Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Holiday Systems International HSI

Nov 11, 2008

We just bought into HSI and wonder if we did the right thing. They promise breakaway weeks, burn weeks and cruise specials. Has anyone had particularly good or bad experiences with them? Has anyone gotten a 7-10 cruise to Alaska for 2 people for $799 or less through HSI? wondering Y

Len B.
Nov 12, 2008

lenb7 wrote:
We just bought into HSI and wonder if we did the right thing. They promise breakaway weeks, burn weeks and cruise specials. Has anyone had particularly good or bad experiences with them? Has anyone gotten a 7-10 cruise to Alaska for 2 people for $799 or less through HSI? wondering Y
IMO, you should rescind until you find out more infrmation. It appears to be a vacation club which offers discounted vacations. Many of these discounted weeks are surplus units that would probably not be available at high demand resorts or during the peak season. There are a few websites that now offer inexpensive short notice vacations without having to join a club (wyndham-vacations.com for one).

Many of the cruise prices are probably competitive with sites such as vacationstogo.com. See this thread at TUG, http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16305. Even though it's a couple years old, it still provides some insight.

Good Luck in whatever direction you take

Mike N.
Nov 12, 2008

thanks Mike, not sure I can get out of it so hoping it works for us.

Len B.
Jul 12, 2009

lenb7 wrote:

Greetings We just bought and were wondering how your membership was going. Any tips on use of breakaway weeks and booking hard to get resorts? Regards, Paul

Paul W.

Last edited by paulw287 on Jul 12, 2009 08:45 PM

Jun 17, 2011

I have just sold my timeshare that was attached to HSI, and like HSI for one thing - the "burn weeks." I have a job where I can't plan my vacations years in advanced. Therefore, the "burn weeks" is perfect for me. You have to book these 30 days or less from the vacation. Outside of this, I didn't find HSI particularly good at anything else.

If you don't want or use your HSI membership, I'd be willing to buy your username and password. I would only use it to buy burn weeks.

Please contact me if you're interested.

Alastair 646-402-5267

Al O.
Jul 29, 2012

Ads aren't allowed in the forums.

R P.
Sep 20, 2013

We've been clients of HSI for 3 years. Our relationship with them has been rewarding. We bought exactly what they were selling. Buying into a Club. We didn't want to own anything. We just wanted a place to stay when we were able to get away. Which isn't much. So we've stayed in Las Vegas, Orlando, & in Cancun, Mexico in Dec 13. We've had good experiences with HSI. Would reccomend to anyone.

Alisa C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.