Aug 25, 2008

I am trying to do my homework on finding a reputable company to handle renting out my timeshare. I know, I know, most of you do it yourselves and have been successful. However, I have 6 weeks to rent by Dec. 31 so I need some help on this. Anyway, I came across condolink worldwide, has anyone done business with them? Their website says "we don't make money until you make money". They warn against paying money upfront, say to look for a business that is part of the BBB, a member of ARDA and is a licensed realtor. However, I called them today and they want $279 to list, they are not a member of the BBB and are no longer involved with the ARDA. They were surprised when I quoted the info from their website. These are all red flags to me. But if there are a number of you who have dealt positively with them I may reconsider. Can anyone suggest some reputable companies to help me?

Thanks.

David W.
Aug 26, 2008

davidw673 wrote:
I am trying to do my homework on finding a reputable company to handle renting out my timeshare. I know, I know, most of you do it yourselves and have been successful. However, I have 6 weeks to rent by Dec. 31 so I need some help on this. Anyway, I came across condolink worldwide, has anyone done business with them? Their website says "we don't make money until you make money". They warn against paying money upfront, say to look for a business that is part of the BBB, a member of ARDA and is a licensed realtor. However, I called them today and they want $279 to list, they are not a member of the BBB and are no longer involved with the ARDA. They were surprised when I quoted the info from their website. These are all red flags to me. But if there are a number of you who have dealt positively with them I may reconsider. Can anyone suggest some reputable companies to help me?

Thanks.

============ List it yourself on the various websites with minimal or no cost. In addition to RedWeek, you can list it on TUG (www.tug2.net), vacationtimesharerentals.com(free), and/or myresortnetwork.com.

Mike N.
Aug 26, 2008

As Mike said, list them yourself on the websites he recommended, however since you need to rent 6 weeks by December 31 (not that far off) you will need to price your rentals competitively ... list them lower than others are listed at your resort. More people will see your rentals on internet timeshare ad sites, such as Redweek, than any of the other socalled rental agencies who will want a large upfront fee to ad your rental to a computer database that no one will ever see.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Aug 26, 2008 06:03 AM

Aug 26, 2008

davidw673 wrote:

Thanks.

They sound like scam artists to me. Keep lowering the price until you get a bite on your rentals. If you can't rent the weeks, give them to friends or relatives. Someday you might need a favor, and "good will" goes a long way to achieving one's goals. Stan.

stanleyf5
Aug 26, 2008

stanleyf5 wrote:
They sound like scam artists to me. Keep lowering the price until you get a bite on your rentals. If you can't rent the weeks, give them to friends or relatives. Someday you might need a favor, and "good will" goes a long way to achieving one's goals. Stan.

Exactly, any company (recommended or not) that asks for an upfront fee are scams.

R P.
Aug 26, 2008

There is only ONE Scam more disgusting than paying a FEE to 'Bank & Exchange' a TimeShareUnit..... and it is....paying a fee to an 'Agency' who 'claim' to be able to 'create a client'. Most of the 'Agencies' are staffed with people who cannot Name 3 continents nor have a Clue where YOUR Resort is located and how to get there.... SAVE your $$$ and use your Own Knowledge (with the good hints from previous posters).. It CAN be FUN to learn and have personal success ... Good Luck...really!

Donald D.
Aug 27, 2008

donaldd67 wrote:
There is only ONE Scam more disgusting than paying a FEE to 'Bank & Exchange' a TimeShareUnit..... and it is....paying a fee to an 'Agency' who 'claim' to be able to 'create a client'. Most of the 'Agencies' are staffed with people who cannot Name 3 continents nor have a Clue where YOUR Resort is located and how to get there.... SAVE your $$$ and use your Own Knowledge (with the good hints from previous posters).. It CAN be FUN to learn and have personal success ... Good Luck...really!

They are also staffed with people that have absolutely zero conscience ... never thinking twice about stealing money from a client with nothing in return.

R P.
Aug 27, 2008

jay jay, ....let's start a "Timesaver Movement".... OK? Firstly, IMNSHO (in-my-not-so-humble-opinion), this Forum has the 'potential' of being one of the most educational, practical, factual, interesting, websites with EASY Access..period! Now, I know you (and many others) know HOW to 'Gleen&Edit' previous postings, to which we may be replying.. so let's DO that and encourage others to follow. That is, save EVERYONE's Time by copying ONLY the Portion(s) of a previously posted message that NEEDS Highlighting or repetition. ..or, better yet, 'skip' the [Reply] and simply post our message without all that extra repetion. My apology to those who are offended by MY Capitalization (it is the only way I know how to HighLight my point. Oh, I just discovered and confirmed a second way... Fine.

Donald D.

Last edited by donaldd67 on Aug 27, 2008 10:51 AM

Aug 27, 2008

donaldd67 wrote:
jay jay, ....let's start a "Timesaver Movement".... OK? Firstly, IMNSHO (in-my-not-so-humble-opinion), this Forum has the 'potential' of being one of the most educational, practical, factual, interesting, websites with EASY Access..period! Now, I know you (and many others) know HOW to 'Gleen&Edit' previous postings, to which we may be replying.. so let's DO that and encourage others to follow. That is, save EVERYONE's Time by copying ONLY the Portion(s) of a previously posted message that NEEDS Highlighting or repetition. ..or, better yet, 'skip' the [Reply] and simply post our message without all that extra repetion. My apology to those who are offended by MY Capitalization (it is the only way I know how to HighLight my point. Oh, I just discovered and confirmed a second way... Fine.

If Redweek would change their forum software this would not be needed ... I realize this software is very confusing to the reader.

R P.
Jul 23, 2009

Do not use! They told us what we wanted to hear when we confirmed they could rent our week to get our bonus week. They claimed they could and they were very familiar with our timeshare company and work with their properties all the time. Once we signed the contract, they claimed they thought we were referring to something else even though that's the only way the timeshare company has been doing it for years. I found this out the next morningn after signing the contract and before they had a chance to market the property but they still refused to give us our money back. Credit card company won't help us since we signed the contract. Big scam!

Erika H.
Jun 06, 2011

took 825.00 dollars from us did nothing they are t a big scam.

Peter T.
Jun 15, 2011

I used them 20 years ago. They collected their up front cost and I never heard from them again. I would not use any company that you have to pay a fee to rent a property.

Joyce H.
Jan 28, 2016

We used them a long time ago. We paid the upfront money to list the rental and never heard another thing from them. The unit did not get rented. I would not use anyone that charges any fees up front.

davidw673 wrote:

Thanks.

Joyce H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.