Timeshare Companies

Global Travel Network - has anyone used this? Pros and cons?

Jul 29, 2016

malloryw5 wrote:
Hey Ricky, I learned about Global Travel Network at their tent at a music festival last week in Winter Park, CO. I'm set up to go to their presentation in a couple weeks. What has your experience been since your last post in 2011? Would you recommend? I looked up the reviews and was discerning on which were mixed up as the same company but we're not, but still not much I was able to find. Any info would be much appreciated!

Well, I still use it from time to time but I find it really difficult to book locations now. Since I purchased (For example), I can not get anything southern California. When I asked why, they said that Wyndam had purchased most of the properties that used to be available to them so now the inventory is really limited. I have not been thrilled with my membership or gotten much value out of it in the past few years. In the beginning it was awesome but if i had to buy it again today, I would not. They might have changed the program since then but I doubt it. I think I can honestly say now that I have been a member for a few years that I have not recouped my membership fee. I could have gotten the same value by just booking regular hotels over the years. Sorry to disappoint you.

Ricky B.
Aug 17, 2016

And this isn't just a Southern California thing? You're having trouble finding properties to book all over?

Mallory W.
Sep 19, 2016

Thank you, I found your post encouraging. We too have bought, but were now having second thoughts. I have just asked for an appointment to plan our first trip with GTN and I hope to be as happy with them as you are. Thanks again for posting your experience.

Onesimo Nez L.
Jun 11, 2017

Is this company the same as Vacation Market Network

P D.
Jun 11, 2017

gayph wrote:
Is this company the same as Vacation Market Network

Chances are slim that it is. But why are you asking? Do you have any sort of happenings with either of these two? Did one or the other try to scam you? Is either one trying to sell you some vacation club membership?

Lance C.
Aug 03, 2017

I jjust had the most awful experience with Jenna (representative) and Melissa Spvr). I signed up with Global Network at the Sloans Lake Chinese Boat Festival with Shawn. He asked if I was single or married--I answered single as I am. I scheduled the appt--missed my appt--rescheduled the appt for tonight 8/3/17 @ 5:45 p.m.--Jenna going over things--do I have children (no)--no daycare needed--do I have a committed relationship--I have a boyfriend--does he live with you--No--do you share responsibilites--No we are divorced--I am single--kept insisting I had to bring my boyfriend--I asked so if I dont bring my boyfriend I cant do the offered vacation--no-you must bring him--he has to hear all the information-explained conversation uncomfortable--req Spvr--long story short--no refund--no vacation--no deal package--insisting I bring my divorced boyfriend!! Sham Sham--shame on you!!!

Angelita S.
Aug 04, 2017

angelitas5 wrote:
I asked so if I dont bring my boyfriend I cant do the offered vacation--no-you must bring him--he has to hear all the information-explained conversation uncomfortable--req Spvr--long story short--no refund--no vacation--no deal package--insisting I bring my divorced boyfriend!

In these sales presentations for timeshares and vacation clubs, there are reasons why the sales people or departments insist that you bring your significant other (spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend, fiance, etc.). They fear that after they have worn you down to buy their product without your SO there, your SO will be of sane mind when you go back to him/her and talk you out of it.

Another reason is that most potential buyers will insist to the sales person that they have to talk it over with their respective SOs. The sales people must make you buy on the spot right there and then.

Also, one of the sales people's psychological tactics is to pit one spouse or SO against the other. Just ask a number of couples who have sat through these presentations.

Lance C.
Aug 08, 2017

You won't have good luck with Global unless you are extremely flexible. If you want to travel there are plenty of other options. I don't sell timeshare anymore, but will gladly answer any questions that you have. There are a lot of bully's on Redweek so you can't really trust whose advice to take. Global is a travel club. It's leftover inventory which isn't a bad thing, but if you were trying to go to certain places it would be difficult. I've only been a member of Redweek for a couple months and get on here every so often and am really disappointed with some of the advice.

Sara M.
Oct 20, 2017

We have bought and used a lot of Time Share and Travel packages. THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE WORST program on the planet. If its not a freaking scam, its the closest thing to it.

TRUST ME - there are so many better values and deals - just online.

NOT worth it. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME / MONEY. They will constantly up sell you even more of their NOT A GOOD VALUE Travel stuff.

Rory R.

Last edited by phyl21 on Oct 20, 2017 06:55 PM

Oct 22, 2017

Edit: see below

Jordan J.

Last edited by jordanj21 on Oct 22, 2017 08:54 AM

Oct 22, 2017

rickyb40 wrote:
malloryw5 wrote:
Hey Ricky, I learned about Global Travel Network at their tent at a music festival last week in Winter Park, CO. I'm set up to go to their presentation in a couple weeks. What has your experience been since your last post in 2011? Would you recommend? I looked up the reviews and was discerning on which were mixed up as the same company but we're not, but still not much I was able to find. Any info would be much appreciated!

Well, I still use it from time to time but I find it really difficult to book locations now. Since I purchased (For example), I can not get anything southern California. When I asked why, they said that Wyndam had purchased most of the properties that used to be available to them so now the inventory is really limited. I have not been thrilled with my membership or gotten much value out of it in the past few years. In the beginning it was awesome but if i had to buy it again today, I would not. They might have changed the program since then but I doubt it. I think I can honestly say now that I have been a member for a few years that I have not recouped my membership fee. I could have gotten the same value by just booking regular hotels over the years. Sorry to disappoint you.

Ricky, thanks so much for your input! My wife and I were debating about purchasing a membership, mostly to have a nice place to stay every year when we travel to Disneyland. So the fact that you've had a lot of trouble booking in Southern California is a deal-breaker to us.

Have you tried booking around Anaheim since your last post? I kept telling the sales reps that I wanted to book a "mock trip" so I could see if we would even have any options for Anaheim in the summer, but they essentially said that can't happen.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Jordan J.
Oct 22, 2017

jordanj21 wrote:
I kept telling the sales reps that I wanted to book a "mock trip" so I could see if we would even have any options for Anaheim in the summer, but they essentially said that can't happen.

Have you tried looking at the listings here on RedWeek? There could be some units for rent being offered. Since you have a free account that allows you to use these forums, you can peruse the listings available for rent. Just keep in mind that you would have to purchase a membership is you want to contact the owner.

Lance C.
Mar 09, 2018

They're pretty great. The "FREE" trip that the marketers use to get you there is ok, but there are some stipulations and restrictions on that and you have to reserve pretty far out.... but still ok. That trip is not through them though, was a totally different company that they used for it. As for the actual membership and program, NO COMPLAINTS at all. Seriously. We'll be getting a second membership when we can afford to, to get more stars and do even more. Saves us a ton and our vacations are better. I was worried at first, but now that we've used it a bunch, we would have been stupid not to get it. Only writing this because a friend asked me about it and said she didn't see anything super positive, my response was "how many great reviews do you get on a product that does what it is supposed to?" IT IS SUPPOSED TO WORK THE WAY THEY SAY... since it does, there's really nothing to say except we can go vacation more and we save a ton, so we can go a lot more . It's helped our relationship and been pretty great. When we add a second membership we'll start adding Europe trips, because as-is, we use up all our stars and trips just here locally & Hawaii just because we go so much more now. Again.. good program, nice people, weren't pushy.. but I would suggest if you want to go more to get the largest program they let you.. it saves you over having to upgrade later. But don't expect a whole lot out of the FREE trip because it's not even through them.

- Sheila

briank22 wrote:
Global Travel Network - has anyone used this? Pros and cons?

Sheila M.
Mar 09, 2018

Everyone should do their homework before buying anything . With all the information available on the internet you should be able to make an educated decision before committing yourself to anything .

Don P.
Jan 31, 2019

I have had global for 3 years im very happy with the package deal that i have gotten. Way better then most timeshares everything is based on star credits for example i have 8 stars a year. If you go off season some places only cost you 1 star if it is in season it could cost you 4 stars. If you play your cards right you can go on vacation 8 times a year. It cost around 250.00 a week plusr activity fee which about 400.00 a year. Most time share companies charge well over 1000 a year for fees. I love this company if you are looking for a time share you should buy global connection.

Marvin C.
Feb 01, 2019

marvinc49 wrote:
I have had global for 3 years im very happy with the package deal that i have gotten....Most time share companies charge well over 1000 a year for fees. I love this company if you are looking for a time share you should buy global connection.

A couple of questions here. First, is Global Connection the same as Global Travel Network (the title of this thread)? Secondly, is Global Connection a timeshare or a travel club?

Lance C.
Jun 04, 2019

1000% scam. They lie to get you in. My wife and I joined on our honeymoon and specifically asked if they allowed pets. We bought in after being assured they did. SURPRISE...6 months later and "We have no properties that allow pets" When we called and complained, wanting a refund because we never even used it, Global told us "Hang on to your membership, it doesn't expire and you will be able to use it when your dog dies" NO FREAKING JOKE. THEY SAID THIS. We are preparing to sue as I type this...have secured a lawyer. Scamming Newlyweds...may everyone involved with this company burn in hell.

Ranger G.
Nov 21, 2019

We were very excited when we went to their presentation. Beware and read all the fine fine print. We got roped into paying $60.00 a month for 4 years for something we have no plans ever using. If you tell them to cancel it, they get mad and say they will come after you for $8,000. I wish we never went to sign up. BEWARE. Their customer services sucks too. They said too bad.

Carla M.
Nov 22, 2019

carlam193 wrote:
If you tell them to cancel it, they get mad and say they will come after you for $8,000.

It's all bark and no bite.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.