Surf Rider Resort

Lunatic staff

Aug 12, 2009

Place was nice enough on the whole. Coin op washer dryer in room is tacky and ceiling fans and bathroom exhaust fans would have been welcome but really comfortable place to stay overall. Nice pool area. Wi-fi only in the office or poolside. Came down to use the computer around 11pm and needed to use a bathroom so elevatored down to the office. Stepped off the elevator and through an open door to a bathroom. Ferocius pounding on the door and a man screaming "what do think you're doing in there? Who do you think you are?!" and the like. Stepped out in my pajama pants and t-shirt and no shoes to find myself facing a rather menacing large man with a scar on his forehead clad in just a bathing suit with his angry arms crossed across his ample belly and a woman dressed as a receptionist neither of whom identified themselves as they screamed at me and threatened me including threatening to throw me out for accidently using the staff bathroom. Didn't notice the "employees only" sign on the open door I walked through. "Who do you think you are doing something like that?!" Frankly I was pretty scared. Apologized and escaped to the office proper but was followed and the abuse continued so headed out to the pool area. Unfortunately the BR in the pool area didn't have a working light (just used it during the day now--no soap either). Anyway, sat checking e-mail with 2 other computer users poolside and receptionist lady came to berate me some more and request my room number for her "report." Gave her the number and suggested their behavior was pretty unprofessional and she yelled about me maybe "having a gun" (in my pajamas???). So I told her I felt pretty threatened myself but if she was worried for her safety perhaps she should call the police.

So she did.

I apologized to the officer who found me poolside for his time being wasted by this nonsense and accompanied him back to the office to "prove I was a guest." No I'm a neighbor who came over without shoes in my pajamas to shoot up the employee bathroom. Sheesh. Produced my room key while big guy continue to scream and shout and menace and lift his shirt (guess he got dressed for the occasion) to show that "he didn't have a gun!" Turns out the guy is the "chief maintenance officer" or some such fancy title for "super." So I pled guilty to using the employee BR by mistake, offered to let the bemused cop fingerprint me and bid them all goodnight. Suffice it to say I'm being more careful to bolt my door at night than usual.

These guys obviously have too little entertainment and far too little training in hotel management. What a bunch of loonies!

Ken W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.