Sapphire Residences

anyone been to this resort?

Jul 08, 2009

I have a week at the coco sunset vacation club next January and I can't find any reviews on this resort. I have never been to costa Rica before and would love if someone could give me tips on this resort and CR.

Amanda N.
Jul 13, 2009

We know a lot about Costa Rica, specially Playas del coco, and believe me there is no known Time Share in that area..The property are all residential condominium,privately owned,,,hope it help you to advance your research....

Gauthier G.
Aug 06, 2009

I was in Costa Rica in June 2009 and got roped into a "time-share" presentation at Las Palmas Playas del Coco (www.playasdelaspalmas.com) and bought into it through Coco's Sunset Vacation Club. They promised they would rent out my unit through www.executiveproperties.info at the beginning of 2010 for $4500. I paid about $4400 and owe another $5000 and am supposed to get one registered week plus 2 at coco's sunset vaction club every ear, among other things, for 15 years. I'm really worried that I got scammed but everything seems legit. I just can't find much information on it to verify the legitimacy. I'm skeptical but thought it was worth a chance at the time. Now, I'm wondering if I should try to dispute it. Does anyone have any knowledge about this?

Joseph S.
Aug 16, 2009

josephs302 wrote:
I was in Costa Rica in June 2009 and got roped into a "time-share" presentation at Las Palmas Playas del Coco (www.playasdelaspalmas.com) and bought into it through Coco's Sunset Vacation Club. They promised they would rent out my unit through www.executiveproperties.info at the beginning of 2010 for $4500. I paid about $4400 and owe another $5000 and am supposed to get one registered week plus 2 at coco's sunset vaction club every ear, among other things, for 15 years. I'm really worried that I got scammed but everything seems legit. I just can't find much information on it to verify the legitimacy. I'm skeptical but thought it was worth a chance at the time. Now, I'm wondering if I should try to dispute it. Does anyone have any knowledge about this?

We did the same thing and now I am also skeptical after getting back home and researching a bit more. If everything is how it was presented, it is not a bad deal, if not I wonder if it can be cancelled. I looked through my paperwork and can't find any specifics. My question to Josephs302 is did you find out anything more?

Debbie O.
Sep 02, 2009

My wife and I bought two weeks in Coco Sunset November of 2008. We have not been able to exchange quite as easily as they made it sound, but we did get to stay at a Ritz Carlton in Dana Point for only $400 for the week. Someone else staying there was paying $300 per night. I was told that they would rent my units for $1500 per week, but when the check came they didn't tell me that they were going to deduct the $300 maintenance. Still we did receive two checks this year. The units themselves are nice, but it is Costa Rica, and it isn't as nice as the Ritz.

Adam L.
Sep 02, 2009

Unfortunately I have not heard anything more. I've started paying the rest of my balance and I won't likely know if my weeks actually sold until Jan/Feb. 2010. Hopefully then I'll be able to recoup some of the costs. Hopefully :/

Joseph S.
Sep 29, 2009

Playas del Coco is a great place to see the Guanacaste area of Costa Rica, but I regret having bought a timeshare at Coco Sunset & would also like to get rid of it or rent it out. It's normal that they deduct the maintenance fee from the rental I think, but I would like to know which company rented the week for Adam149 & if you had to pay fees up front. Everyone that has contacted me, wants money up front to either rent my week or to sell the entire time share, so I think those are scams too. Please let me know if you have any info.

Peggy H.
Nov 13, 2009

Did you go through Executive Properties? I'm sceptical to pay them the upfront amount on their promise to rent out the place, but apparently it worked for you if you got a check, but how much did you have to pay them?? Please let me know!!!

Peggy H.
Nov 13, 2009

I did the Executive Properties thing and it was $800 for five years. I haven't received any checks yet because I just bought it a couple of months ago. I'm supposed to have my weeks rented out the first part of 2010 and should get my first check shortly after that...hopefully (fingers crossed).

Joseph S.
Nov 14, 2009

Thanks for your response. I'm down in Coco now, staying with friends & have a meeting today with Coco Sunset to clarify some things. Whenever you get a check please let me know by posting on this website. I'd appreciate it. I only got one week for the price everyone else has paid...so I'm going to talk to them about that too. I was never even told which weeks I would get....thought it was any week...didn't know that the deal with Interval was only for 2 yrs.....mine with Coco is for 25 yrs....I didn't know about the 15 yr. option....also don't know how they bill you each yr. for the maintenance fee (which can go up) This is the biggest mistake I've ever made!!

Peggy H.
Feb 22, 2010

I was just wondering if you or anyone else on this board had anymore information about renting out their units in costa rica through executive properties. I signed up and they told me that they would have unit rented out in jan/feb 2010 and should get a check then, but now they say they have it rented in july due to a "sluggish economy and swine flu fears". I just keep getting more and more skeptical about this. Also, does anyone have information about the cancellation of the contract. I thought under Costa Rican law you had 3 days to cancel. I sent an email to coco sunset within 3 days (back in June of 2009) but they never replied and now I'm wondering if I could use that as leverage to cancel now. Thanks all!

Joseph S.
Mar 29, 2010

I'm thinking of going to this resort and would like to know what you thought of the accomodations.

Jay M.
Aug 24, 2010

The wife and I in Oct. 2009 got talked into this timeshare at Coco Sunset Vacation Club & had their offer to buy back anytime during a five year period if we changed our minds. Put when we got home we found we had the unsigned document. I went around and around with these people to get the signed document but they never produced it. I wouldn't pay the balance that I owed. Now, they are coming back to me to complete the deal. Does anyone have any upto date info on Coco Sunset Vacation Club? I hate losing my money but I'd hate myself more if I put more money into a bad thing. Help Please.

Harry D.

Last edited by harryd40 on Aug 24, 2010 04:11 PM

Aug 25, 2010

I didn't have the same experience (although now I have to double check my documents) but I am having a bad experience with it. I think I did the same deal, was talked into a timshare at coco sunset and signed up for a 5 year deal through Executive Properties. I was told they would easily rent out for $1500/per week and that they would 3 weeks a year, which would give me an income of about $4500/year and after 2 years it would pay for the time share. VERY MISLEADING. They basically guaranteed it unless of natural disaster. They told me my weeks would be rented at the beginning of the year. Well, no natural disasters that I'm aware of and my weeks are still not rented. They said it was due to the economy. Everytime time I email them they give me a different excuse. So needless to say, I very much regret my decision to purchase here. I still have half my balance and I too don't want to lose what I paid but I also don't want to pay more only to get screwed even more. If anyone has had a good experience with this, I'd like to know. Thanks.

Joseph S.
Aug 25, 2010

I would be interested to know what you bought at coco sunset vacation club..do you have a title or property registered, an official document, as far as I know a resort is a property owned originnaly by a developer, and selling it into timeshares..the pictures of that resort,(residential condominium) are mostly own by individuals and are residential condominiums, pls advise how you can own a timeshare and other persons are owners there..under the law of costa rica condominium.. Nobody can sell time share in a condominium development..that just doesn t exist..pls advise...

Gauthier G.
Oct 07, 2010

I have also been scammed by Executive Properties. Pretty much the same story here. They took my weeks and never paid me for them..

Never ever deal with Executive Properties

Robert H.
Nov 16, 2010

Just wondering if you have recieved any payments yet? Unfortunately I read this forum after my husband and I sold our weeks to them as well...wondering how to get out of it. Anything you can share about this would be helpful. Thanks!

Gina B.
Nov 17, 2010

It's been over 18 months since I bought and sold my weeks to executive properties. Still not one dime from them. I was supposed to get a check at the beginning of the year. Nothing. Then they said June. Nothing. Then they said by the end of the year. Nothing still. Scam scam scam.

Joseph S.
Nov 17, 2010

I feel sorry for all of those who bought a supposedly time share at cocosunsetvacationclub..We are in playas del coco, and I am greatly disturbed to see tourists being caught by this scam. It is not a vacationclub, it is all my friends who bought a residential condo, and are here at this moment, many of them, to find that they are trying to change this residential condominium into their timeshares club. Interval International is to blame for not coming here to check. We went into the office of cocosunsetvacationclub, , and not even a permit visible..that means a lot, they are hiring innocent young persons, to harrash other tourist trying to enjoy the country.. and those young persons are working illegally..when you sell something on the street, beware,,also you have to know that with money, anything is possible for scammer...please also read the cocosunsetvacationclubcostaricaforumtripadvisor..you will find more dissapointed persons..

Gauthier G.
Dec 05, 2010

Hi. We have just purchased a fractional ownership 1/12 for a lot more money than you seemed to have paid. $49,900 and I am now feeling sick. We have been told that "executive properties will rent out our weeks for $10,000 per year and buy our other timeshare from us. Did executive properties live up to there promise?

Leann P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.