Hacienda del Mar Resort

Hacienda del Mar & ICE Timeshare

Aug 20, 2008

I recently bought time share at Hacienda del Mar...(fell in love with it) in July. At the time we purchased we were sold it as 1 week for 25 years at Hacienda del Mar and 1 week lifetime timeshare through a company called ICE. Now, the ICE people have contacted us stating that the membership is only good for a year. When I contacted the contracts people at Hacienda del Mar, they reassured me that the process could take up to 3 months and that indeed the ICE membership was lifetime. I am curious to see if anyone else has been in this situation. This is my first timeshare and I certainly don't want to be getting scammed. Any comments are welcome. Thank you!

Debi R.
Sep 13, 2008

Hello, Our ICE membership has been indeed for life. We've had it now for aprox. 11 years, and have never once been asked to pay membership again and we still have access to all benefits.

Melanie M.

Last edited by melaniem64 on Sep 18, 2008 10:10 AM

May 15, 2009

Would you be so kind as to expand on the "ICE" membership. I have been told by people who have gotten them as a "bonus" for buying a timeshare that they are bogus and really not worth anything. Being that you have owned it, any real advantages to it. thanks

Harold N.
May 26, 2010

We just got back from Hacienda Del Mar and are now owners as well with this beautiful and exquisite resort.

I spoke with Antonio, our sales rep from Cabo, earlier on the phone today and asked him the same question and he told me that ICE is complimentary for the first year. After that, if you want to remain using ICE there is a ONE TIME fee of $399, that is indeed lifetime. That isn't a huge amount overall, but it would have been nice to have been told that upfront amoung a couple of other things BEFORE we made the commitment and signed all our papers... Hope that helps even a little:)

Beth F.
Sep 07, 2010

I just bought a timeshare from the Hacienda del Mar and purchased the $399 lifetime when I called Ice they said really never heard of it on my account it is valid until 2045 . That is a long time so I am not unhappy with the price, however what I am really unhappy is that the Sales person told us we can trade our week for a cruise with no additional fees other than taxes and port charges. When I checked this out there is only an up to $1200 discount for your week. This is one reason I bought the timeshare I figured trading for a cruise would be well worth the $1300 maintenance fee. There were several other lies that were told to us that we are just finding out. We would be happy with our purchase if every thing that was told to us was true but we are finding out that we have been dupped and would love to cancel this contract. We are seriously thinking of getting a lawyer and filing based on fraud. Anyone else unhappy with their purchase? Why would I buy into ICE if you have RCI and SFX other than the even trade for a cruise which is not happening. Anyone else have this told to them?

Susan G.
Apr 14, 2011

I suggest posting your complaint on timesharescam.com. Others who were scammed have posted their complaints there. It could be that a class action lawsuit could be organized through the attorneys who created that website.

Lester W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.