Sep 13, 2009

I PAYED FOR A TIME SHARE HERE AND GOT SCAMED OUT OF A LOT OF MONEY. NEVER GOT TO STAY MY WEEK AND DIDNT GET A REFUND EITHER. STAY CLEAR OF THIS PLACE.

Gino O.
Nov 12, 2009

I'm curious as to did you rent from someone or what. I own there myself and although I've only used it once I've held onto it because I only live 66 miles away and am able to use the resort any time I want and I bank it, and then have traded, gifted it, etc. It's a lovely resort but since buying we've bought a home in Florida so I do spend most of my vacation time there. One thing recently when I spoke to someone about selling it and I had mentioned how they had changed to the "Point" system and I didn't do that I kept it as my week I was told that was the smart thing to do because when it's points if they change the amount of points you need for the week you could find yourself not owning a week and it's more like virtual time than actual deeded space. I'm just wondering what you ran into and why for future reference. Thanks

Paula C.
Jul 22, 2011

I own 3 weeks there and am very shocked about what happened to you. I own 2 in the summer and rent one of those weeks. I post my rentals on Red Week and on Craigslist and have never had a problem. How did you rent it? When I rent mine out I give the name of the person to the management of Surfside. THe rentor can call to verify that I am the owner of that unit and that week and that it will be rented to THEM. Did you talk to the management?

Lily H.
Aug 01, 2012

I have owned since it was converted to a timeshare. We have never rented it and use our week each year. Never had an issue and love the place. I DID NOT convert to the points system although they harass you to do so as I know having a deeded summer week in August is much ore valuable to me than points which I then need to try and use when there is an opening.

Thomas K.
Jan 09, 2013

Hey so I own what they consider a "red week" and would like to sell at a very low price. I can no longer afford the maintenance fees. This year in 2013 they also added another "accessment" charge which basically doubled my maintenance for the year.

B. S.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jan 09, 2013 07:18 PM

Feb 04, 2013

I was interested into maybe buying there again. We used to own there. What type of unit do you own, and what are the maintenance fees now?

Joan H.
Feb 05, 2013

I am not selling but wanted to offer a point of reference as an original owner. This year there is a special assessment for capital improvements. The budget that had been planned was used for emergency repairs to the septic and pool the last two years so the board voted on the special assessment to redo much of the resort. I had no issue paying it as we love the place and want to see that it is properly maintained. With that said, I'm sure there are those that are not happy with the special extra fee.

Thomas K.
Apr 06, 2015

why were most recent messages deleted? Would like to have seen what current visits were like.

Roby Saucier
Apr 06, 2015

Usually messages are deleted when someone writes about wanting to buy or sell their unit. The Forum doesn't allow you to do that here. Instead you are told to either post your "want" for a timeshare at this resort, or post you sell requirement in the proper place.

I know this because this happened to me, and they deleted by post. I own a unit at Surfside and actually stayed there last October. Beautiful spot.. clean and comfortable. We enjoyed it immensely. I would highly recommend, and not just because I own a unit Have a good vacation wherever you decide to stay. Happy spring! I am so glad it is finally here. :)

B. S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.