Timeshare Companies

Marriott Vacation Club Transitioning to Point System

May 16, 2009

I've heard the Marriott Vacation Club is transitioning to a point system sometime later this year or next. What does that mean for current owners?

Mark S.
May 18, 2009

marks773 wrote:
I've heard the Marriott Vacation Club is transitioning to a point system sometime later this year or next. What does that mean for current owners?
Assuming Marriott is not bailing out of II and going to RCI Points ala Disney, then, without knowing any details, my guess is Marriott would use points to for internal trading purposes (similar to Diamond). What it probably means for Marriott owners is having to come up with a few thousand dollars to buy "something" to give you the privilege of using the points. Basically pay extra for something you already have. Has there been any rumors posted on the TUG forum (www.tugbbs.com

Mike N.
Jul 11, 2009

I think it has to do with a change to internal exchanges w/in Marriott Vacation Club...would this possible system allocate points to owners for their week(s) which then could be exchanged, for a stated point value, into any MVC property at any time of the year? what might this cost and could you opt-out and stick with the current $29 internal exchange fee?

Mark S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.