Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Has anyone purchased from SumDay Vacations?

Aug 07, 2009

Just a WARNING as I purchased a MROP from them last May. It was supposed to be a floating Red week, turns out they screwed up the paper work and sold me a Red-White-Blue timeshare. They refuse to answer any calls or attempts to fix this. Buyer beware of this on EBAY. They are difficult to work with and will refuse to help you at all.

Shanonne O.
Aug 16, 2009

There is a discussion about Sumday happening on TUG right now. Evidently, someone got sold a different timeshare week than what was represented and Sumday would not make it right.

The individual posted a complaint with the BBB and Sumday responded that they would nothing further because of the public complaints.

Anyway, Sumday seems to be a company to avoid, based on what I read.

Scott T.
Aug 16, 2009

They still refuse to answer the phone when I call, highly suggest not buying from them, as I am now out thousands of dollars.

Shanonne O.
Apr 30, 2010

My wife and I bought a timeshare from Sumday Vacations a year ago on Ebay. The resort (Westgate Branson Woods) for whatever reason would not transfer the deed. Sumday either can't or won't do anything about this including issuing a refund. I can not stress this strongly enough....DO NOT BUY FROM SUMDAY VACATIONS! You risk losing your money in addition to many hours spent emailing and phoning in vain. Our vacation will now be spent talking to Ebay and the BBB.

Michael D.
May 01, 2010

You also need to file a complaint with the attorney general in the state Sumday is located.

R P.
May 18, 2010

I bought two timeshares from Sumday - not one problem.

Marilyn F.
May 19, 2010

marilynf25 wrote:
I bought two timeshares from Sumday - not one problem.
This is certainly "an exception to the rule", as MOST reported experiences with eBay reseller SumDay Vacations on other timeshare sites (e.g., TUG) consistently involve reporting many SumDay errors and factual inaccuracies, chronic ineptitude and unresponsiveness, and an overall "buyer unfriendly" attitude. I'd look elsewhere...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 19, 2010 07:30 AM

May 19, 2010

I bought a Wyndham time share from them on Ebay. It was a entry level points club as a gift for my brother in-law. Needless to say I needed it titled in his name but all the transaction info sent to me. Called Sumday and they were very accommodating and everything went smooth. I suggest you pay with pay pal the deeding process is usually longer than the warranty period but no business can afford neg-comments on their account.

Cirdon C.
May 20, 2010

cirdon1 wrote:
...no business can afford neg-comments on their account.
For timeshare purchases on eBay, the "feedback time period" is over (i.e., has already expired) long BEFORE closing actually occurs. In other words, a buyer has NO OPPORTUNITY to leave negative feedback for a reseller, because the big problems in the transaction generally are not discovered until the eBay "feedback period" is already OVER.

A much better "yardstick" for buyer satisfaction with eBay resellers is to read the many comments of the people on various timeshare sites (e.g. TUG) who have dealt with a particular reseller from listing to closing and recording. By THIS more legitimate measure of "feedback", SumDay Vacations consistently fails --- miserably and repeatedly.

In any case, due diligence is always advised before plopping down any money on a resale timeshare, regardless of particular eBay reseller. Very often, eBay resellers don't even know or fully understand the details of the ownership which they are reselling in the first place!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 20, 2010 05:18 AM

Jan 05, 2012

My husband and I recently purchased from SumDay (just to rid ourselves of our timeshare). We discussed with the sales personnel when our dues were due and that if we purchased the Sumday vacation, we could not pay dues. No problem! RIGHT!!! They not only haven't transferred the timeshare from our names since early October, but now say we have to pay the dues for 2012 before they will transfer the title. I would not suggest purchasing before having an attorney go over every detail. They informed us that the sales personnel could say anything to get us to buy, but it didn't matter since their contract said differently.

Evelyn B.
Jan 06, 2012

They are the transfer company for another company I am doing business with. The rudest folks and just poor customer service. Avoid them like the plague!

Crystal M.
Jan 07, 2012

evelynb75 wrote:
My husband and I recently purchased from SumDay (just to rid ourselves of our timeshare).

I'm confused .... how were you to rid yourself of timeshare ownership by purchasing from SumDay Vacations ????

R P.
Jan 07, 2012

Bought another timeshare from sumday - not a problem. I am still an exception!

Marilyn F.
Jun 21, 2012

i dealt with them on the phone. they are the ones transferring my timeshares out of my name as I traded them in with Vacation Services of America.. I calmly asked questions about this huge transfer fee that was NOT broken down for me in the letter I received and they basically would only say it's a bunch of fees and what it could be but wouldn't give me hard numbers.. the worst part is how they talked to me on the phone.. Im asking questions and they are basically like we aren't sending you anything. I asked to speak to a supervisor and am told they have none. I ask for the deeding dept b/c i manage to get enough info to know the person that printed it out has no clue how they arrived at that number and was told they were out for the day.. so I asked for a number to call the next day.. and get another smartass response about them not being in any longer for the day.. I wasn't asking to not pay the fees - just get specifically what they were. It is especially angering when I just call for info and get treated that way.

Courtney P.
Jun 22, 2012

courtneyp31 wrote:
i dealt with them on the phone. they are the ones transferring my timeshares out of my name as I traded them in with Vacation Services of America.

How can they transfer your timeshare ownerships out of your name. An entity has to be listed on the deed .... who/what would that entity be?

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jun 22, 2012 08:19 AM

Jun 22, 2012

courtneyp31 wrote:
i dealt with them on the phone. they are the ones transferring my timeshares out of my name as I traded them in with Vacation Services of America.. I calmly asked questions about this huge transfer fee that was NOT broken down for me in the letter I received and they basically would only say it's a bunch of fees and what it could be but wouldn't give me hard numbers.. the worst part is how they talked to me on the phone.. Im asking questions and they are basically like we aren't sending you anything. I asked to speak to a supervisor and am told they have none. I ask for the deeding dept b/c i manage to get enough info to know the person that printed it out has no clue how they arrived at that number and was told they were out for the day.. so I asked for a number to call the next day.. and get another smartass response about them not being in any longer for the day.. I wasn't asking to not pay the fees - just get specifically what they were. It is especially angering when I just call for info and get treated that way.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/vacation-services-of-america-branson-missouri-c189398.html

R P.
Jun 22, 2012

http://www.bbb.org/southwestern-missouri/business-reviews/travel-clubs/vacation-services-of-america-in-branson-mo-20446

R P.
Jun 22, 2012

http://www.bbb.org/southwestern-missouri/business-reviews/timeshare-resale-and-rental-marketing/sumday-vacations-in-kimberling-city-mo-25324

R P.
Jun 22, 2012

jayjay wrote:
courtneyp31 wrote:

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/vacation-services-of-america-branson-missouri-c189398.html

I hope it's not too late for you to get out of this scam, I know about Sumday vacations and they are simply BAD NEWS, however, it appears you have already figured it out.

Tam M.
Jun 24, 2012

My experience - the deed needed to be corrected and Sumday caught the mistake. They worked with the resort to correct the problem.I had only good experiences with this company. I received the deeds from both properties quicker than another company. Jeff Brown at Sumday helped me.

Marilyn F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.