Timeshare Companies

I am a former TIMESHARE EMPLOYEE IN MEXICO

Jun 28, 2023

gabrielan11 wrote:
Hi. We’ve been contacted by a company wanting to buy our timeshare in Mexico but are charging us $5,300 because of taxes and transferring title. Is this legit?

No, it's not "legit". It's a scam, plain and simple. Lace up your running shoes and run in the opposite direction, right now.

Your RTU contract actually has very little (maybe zero) resale market value in the first place. Secondly, there is no "title" involved in a RTU contract, since there is no ownership of anything to begin with in a Mexican RTU (right to use) contract --- what you have is really nothing more than a "membership" (i.e., no "title" exists). Last but not least, there are no "taxes" involved in transfering a RTU contract from one entity to another, although the Mexican resort involved may charge an internal fee to effect the transfer (if they even allow contract transfers at all, that is; some don't allow "transfers"it at all).

Heard enough? Run, run away NOW. You are going to be asked for money soon enough and if you foolishly pay it you will never see that (or any subsequent) money again. The scammers will either disappear, or come up with more reasons for you to send them more money.

There is an old saying "a fool and his money are soon parted". Don't proceed with this scam and prove that old saying to be true.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 29, 2023 05:22 AM

Jun 28, 2023

They have set up a bank acct for our escrow. Is this for real? My husband called and they confirmed it was all there.

Gabriela N.
Jun 29, 2023

gabrielan11 wrote:
They have set up a bank acct for our escrow. Is this for real? My husband called and they confirmed it was all there.

What part of the word SCAM do you not understand???

Regarding such situations, Dr. Phil McGraw says --- "There are no victims, only volunteers". It seems that you remain determined to ignore good advice already provided to you and are ready and willing to "volunteer" anyhow. If you proceed (volunteer) for this SCAM, just know and understand very clearly in advance that you will permanently lose every penny that you send off to Mexico (and you will still have your RTU contract anyhow), so please don't come back later claiming to be a "victim". Do not "volunteer"!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 03, 2023 06:43 AM

Jun 30, 2023

Mexico cartels are running this scam. The US Treasury department sanctioned a Jalisco cartel. https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/jy1315

Irene P.
Jul 20, 2023

First, Mexico does not sell timeshares, but vacation club memberships. That's it. it is easy to cancel without any worries. Yes, the timeshare cancellation services and attorneys will scare you into thinking that you cannot cancel, but you can. Secondly, Mexico does not have a credit reporting system, and neither do they have access to American credit reporting agencies. They must be a U.S. business to have access and have the client's social security number. Look at your credit report. Your Mexico timeshare will not be included. the good news is that there are timeshare cancellation online courses that are successfully helping timeshare owners cancel their Mexico timeshare on their own without impacting your credit score and without hiring a cancellation service. Do a Google search for timeshare cancellation services. Best of luck!

Wayne R.
Jul 20, 2023

No need. There are timeshare cancellation online courses that are teaching people how to cancel your Mexico timeshare without affecting your credit score. They cost about $29.00. Just do a google online search for timeshare cancellation course and do your due diligence.

Wayne R.
Jul 20, 2023

What you might want to do is this: I used to work at El Cid in Mazatlan as I am a former timeshare executive. Buy the cheapest timeshare anywhere in the world with the lowest maintenance fee. You can easily exchange it into a Mexico timeshare because there are so many that want to target RCI and I.I. members. Here's why...Mexico does not sell timeshares. They sell vacation club memberships. Neither do the companies that sell the timeshare own the resort. They are owned by different companies. Therefore, there is unlimited inventory throughout Mexico. I worked at a company in Cancun called Sunset Royal. When I worked there in 2004, I was told that they had been sold out for over 10 years. But yet, there were more and more people coming to the resort, especially exchangers. Also, use the bonus weeks for Mexico. Lots of inventory because more resorts are being built. Buy cheap and travel the world. Hope this helps:)

Wayne R.
Jul 20, 2023

There is no "legitimate" company in the world that will buy your timeshare. Learn how to cancel it on your own. Takes about 7 days. Do Google search for timeshare cancellation online courses.

Wayne R.
Apr 12, 2024

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-daily/id1200361736?i=1000652239114 Please listen to podcast from new york times and share with as many owners as you can. Kk

Kathryn K.
Apr 12, 2024

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-daily/id1200361736?i=1000652239114 Listen to podcast from new york times. Now!

gabrielan11 wrote:

Kathryn K.
Apr 12, 2024

I doubt it is real.

Kathryn K.
Apr 15, 2024

Happened to us years ago with Club Regina scam. My husband sent 10K US and never got it back and no money for time share. Do not do it, it is a scam

whmis

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.