Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

IA Vacations/ American Timeshare Closings

Aug 06, 2009

Has anyone else sold a timeshare to American Timeshare Closings/ IA Vacations out of Seiverville, Tennessee, and not received payment. I am worried now that they have had me sign over my timeshare to them, and not get paid. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Laura Schrengohst

Laura S.
Aug 07, 2009

lauras91 wrote:
Has anyone else sold a timeshare to American Timeshare Closings/ IA Vacations out of Seiverville, Tennessee, and not received payment. I am worried now that they have had me sign over my timeshare to them, and not get paid. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Laura Schrengohst

Did they tell you there was a buyer and asked you for money to complete the transaction? This company sounds more like either a postcard company or an upfront fee company? Even if you actually sold your TS to IA Vacations, why would you transfer the deed before receiving payment?

Mike N.
Aug 07, 2009

I know not to send upfront fees. I am not sure how the process should have transpired. I sold another timeshare to an individual through a different closing company and they didn't pay me until it was transferred. Unfortunately, there isn't much info on the legitimacy of this company. They have seemed to be legitimate in their other conversations. Hopefully, they will pay me soon!

Laura S.
Aug 07, 2009

lauras91 wrote:
I know not to send upfront fees. I am not sure how the process should have transpired. I sold another timeshare to an individual through a different closing company and they didn't pay me until it was transferred. Unfortunately, there isn't much info on the legitimacy of this company. They have seemed to be legitimate in their other conversations. Hopefully, they will pay me soon!

I've never heard of a closing company buying timeshares. Did an individual buy your timeshare and the above closing company is supposedly handling the closing. If so, just keep calling them until you get some answers as closings can take several weeks to finalize. How was this closing company referred to you?

R P.
Aug 08, 2009

Actually, IA Vacations is the buyer, and they are somehow associated with American Timeshare Closings. After looking again at the contract, I am now contacting IA Vacations to resolve the issue, and they did say they'd look into it. So, I am now more hopeful.

Thanks!

Laura S.
Aug 11, 2009

Funny, I am buying through IA and American Timeshare Closings and worried that my money will disappear. IA is the broker. ATC is the closing company. They do exist and they do have a bond, but only for $25K per employee. What made me nervous is the broker said the closing co would accept a CC payment, and then the next day they said they would not/could not. The broker says there is a problem with underwriting (insurance?) required by their card servicing company, but the closing company says they are just changing their merchant services provider.

Russ G.
Aug 11, 2009

I hope it works out for both of us. I did get an email from Hyatt, and they said they have worked with them before. But, IA still hasn't responded to my last call yet, it is making me more nervous again.

Laura S.
Aug 14, 2009

Are you talking about week 40 High Sierra?

Dave L.
Aug 14, 2009

Does anyone know if this company is on the up and up? I just bought High Sierra Timeshare thru this company.

Dave L.
Oct 01, 2009

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they are both one in the same, they get your property and hold your money, you may never see either again. since they are one in the same, your at a high risk, i would find a another source of sales or purchase.

don't get caught up in that mess, if so good luck!

check the BBB of Knocksville and concern yourself as to why they are not ARDA approved or GeoTrust or anything else.

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephen N.
Oct 01, 2009

Do you have any specific information regarding this company and their wrongdoing? Or are you just saying it looks fishy?

Russ G.
Oct 02, 2009

Well, I did finally get a check a couple weeks ago and it must be good. I had to report them to the BBB of Knoxville, and once that happened they paid up quick. So, beware of this company, but they did pay up when pressure was applied!

Laura S.
Nov 16, 2009

Can someone tell me if they've ever transferred ownership through IA Vacations without receiving monies? We're thinking of transferring our ownership - would like to get out of the yearly maintenance fees. Does anyone see a risk in transferring ownership through this company?

Kathy M.
Nov 16, 2009

Well I still don't have title to the unit I purchased. Last I heard, the "county had lost the documents".

Russ G.
Nov 16, 2009

We made an offer on a timeshare through them is was listed on sell my timeshare now. I looked hear and everywhere before going through them but they were the only one who had the place, week, and price that we wanted but they said they charge $1000 for there services but that it was just taken out of the offer that's made to the seller. I am not sure if that is the way it works or not it seems kind of high to me. We are brand new to this and would like any input anyone might have for us. We don't want to make a bad choice. Thank you in advance.

Tanya S.
Nov 18, 2009

I'm curious to hear the responses to whether anyone has successfully used IA Vacations, because I'm currently looking at them myself, but not too rushed to transfer them my deed. Would like to get out of the maintenance fees though.

Pat W.
Nov 19, 2009

NO DO NOT USE THEM - THEY ARE A FRAUD -

Tobi W.
Nov 19, 2009

I HAD NO MONEY TO LAY OUT - I WAS JUST SCAMMED AND THEY STOLE MY TIMESHARE. I NOW DO NOT OWN IT, NOR AM RECEIVING ANY OF THE FUNDS I WAS PROMISED. MY TIMESHARE CLOSED IN JULY 2009. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY....

I LOOK BACK AT THIS AND GRATEFUL I DON'T HAVE TO PAY THOSE HORRIBLE MAINTENANCE FEES ANYMORE - I JUST WISHED I WASN'T SO STUPID AND SUCKED INTO THEIR WEB AND SADLEY RIPPED OFF.

Tobi W.
Nov 19, 2009

GOOD LUCK - YOU WILL NOT GET ANYWHERE WITH THEM - THEY HAVE TAKEN YOUR TIMESHARE AWAY AND UNLESS YOU PLAN ON SPENDING BIG BUCKS ON A ATTORNEY (WHICH YOU WON'T) YOU'RE STUCK.

Tobi W.
Nov 19, 2009

HAVE YOU RECEIVED YOUR MONEY YET?

Tobi W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.