Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Information rental agreements,

Dec 01, 2010

mujaheds wrote:
Ken, thanks for clarification

What about Bonus Weeks, it's also prohibit to rent it ?

I don't claim to know much of anything about "Bonus Weeks". That said, it has always been my clear understanding and belief that the ONLY week you can rent out is a week that you actually OWN. If you acquire the "use" of a week by any means other than actual ownership, then such a week is simply not yours to rent out to someone else. That's my own understanding and belief.

RedWeek exchanges used to be a noteworthy exception to this rule, since RedWeek (unlike II or RCI) DID allow the renting out of exchange weeks acquired via the RedWeek exchange program. However, the RedWeek exchange program no longer exists at all, having been recently taken over entirely by Dial an Exchange.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 01, 2010 03:43 PM

Feb 24, 2012

Couldn't find your listing in Maui but the boys ran upstairs to tell us to write you back...not sure this will get to you but we thought we'd try... Good to meet you at the Marriott mountainside. Evelyn (& Marcel)

Evelyn A.
Feb 27, 2012

Dear JB, It was fun to meet you, Carol and the rest of your family in Park City. I don't think we're interested in a timeshare in Hawaii, but I tried to look up your listing and couldn't figure out how to get there. I searched for your user name (accurately reported to me by all 3 of the teenagers whom you asked to memorize it), and got to some old messages of yours, so I'm using this unwieldy system to leave you a note... Hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation. Best regards, Evelyn & Marcel :-)

Evelyn A.
Aug 28, 2016

Hello, I am new to Redweek and am wondering if anyone has any experience/knowledge on bonus weeks. I am a member thru II and was given a bonus week when I exchanged my week at my home resort. The bonus week will expire in Oct. and I am not able to fly due to medical reasons. I would like to sell the week to someone so it will not go to waste. Do you know if this is possible? Bobbie

Bobbie B.
Aug 28, 2016

You can't sell any exchange, rental, or bonus week you get through II. They are for personal use. You can gift them to family of friends by paying for a guest certificate. II can suspend your membership without any refund if they catch you renting out weeks in addition to cancelling the weeks in question and any banked weeks or future exchanges you have.

Tracey S.
Aug 28, 2016

You might be able to extend the week for a fee. A lot of resorts will let you extend the expiration for a fee.

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.