The Historic Powhatan Resort

Powhatan Maintenance Fees

Nov 19, 2008

I just recently put up my Powhatan C/D on the for sale list at a steal at $300 (just to pay closings), but I worry that our week (4) will hold us back with such a high maintenance fee. Any input?

Andrew H.

Last edited by andrewh81 on Nov 19, 2008 11:54 AM

Feb 26, 2009

Any luck selling your unit?

Bill S.
Feb 26, 2009

nope, I went into arbitration with Diamond Resorts and they took the deed back off my hands through their "Loss Mitigation" dept. I didnot get any money out of the deal, but I am out from under those pesky fees forever.

Andrew H.
Oct 19, 2009

We bought a 3rd week in November, a fixed week 4 bedroom in 2007, used it in Nov, but I became ill and spent 5 of the 7 days in and out of emergency. (Beautiful unit and resort--but no fond memories!!) Our dues were about $880 then, by 2009 the dues went up to $1,200 +, We tried to sell it for$1 and no luck. (not sure whether Sunterra or who owned it then) We even sent correspondence to sell it back for $1, but no response. We would be willing to give the deed back to Diamond Resorts. Do you think they would take it back without having to go to arbitration? David & Patti Wilson

David W.

Last edited by marty8084 on Oct 20, 2009 12:38 AM

Apr 08, 2014

How can we go about this? Would like to send it back just to end the MF....

Linda W.
Apr 22, 2014

We also have a few timeshares at Powhatan. I have a four bedroom split into 2 - 2br's and have them posted right now for $400 for the week and haven't rented them. I am paying almost $1300 maintenance fee for this 4 bedroom unit and I can't even rent them for $400 each. It's the maintenance fee that is killing everyone. I wish I could just give mine away.

Margaret J.
May 07, 2014

What week do you have?

Ts O.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.