Timeshare Companies

Resorts Condo Management of Florida or Texas

Sep 28, 2009

Has anyone dealt with this company and have they gotten any positive results. Or is this another scam?

Roger W.
Sep 29, 2009

If they are claiming to have a buyers or renters for your timeshare and then ask for any fee, then yes it is a scam. ALL they want is your money.

Mike N.
Oct 14, 2009

Does anyone have the website for this company? How about the principle owners names and info?

Patrick G.
Oct 17, 2009

Yes, this is a scam. They cleaned me out for $1498. They are obviously working with another company called Direct Timeshare Sales, Inc from Orlando, FL. DTS promised to sell my timeshare and take out payment after the sale. Ryan Whitfield from DTS was the one who was talking to me. She told me that another company would contact me for verification only. The other company was Resorts Condos Management. They wanted my debit card number for the verification process. I was not allowed to ask any questions during the verification interview, which took three times because the first 2 times I started asking some questions. They were recording the interview. Immediately after that they processed my debit card for $1498. I did not approve that transaction and they did not provide any written documentation. They claimed that they needed my debit card number for my protection. Yeah right. During the past 2 days, I'm finding out that they are nothing but a scam. I contacted my bank, Suntrust, and they had other dispute claims from other customers of Resorts Condos Management. Learn from my experience, they are a ripoff and need to be shut down. DON'T BE TAKEN BY THEM OR GIVE THEM ANY INFORMATION. Also, according the Florida BBB, I learned the following: In the State of Florida - the collection of advanced listing fees from Florida residents, regardless of the location of the property, and owners of Florida timeshares is prohibited. Section 721.20(6), Florida Statutes, prohibits the collection of any advance fee for the listing of any timeshare estate or timeshare license, and requires that any seller of a timeshare plan be a licensed real estate broker, broker associate or sales associate as defined in Section 475.01, Florida Statutes.

Scott M.
Oct 17, 2009

Patrick, According the the Texas BBB, they have 5 complaints against them. According to the Florida BBB, they have 1 complaint and an F rating. They are a scam. They took me for $1498 without my knowledge or approval, supposedly for a $1498 charge for verification of selling my timeshare. Its bogus, don't give them any information or anything.

Scott M.
Dec 03, 2009

My mom has a friend who has a property at Westgate Lake Resorts in Florida. We're in Texas. Her friend has been getting calls from Resorts Condo Management that they have a "buyer" interested in her property. The gentlemen I talked to today, 12/3/09, said she had to pay $2195.00 to a title company (I asked which one, he said he didn't know) with a credit card. He also said they would call her and do a 2 minute recording to authorize them to continue with the sell of the property. It sounded sketchy, so I decided to do a search on them. I'm glad I found this. I will let my mom's friend that they are a scam. Thanks for your posts!

PS - I have a phone #, ext, name of the person who was going to make 2% commission on this "sale".

Ana S.
Dec 22, 2009

Apparently they are now operating under different company names also in order to further mystify callers. We received a call from a John Redmond at Superior Vacation Marketing with a Virginia phone number 540-322-2175 regarding someone wanting to purchase our timeshare. They referenced our original timeshare purchase that was in Tennessee not the one we currently own which first clued me to something fishy. He said he had a buyer that was wanting to purchase a timeshare for his kids for Christmas (so, of course, this has to be all rush, rush.) He was going to let his buyer know what price we wanted and see if he was still interested and he would call us back that afternoon. He called back within two hours saying the buyer accepted the terms. He indicated he would need $2,050 via a credit card for fees to complete the deal but he doesn't get any commission on it. I tried contacting the Virginia Attorney General, the Virginia office of Consumer Affairs and the BBB in Virginia and couldn't find any information on their company. Their website, WWW.SVRsold.com doesn't actually list an office address for them nor a fax number so again I was skeptical. After several calls from him (at least 8 total) I asked him if he could email a business card or copy of letterhead to me. He said it sounded like there were some trust issues and sounded offended. He also initially misunderstood and thought I wanted a contract sent over and said he couldn't send that paperwork through until the deal had been completed and talked over my conversation while I tried to explain to him I only wanted something showing their address and company information. He agreed to send something but that conversation ended in a huff. Today I received the email with a blank contract and address on a form and the address was for Resorts Condos Management in Texas, so not the same company name at all. After searching for information I found this forum on them and also the BBB of Texas posting on them. When he called back tonight to complete the deal we told him we found all this information and he said if we didn't want to sell the property to let him know right then so we let him know we didn't want to sell the property. He then got belligerent and started with profanities before he hung up. I'm going to follow up with any authorities I can to let them know that this is going on in Virginia too but long story short beware of any company calling and wanting fees up front because they are getting very deceptive now.

Sharon P.
Jan 03, 2010

Thats there new name... Resorts condos Managemant changed there name.. there old number was... 1972-746-4620... all they did was change the number...The guy that runs that bullshit scamm company name is rich...His cell number is 407-451-1653...in fact they are located in orlando fl... this is what they do...They run the scamm under a company's name then they changed there names... and the circle continues... Scamm... Scammm... Ba aware of these scam artist....

Jennifer P.
Jan 03, 2010

Its a huge scammmm

Jennifer P.
Jan 05, 2010

We too were contacted by John Redmond last nite. He is a fast talker and answer for everything to include the questions I had for him regard the BBB "F" rating. We have not given him anything and now I know we won't. thanks for the information on this forum. I will write back after we tell him we are "out" thanks

Jon C.
Jan 05, 2010

I contacted Mr Redmond today and told him we were not liking what we read about him and his company and did not want to sell our Westgate Lakes timeshare at this time. Yes he becomes very offensive and after a few minutes about how I screwed him out of a sell and his commision. I once again stated that we would not be doing the sell and he continued. Finally I was feeling my blood pressure raising and told him I needed to drop off or I would regret saying thinks. And he continued, finally I just hung up and we didn't answer any of his calls. He left a message on my phone and the home phone and basically thought I was the one out of line. We are done with him. Thanks Forum for helping us make up our mind.

Jon C.
Jan 06, 2010

jonc92 wrote:
Thanks Forum for helping us make up our mind.

That's the main reason me and other regular posters come here on a daily basis .... to out upfront fee scammers.

R P.
Jan 06, 2010

We were contacted by woman representing Resorts Condo Mgt of Texas. Same-Same had a buyer won't release name but they are interested in Wyhdam property. Fee up front $2050, contact is Matthew Welch, 785-261-9802. After reading all the responses that were very helpful, we believe it is a scam just presented another way. Researching on the internet is a must and thank you all for posting your experiences.

Michael M.
Jan 06, 2010

i wish i would have known how to get on this page to check these people out before i got taken for 1025.and was told they had a buyer and that when they called to get my stuff on the timeshare don`t tell them that there was a buyer,they lied to me from the get got,i was to get my papers to sigh on jan 5 and nothen and noone called,so i called all the numbers that i had been given to keep up with on my sell of my place had been forward to one person and then noone would call me back,so i got the paper out with the name Resort Condo Plus and found a number on them and called and was told that they did not know these people and they no longer worked for them and i asked them what happend and they said the buyer backed out,and i said what about the paper that the buyer signed if he backed out that my money would be refunded and he just laught at what i said and said there is not paper...this company is a joke and worthless....

Robert E.
Jan 15, 2010

My brother asked for my advice before he accepted an offer from Resort Condos Management to sell his exchange condo to an interested buyer. They were asking for around $2,000 up front for a sale amount that was more than the original purchase price.

First I checked the Better Business Bureau. As of today, Resorts Condos Management has a rating of “F”, the BBB’s lowest rating. The BBB has received 29 complaints regarding misrepresentation of the availability of potential buyers, and dissatisfaction with the company's performance. Next I checked on-line. Reports from customers across the country describe a call out of nowhere with an offer from Resort Condos Management to buy their exchange condo. Resort Condos Management claims to have a prospective buyer, but it requires an up-front deposit to process the paperwork, and there is also a fixed time frame to send in money, such as 48 hours. My advice to my brother? Never send money or provide your credit card / debit card numbers to a ANY company before seeing the terms of your agreement in writing. Even if a company asks for a credit card number for a “verification process” or “to pay a title company”, NEVER give access to your credit card before reading and accepting the terms of your agreement. If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Karen B.
Apr 06, 2010

is there anyway we could get our monies back?

Sharon B.
Apr 06, 2010

sharonb448 wrote:
is there anyway we could get our monies back?

File a complaint with the attorney general in the state the scammers are located ... there are several upfront fee resale companies that the Florida attorney general is going after ... that's the only thing you can really do.

R P.
Apr 16, 2010

I'm in Los Angeles, CA my husband and I now understand why this company has not returned our calls or keep hanging up on us when call to check on the status of our sell. We will be filing a lawsuit today with the attorney general in Florida, Texas and California. I don’t think any of us will be getting any of the upfront money back anytime soon. I guess the lesson learned here, is that if it sounds to good then it most likely is not.

Pearline L.
Apr 22, 2010

They are a rip off. If you or anyone you know has fallen for their misrepresentation, please contact the Texas Attorney General (Greg Abbott) and file a complaint. The Texas Attorney General Consumer Complaint department can be contacted online at:

http://www.oag.state.tx.us/consumer/index.shtml

or:

Texas Attorney General's Consumer Protection Hotline: (800) 621-0508 Regional Offices

If we can get enough people to complain, the Texas AG will file a class action lawsuit and will put them out of business.

Dorothy J.
Apr 28, 2010

Thank you for this advice. We fell for this scam Dec. 12, 2009. After the 6 week time frame came up and no contracts in the mail I tried to contact her. After approx. 3 months of trying to get ANYONE to answer my call, yesterday I finally got someone on the phone a manager named Bradley Nowles. I told him I wanted a refund for my 1995.00 because we had been lied to by one of his representatives Debra Fisher. She had promised us she had a buyer and they had already put down a 500.00 binder blah blah blah within 6 -10 weeks we would have every thing completed. We haven't received one thing from her NOTHING and have not been able to reach her or anyone until April 27, 2010. He (Bradley) said he couldn't issue me a refund first because the seven days were up but I told him she kept us in the loop until the seven days passed and we couldn't get the funds back, then he said he couldn't issue us a refund because the funds were already distributed for the title search, ASOP (?) letter, and blah blah blah. He said our property is showing sold and the bank is holding it up and He told me to call him back this afternoon April 28, 2010 and he would have me an answer as to why we haven't received any funds or contracts like we were promised. I am very very doubtful if I will ever hear from him or be able to reach him again. I told him I had been trying to get someone on the phone for two months and now I need to call back I do not like the way they do business. No one has tried to contact us and let us know anything so I doubt I will be hearing from him but if I do I will be sure and update my posting. Again thanks for the info and hopefully all is not lost. Lori

Lori M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.