across this board, it disturbs me sometime.

I guess you may have to pull out that letter from the resort and send a copy to both DRI and your HOA. If that doesn't solve it, I would look to see how it is recorded with the county.

Apparently the term UDI can be viewed in many different ways. I posted the link below to a thread on Timeshare Users Group that may help.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47145

Charles S.
Jan 10, 2014

Don't put any more $ in! Your original dues are built into the new dues and the "flexibility" option actually gives back less than actually using the points for a resort stay.

Annette J.
Jan 11, 2014

Send a complaint about Undercover Boss to CBS -- I did (as follows):

It is nothing short of SICK that you allowed Steven Cloobeck to use your show to portray himself as some sort of philanthropist. No amount of gifts to employees can make up for the millions (or even billions) he and his company continue to swindle people out of every day. I suggest you look at some of the comments of people who are stuck with DRI contracts struggling to get out of them. Check out RedWeek.com and this discussion, for example:

http://www.redweek.com/forums/messages?thread_id=18034&page=last&utm_source=forum-alert&utm_medium=email&utm_content=topic

The whole business model Cloobeck's company is based on is nothing short of a fraud-made-legal through the cozy connections between real estate developers and politicians.

People buy timeshares or "points" for an enormous sum, but if they want to sell them they find that nobody will even take them for free. In the meantime the developer can keep raising the annual maintenance fees to astronomical levels. The developer, if you question them, will say that the homeowners' association is responsible for setting the management fees, but on will find that in the vast majority of cases the HOA board members are connected with DRI.

You should be ashamed of yourselves for letting this greedy scumbag use your show to polish his image.

David K.
Jan 13, 2014

It doesn't make sense. I had to join the CLUB in order to convert my weeks to points. There was a $2000 fee to join and a membership fee every year which started at $135 and is now up to $300. This is supposed to allow me to split my weeks and to make exchanges for other DRI property without an additional fee. If I quit the CLUB, I am no longer able to do that, but have to make my exchanges through Interval for their fee. This has really turned out to be a rip off because I have never been able to split my weeks at any resort, and because DRI does not have enough properties that I want to exchange with. So I always end up going through Interval anyway. I have now accumulated way more points than I can use, and stand to lose them if I cannot do so by the banking limit, which I believe is two years.

Annette R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.