preview the new redweek.com!

Selling WorldMark by Wyndham Points

Forum: Point Systems

page 1 of 2

«prev page   1 2   next page»

Message Author

I have points for WorldMark (formerly Trendwest) that I want to sell. I don't know much about how other timeshare/vacation ownership work, and I am looking for tips to sell my points. Every site I go on seems to show specific locations. I just want to sell my points and get rid of them. Can anyone give me some advice?

5 years ago
Dec 26, 2008

Hi, I assume your points are tied to a specific resort and week. That is important in determining the value of the points, since maintenance fees will vary by resort. To sell your points, you have to advertise the points and provide the information relative to the resort and the week that you own that determines the points. Stan.

5 years ago
Dec 26, 2008

Actually, these points do not go for a specific location. There is no "trading" time involved. With the points, I simply go to the resort of my choice and if there is availability, I book it and stay there. WorldMark has more than 80 resorts to chooses from. The resort, time of year and length of stay determine how many points are required.

This is why I can't figure out where to say these points go. I know what they are selling for from the company, I just want to find out how to sell them.

5 years ago
Dec 26, 2008

wendyc123 wrote:
I have points for WorldMark (formerly Trendwest) that I want to sell. I don't know much about how other timeshare/vacation ownership work, and I am looking for tips to sell my points. Every site I go on seems to show specific locations. I just want to sell my points and get rid of them. Can anyone give me some advice?

Hi Wendy,

The best thing would be to do the following:

1. Post a RedWish under the category "Vacation Points for Sale" where you can explain the number of points, point system, and price, and let interested parties contact you directly. As a member, you can post your RedWish at the following link: http://www.redweek.com/account/member/add_redwish/.

3. Browse the RedWish category "Vacation Points Wanted" to see if there are any buyers interested in what you have to offer. If so, you can contact them directly to initiate the sale.

Thanks,
Marty

Last edit by marty8084 on Dec 27, 2008 01:03 AM.

RedWeek.com Staff

5 years ago
Dec 27, 2008

Hi Wendy,

Did this work for you? If so, can you give me you're insight. I too have a large number of points that will expire at year end and would like to sell. Any advice you can share would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dawn

5 years ago
Apr 06, 2009

Hi Wendy,

You will be happy to know that RedWeek.com has just launched dedicated points resale pages, the perfect place to sell your WorldMark by Wyndham points. To view our new points pages, go to: http://www.redweek.com/timeshare-points/.

There are already points resale postings for WorldMark by Wyndham, which will give you an indication of how to price your points (http://www.redweek.com/timeshare-companies/?partner=trendwest-worldmark&submit=
Go).

Alisa
Customer Service Manager
RedWeek.com

RedWeek.com Staff

5 years ago
Apr 20, 2009

Message deleted.

5 years ago
May 28, 2009

You're not serious are you? 335,000 points is worth at least $1675.00!! And thats if you sell them at half their actual value. I won't be selling mine at $2.09 for every 1,000 points. If you can actually find someone to sell them to you for that cheap, please let me know cause I would like to buy some too. Good luck with your search.

5 years ago
May 28, 2009

I hope you did not take offense to my previous request. I am the resort manager and sister of the develope of a Gold Crown RCI resort at Lake of the Ozarks. Each week that I deposit with Wyndham is valued at 325,000 points. Our maintenance fees are only $499.00 per year. The transfer fee to points charged by Wyndham is $185.00 per year. So the cost to any of our owners, including myself, for the 325,000 points per year is $684.00. So when any of our owners ask what is the fair price they should ask for their points if they can not use them up before they expire we always tell them $800.00 is a very fair price. Also, if you really want to buy points, put an ad in the red wishes department, because in 2 hours I received 6 emails agreeing to sell me points, and yes I took two of them up on their offer to purchase 4 airline tickets. If someone is setting on points that are going to expire, why pay additional fees to extend them when you can unload them and make $100.00. You might own where you pay a much higher maintenance fee and if so, yes, you would not want to sell them and take a loss. I will also tell you though, that if you use your points to ever buy air fare it will cost you at least 150,000 points no matter where you fly. Even if you fly round trip to Hawaii you are not going to pay more than $500.00 per ticket. So you see that is really the value of your points. This was not mean't in an argumentive way, I was just explaining what we feel points are worth at our resort and why.

5 years ago
May 28, 2009

Message deleted.

4 years ago
Oct 09, 2009

Hello, I have 6,000 points every year when I purchased the Wyndham timeshare a few years ago. I want to sell my timeshare as I am tired of paying the annual fees and I really don't have time to travel anymore. Can someone give me any ideas on how/where to sell Wyndham points timeshare membership? Thanks.

4 years ago
May 18, 2010

Hi, did you ever sell your points?

4 years ago
May 18, 2010

jamie492 wrote:
Hello, I have 6,000 points every year when I purchased the Wyndham timeshare a few years ago. I want to sell my timeshare as I am tired of paying the annual fees and I really don't have time to travel anymore. Can someone give me any ideas on how/where to sell Wyndham points timeshare membership? Thanks.

Click on this link sell points to sell your points on RedWeek.com.

Thanks,
Marty

RedWeek.com Staff

4 years ago
May 19, 2010

Message deleted.

4 years ago
Aug 04, 2010

I'm new to selling points on Redweek, and am trying to sell my points on WorldMark before they expire. Once you post a listing and someone agrees to buy points on a Right to Use (RTU) basis, how do the points actually get transferred to the person for use? How is payment exchanged, etc? What are the necessary steps?

3 years ago
Jan 15, 2011

I don't quite understand the point system. If I wanted to buy WorldMark's point system in Hawaii, how much would I be paying for each point. Lets say that someone wants to sell me 10,000 points for $1 each. So I pay $10,000 for 10000 points. Do I automatically get 10,000 points at no charge each year. I do understand that there are maintenance fees and taxes every year, but is this bacically how it works? Thanks, Kathy

3 years ago
Jan 26, 2011

I am learning about timeshares, but I can tell you from what I've learned so far that the points are tied to a "home" resort--it basically will give the owner the advantage to book at that resort 13 months out, instead of 10 months out for points owners whose home resorts are elsewhere.

Avatar for heathers337 heathers337

3 years ago
Feb 01, 2011

Did you ever find out how much each credit goes for?

2 years ago
Nov 26, 2011

I just found out, the hard way, that if you owe nothing on your account with worldmark and then want to purchase more, they actually take ALL your credits away from you and start a new contract, so if you need to file bankrupsey on the new credits you purchased, WM takes it ALL, even the points you outright owned.

2 years ago
Nov 26, 2011

Message deleted.

2 years ago
Jul 06, 2012

page 1 of 2

«prev page   1 2   next page»

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests

I Want To…

Attention Gmail Users

Google Phishing Scam »

Casting Call

Get free, professional photos of your next timeshare vacation!

Learn more »