Sep 14, 2008

My husband & I upgraded our units, in April 2007, to the new buildings, that would soon be under construction, on the mountain top. Owner occupancy in Spring of 2008. These are now under construction on the top of the mountain. Grand Bedroom Deluxe and Grand Deluxe, is what we purchased. We were expecting to be able to use our units this Spring, either in April or May. Of course there were permit delays, weather delays and etc. We understood that. We were told at that time, we would have occupancy, by mid July. Again more weather related delays and numerous other delays. Well as with any new construction we again understood this. We were told that we would not be able to use our units now until Mid November, around the 15. (By engineering dept) The reason being this time was, all the appliances were ready to go in each unit and the furniture as well as all of the other neccessary furnishings to make our new units beautiful . Well guess what?? Once again, we cannot use our units. EXCUSE this time WELL they just aren't ready. Now after months of promises and delays we are getting just a little bit unhappy. After talking to somone in management recently, I was told that the 5 star resturant was completed and the new Spa. Of course the buildings were put on the back burner because thier constructions crews were busy with the 5 star resturant, and constructions of the Spa. Bottom line, we owners, that had upgraded to a very pricey, 2 week vacation had been put aside to complete another pricey project at the resort. We were told in good faith that we would be able to use our units the Spring of 2008. I would like to know if there are any other owners reading this, that have had the same problem with thier new purchase of these units on the mountain top or with upgrading. As of today, Sept 14, 2008 we have yet been able to book our weeks( any unit) at Westgate Smokey Mountain Resort. According to resveravations office in FLA they are booked everytime I have called, no matter what week or weeks I request. Now is there something wrong with this picture or what, or is it just me? I would your feedback.

Barbara M.
May 27, 2009

I just stayed at the lodge on top of the mountain. 2 buildings are finished. It was beautiful. Only thing wrong with it is that the units dont have very big decks. Unable to eat outside like the cabins. But It is not short on emenities. Very comfortable and spacious. You should call your salesperson and demand to have use of what you bought. The going rate is much more then you paid for it. Although it is tough to resell.

But if it helps, you have a lovely unit to use each yr.

Barbara V.
May 27, 2009

We finally got to stay on top of the mountain week's of May 10 through May 24 in building 3,000, unit P, with the balcony and second week the Q unit, which faces Pigeon Forge. We loved it and really enjoyed using the P unit with the balcony. The Q unit was real nice too, and a lot more spacious then the Studio units in the older buildings. I found the parking space very limited, & ridculous. I think this should have been designed to accomadate the owners, and they definately need more handicap parking spaces. I have pictures of the view & the P unit if you would like to see them. I can email them if you want. Do you own on top of the mountian? Next year I'm going to stay 2 week's in the P units, by banking 1 of them this year.

Barbara M.

Last edited by marty8084 on May 27, 2009 07:38 PM

Feb 23, 2013

Top of the mountain is definitely THE place to own. There are currently 3 bldgs, top of the mountain and because of Gatlinburg restrictions, no more of that type can be built by anyone! Period! The grande deluxe units are beautiful, spacious, and best of all...have an elevator in the buildings. HOORAY! No more lugging anything up flights of stairs! The 5000 building should be finished by now ( I hope, since we own in both that building and the 4000 building. They are the cream of the crop! The don't rent those out to regular renters, probably because the owners WANT to use their time there. One side of building looks out on Gatlinburg, the town..and the other overlooks Pigeon Forge. It is quite a lovely view! We haven't used our units in the new 5000 building but have stayed in the 4000 building. They are all lock off units and now, Westgate will sell only 5 bedrooms at a time. You can't buy up there unless you are either a current owner or are a referral of one. If you don't own there but are lucky enough to rent from an owner who does, be prepared to pay a bit more, of course. They are so much nicer than the other units on the mountain and are so pretty and large. The view...well, you can't beat it! You have door to door shuttle service there, and all the amenities of the resort. They have the huge water park you can use and all sorts of amenities on property! Also, we heard that the new on property movie theater and zip line will soon be built! Our kids are looking forward to that. We do own in the 4000 bldg, but bought more in the 5000 bldg. We are hoping we can use the 5000 bldg units this year as we were told. Hope there are no construction delays as with your building. ( I don't forsee a problem) I know you must have been frustrated at the time.

Kassandra G.
Jul 03, 2013

We are not owners, but we stayed in Bldg 3000 in early June. As stated the views are remarkable. We were in a 1 bed deluxe. The unit was very nice, we faced Gatlinburg, we've been to Gatlinburg dozens of times, but we have NEVER had a view like this of the full mountain range.

Jeff R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.