Club La Pension

Bluegreen takeover

Jan 24, 2009

I understand that Bluegreen Resorts has taken over this resort and gotten rid of the employees that we have grown to love and consider family over the last decade. I've heard some very bad things about them including they want to get back as many units as they can and turn them into points. Also, they are charging an additional $249 as a one time only fee for damages due to the most recent hurricane. Find it hard to believe since we weren't charged anything extra when Katrina came through. I'm gathering information if anyone knows anything.

Julie D.
Jun 18, 2009

mjdeangelo wrote:
I understand that Bluegreen Resorts has taken over this resort and gotten rid of the employees that we have grown to love and consider family over the last decade. I've heard some very bad things about them including they want to get back as many units as they can and turn them into points. Also, they are charging an additional $249 as a one time only fee for damages due to the most recent hurricane. Find it hard to believe since we weren't charged anything extra when Katrina came through. I'm gathering information if anyone knows anything.

Dear mjdeangelo, Others owners and I are concerned about the happenings at Club La Pension also. Please contact John McElhanney at captjohnmc@bellsouth.net for an update on our progress. We don't know who owns the resort--conflicting responses; we cannot get financial statements called for by our by-laws and the rules and regulations of the State of La; we don't knowwhat has happened to our capital reserve fund?, we don't have information about our homeowners' association elections, leadership, etc., except that the board may be meeting in Flordia this year?????when we had planned on attending in NOLA. We have contacted the LA Real Estate Commission who should be able to help us, etc, etc. You may contact me also at mellwind@peoplepc.com, but Capt.John is our coordinator. Please join us and invite other owners of which you may know. Martha D'

Martha D.
Jun 19, 2009

Thanks for the information.

Julie D.
Jul 09, 2009

Dear deangelo,

Are you still collecting information? What have you found out?

Martha D.
Jan 27, 2011

The $249 one-time charge now appears to be chump change now that they are hitting us with a "special" TWO GRAND charge hey? What are the thoughts out there on this?

Doug W.
Jan 27, 2011

Some of us have started a facebook page titled "Club La Pension Owners". Feel free to join. We are just getting it up and running. We are taking actions such as filing complaints with LA, and other things. Become a friend on facebook and we will have all information on the page soon.

Julie D.
Jan 30, 2013

I bought Lundi Gras week which is a floating week. This week changes every year because Mardi gras is never on the same day every year. Mardi Gras is on a Tuesday every year and Lundi gras is the Monday before Mardi Gras. My week is Friday to Friday before Fat Tuesday(Mardi Gras). This year my week fell during Super Bowl week, so they just decided to move my week to the week before and steal my week from me to rent themselves. I wonder who else this has happen to. They have been extremely rude to work with, I asked them how they could just move my week, and they said they can!!!

Perry K.
Jan 04, 2014

Tried to find it on Facebook...no results

Annette R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.